Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Frost Arena game environment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    They should have a "rally" at Cubbys before the games. Then get the BATA busses to haul them all to the game. Then there would be tons of rowdy fans. On second thought, maybe not...
    Get them to Cubby's, get them drunk, and then bus them to the game. Sounds good....haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
      One of my best memories of college was packing up the bag at the end of August and telling my parents "See you at Thanksgiving."
      That was your parents' best memory, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        That was your parents' best memory, too.

Very true!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Come up with a name and they'll come, like Cameron Crazies.

Frost Fanatics?

Frost Biters?

Frosty Flakes?
          They have the Fanaddicts and that doesn't seem to have them coming. Young folks would rather play video games or facebook than go to a ballgame

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            Speaking of students, are there that many that post here on SDSUfans.com?

It seems like mostly alumni that post. I hope when NDSU comes to town are student body will come out in full force and hound the NDSU players like their fans did to our players.
            It might be a good idea to get a facebook page that might push some people over to this site.

From what I hear it sounds like there is a push to get students to come to the games by inviting them via email or going out and talking to them at the dorms or the union.

Frost Arena used to have a huge "12th man" type presence. I guess sixth man would be more appropriate. My hope is as the teams get better the crowds will grow and become louder.

It wouldn't hurt for the students to see more than 5-10 people out of their highbacks cheering for the team. I'm just saying! I got told to sit down again at the Oakland game. Umm, I stood more!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Rabid Rabbits?

Bezerk Bunnines?

Wyld Hares?

This all plays back into the game being an even regardless of the opponent.
              How about the HPER Kerblastificatiors?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                How about the HPER Kerblastificatiors?

SUPERBUNNY
                I like it. Although the only hang up is the fact that most shirt makers charge per letter.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I like it. Although the only hang up is the fact that most shirt makers charge per letter.
                  K-Blasters . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Frosticaters

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                      Message to college students. You WILL have a much better (and more fun) college experience if you stay in Brookings on the weekends rather than heading back to your high school boyfriend/girlfriend. Speaking from a male perspective a single college girl who has had too much to drink is always better than a steady girlfriend. One of my best memories of college was packing up the bag at the end of August and telling my parents "See you at Thanksgiving." Stay in Brookings (support the Rabbits). I guarantee you won't regret it!
                      I love it. They ought to hang something like this up in the dorm bathrooms move-in weekend.

Rep points for you my friend.

Comment

I think that this configuration isn't that bad. Granted, I may be a little biased since I am rooting for the Blue Devils when the Jacks aren't playing.

Fun fact: Cameron seats about 9300. And didn't have air conditining until 2001-2002. Also, there are about 1200 student seats.

I was there for a preseason game and it is an experience I will never forget.
                        I too as a duke fan love Cameron Indoor. I love that they still play on hanging baskets not portable or moveable ones. Frost use to which i wish we still used. Provides more room under the basket. I just wish we would have created the new bleachers to get closer too the court. not further away.

THe new student seats look like but they are raised up so when students stand the sight lines behind them are awful. I know people are not impressed with the student turn out over the last few years, but the transition really hurt that. We didnt really hear a problem with student turn out in the NCC days. Soon as the summit gets better well known and both teams are upper teams in the league, the students will return. I just feel with the new student seats and end court seats really took away the packed and intimate feeling of hugging the court.

Look has close Duke students get to the court. Not saying we are Duke good as students go but the closer the students the more into they get. sitting behind to media rows of tables and having people constantly yelling for them to sit down so people can see from behind really has not helped the cause.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

As we are having this discussion, I can't help but wonder if we are all revising history a bit.

Sure the atmosphere at Frost for the USD and Augie games was pretty electric, but I seem to remember quite a few games against the likes of Northern Colorado and St Cloud that were about the same or lower quality crowd wise. The IPFW atmosphere last Thursday would have beat about half the NCC games.

That being said,

IMO:

-Chairbacks are needed on the upper south side ASAP. The sight lines in the upper south are awful right now, especially when there is no other option for GA tickets. It would probably help student vocalization if they weren't getting yelled at by people behind them who can't see. Would it be so bad at the beginning of the second half to let people fill in the end sections if they are empty? Or any reserved seats for that matter?

-With chairbacks on the upper south, some of the end line chairbacks should be reserved for the opposing team. I think most of our parents sit on the end, make the other team sit there too instead of giving them better seats than 85% of paying Jackrabbit fans.

-Make the whole lower south side student seating. The ability to sit right behind the opponents bench would energize a bunch of student fans, which would feed and spread through that entire section. If conference rules don't allow that, put the band there.

-If you are a student fan of the Jackrabbits, tell somebody. Invite a friend along to the game. Ask a pretty girl on a date and take her to the game (if a girl doesn't appreciate a first date at a sporting event, reconsider whether you want to date her). In today's age of video games, email, facebook, cable TV, and more, you will be shocked what a face to face invitation will do. Most of my friends who aren't SDSU grads get tired of me talking about the Jackrabbits. I've never had one of them turn me down to ride along to a game. And they have to buy a ticket, students get in with an ID.

-If you are faculty, encourage students to go to the game. Ask how many students are going to the game... Have a bonus quiz question asking the score for last night's game... Write it on the chalkboard before class... Tie one assignment per semester to an athletic event somehow (ie, observe social behavior of fans and complete a report)... Maybe these things aren't kosher in a University environment, but I don't see the harm.

-Re-introduce the "Rabbit Den Readers." How much of a budget does a 1 page flier take? Have Cubby's sponsor it. Or better yet, put a coupon for $5 of Cubby's cash in it.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

NCAA regs: Students can't be situated immediately behind the opponent's bench.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              NCAA regs: Students can't be situated immediately behind the opponent's bench.
                              Thats interesting. Do you have a cite? Ild like to parse that one a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                Speaking of students, are there that many that post here on SDSUfans.com?

It seems like mostly alumni that post. I hope when NDSU comes to town are student body will come out in full force and hound the NDSU players like their fans did to our players.
                                As a matter of fact some of us young folk do read this board quite frequently. And here is my $0.02. I hate how the visitors section is right in the middle of our student section. It breaks the student section in two and makes it harder for any unified chanting to take place. Those in my opinion are the best seats in the house.
                                Also, if any other students want to partake in a little pregame activity before the NDSU games or USD game pm me and I'll send directions. We had a hell of a time before and during the Oakland games. "Have fun in the D-League Benson!" "FREE THROWS KAMPE FREE THROWS!"
                                And for those of you who are complaining about the lack of cheering from the students, Coach Francis from Oakland came over and told us she wished they had fans like us. We than proceeded to tell her we were impressed by their valiant comeback since we thought for sure they were going to lose by 40

Comment

Working...
                                X