Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Florida

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
    IMHO, it just goes to show that everyone on the team can contribute if they get their heads in the right place.  
    A great point
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
      South Dakota St. stuns UCF

The Orlando Sentinel expresses disbelief:
      Heh.  Fear the Rabbit!

Wow, I couldn't see the register ever printing a quote like that. Especially after that "high school team" just beat your home town team.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        Anybody know what happened to the Ben Beran who had 28 against Kentucky? That guy was a solid D1 player. Great win by the Jacks! We'll get a lot more if we can get that Beran kid back. Who woulda thunk at the beginning of the season that we would be looking to Cadwell for our scoring. What a crazy season. I hope we end this puppy on a good note and get some confidence heading into the off-season.
        The dreaded Sophomore Slump, I'd guess. I'd further guess that Ben's big problem is that he's simply trying too hard--trying to carry the team, and not playing within himself.

The schedule gets a LOT easier from here on out, which should allow our young team to get some good experience going into next year.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I believe in Ben's case it would be the dreaded Junior Slump, as this is his 3rd season with the Jacks. ;D

If you were making a joke, disregard this comment. ;D
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

The schedule gets a LOT easier from here on out, which should allow our young team to get some good experience going into next year.
            That's what i thought before NDSU
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Nobody really discusses it a lot. But look at Cadwell. He is a Freshman (RS) I think it's extrordinary what he is doing. Even in the games that we've been blown out in, he has always played well and most nights he is carrying this team. If he is this cluch and this great of a scorer now, think what he will be like as a Senior. He may be one of the greats when its said and done.

On another note Gilbert still has his shaky moments but in the last several games he is starting to get it together too, He plays like a Freshman because he is one. but I still think he will be a great player as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                I believe in Ben's case it would be the dreaded Junior Slump, as this is his 3rd season with the Jacks. ;D

If you were making a joke, disregard this comment. ;D
                Er, yeah, right, yeah, that's what I meant, all rightie . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                  Nobody really discusses it a lot. But look at Cadwell. He is a Freshman (RS) I think it's extrordinary what he is doing. Even in the games that we've been blown out in, he has always played well and most nights he is carrying this team. If he is this cluch and this great of a scorer now, think what he will be like as a Senior. He may be one of the greats when its said and done.
                  Also, next year Holdren will be able to keep the other teams from focusing all of their attention to Cadwell. If he stays healthy and continues to grow as a player he could put up some scary scoring numbers.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan

On another note Gilbert still has his shaky moments but in the last several games he is starting to get it together too, He plays like a Freshman because he is one. but I still think he will be a great player as well.
                    Cadwell may well be one of the all-time SDSU greats already. Put a bit more talent and athletic ability around him, continue to get him experience and work on his defense and passing, and watch out.

Player, year Min/G PPG FG-FGA FGPct 3FG-A 3FGPct FT-FTA FTPct RPG Ast TO A/TO Blk Stl
                    Cadwell, SDSU, 05-06 36.8 16.3 87-200 .435 27-62 .435 76-92 .826 3.4 58 57 1.02 1 21
                    Woodside, NDSU, 05-06 34.3 17.3 89-211 .422 29-76 .382 105-130 .808 2.8 91 62 1.47 2 24
                    J.J.Redik, Duke, 05-06 35.7 26.4 137-274 .500 59-139 .424 89-105 .848 1.7 36 33 1.09 2 18
                    Brown, Illinois, 05-06 34.2 15.0 87-240 .363 48-139 .345 48-62 .774 3.0 101 53 1.91 1 31
                    Austin Hanson, 1999-00 n/a 13.5 129-316 .408 49-144 .340 97-124 .782 2.7 82 n/a n/a 1 57
                    Austin Hanson, career n/a 15.3 570-1370 .416 235-627 .375 440-540 .815 3.6 280 n/a n/a 9 225
                    Jason Sempsrott, career n/a 12.6 138-331 .417 n/a n/a 462-529 .873 2.3 343 n/a n/a 11 145
                    Duke's Redik (intentionally misspelled due to the board's demented word filter) is a better shooter all around, but Cadwell shoots the 3 better than J.J. He doesn't shoot it nearly as often. J.J's got him on assist/turnover ratio.

Cadwell is a much, much better shooter than Dee Brown, but pretty obviously needs to work on the assist/turnover ratio, just generally.

Cadwell's freshman stats are as good or better than Austin Hanson's career stats, with the exception of assists and steals. Comparing Cadwell to Austin's freshman year is even more impressive, especially considering that Cadwell is doing it against Division I competition.

Matt also stacks up pretty well against NDSU's Woodside, who's also having a phenomenal freshman year.

If he keeps going the way he's going, Matt Cadwell will set some school records before he graduates.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Great post filbert!!

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, I like where this team is headed. Cadwell and Holdren have established themselves. Gilbert seems to be coming around. Throw in the twin towers next year along with Basset and Cordova down low. With the leadership we'll get from Beran and Loney, we should be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                          I don't care what anyone says, I like where this team is headed.  Cadwell and Holdren have established themselves.  Gilbert seems to be coming around.  Throw in the twin towers next year along with Basset and Cordova down low.  With the leadership we'll get from Beran and Loney, we should be alright.
                          Don't forget about Berte and Hornby

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

Don't forget about Berte and Hornby  
                            Maybe I am premature, but lets see how Jose Frias fits into the scheme. I for one have not given up on him and apparently neither has Nagy. If he he plays 24 minutes, what does that tell you? He apparently has some quickness that some of the others dont have and could at least add to our depth.

Comment

Link to the Register's story:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...11&page=25

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X