Central Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida

While looking at the Golden Knights' basketball site, I came across some interesting facts:

http://ucfathletics.collegesports.co...011306aaa.html

Golden Knights Head West to Face Houston

UCF looking for first C-USA victory.

Jan. 13, 2006

HOUSTON - UCF will be looking for its first Conference USA victory when it travels to Texas to face Houston on Saturday evening. Tip-off at Hofheinz Pavilion is slated for 8 p.m. Eastern. . . .

The Golden Knights will need a strong defensive performance against a high-powered Houston offense. UCF is holding opponents to a league-low 62.5 points per contest. That mark ranks 47th nationally. . . .

PACKING THE HOUSE UCF has played in front of two of the top home crowds in school history this season. On Nov. 18, UCF faced cross-town opponent Rollins in front of 3,051 fans - the seventh-largest crowd in UCF Arena history. When the Golden Knights opened Conference USA play versus Marshall on Jan. 11, over 2,800 spectators crowded into UCF Arena. The 2,807 fans marked the ninthth-largest crowd in the venue's history.

UP NEXT The Golden Knights will play their final non-conference game of the season on Wednesday at home versus South Dakota State. The teams met for the first time on Feb. 21, 2005 in Orlando. UCF shot 50.9 percent from the floor on its way to an 82-72 victory. Gary Johnson paced UCF with 25 points. He was 10-of-13 from the charity stripe as the Golden Knights made 36 trips to the line. Josh Peppers recorded 15 points in the win and Anthony Williams totaled 10 points, six rebounds and a career-high six blocks.

Go State! ;D

Re: Central Florida

Here is info on a Pre-game Ralley:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/AlumniFounda...mp;PassID=6482

UCF Pre-game Rally

DESCRIPTION:

On Wednesday night (January 18 ) the Jackrabbit Men’s Basketball team will face the University of Central Florida Golden Knights at UCF Arena. Come cheer on the Jacks. Game time is 7:00pm.

For tickets, contact the UCF Ticket Office at: 407-823-1000

Before the game, join SDSU alumni and fans for a no host, pre-game social at the Orlando Ale House. Look for others wearing Yellow & Blue. The gathering will start at 5:00pm.

Orlando Ale House

641 North Alafaya Trail

Orlando, FL

407-736-0333

If you have questions, contact the SDSU Alumni Association at 888-735-2257 or email alumni@statealum.com

Go State!  ;D

Comment

UCF is having a down year.

This is a game we have a good shot to win, if we continue to keep the turnovers down.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I would love to see a win here, but I don't know if that will happen. I hope and pray for a turnaround game.

Steve Emming mentioned in the post game show that Central had played Kentucky close. Coach Nagy said that he thought the team was down a bit this year so there may be two different Central Florida teams too.
        Lets hope for the downside one to show up on Wednesday.

Comment

UCF lost to Kentucky by 2 about a week ago

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            UCF is having a down year.

This is a game we have a good shot to win, if we continue to keep the turnovers down.
            I've been quiet in posts of late mainly because I'm tired of complaining about the men's basketball program. Having said that, I'm not sure we can honestly say there is a game on the schedule that we have a good shot to win right now. Sure, there are plenty of games on the schedule that we should win, but we are losing those games right now. Until we show the ability to play well 2-3 games in a row, my expectations are pretty low.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

I've been quiet in posts of late mainly because I'm tired of complaining about the men's basketball program. Having said that, I'm not sure we can honestly say there is a game on the schedule that we have a good shot to win right now. Sure, there are plenty of games on the schedule that we should win, but we are losing those games right now. Until we show the ability to play well 2-3 games in a row, my expectations are pretty low.
              Well, in my defense, I did post that prior to the NDSU debacle.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

I've been quiet in posts of late mainly because I'm tired of complaining about the men's basketball program.  Having said that, I'm not sure we can honestly say there is a game on the schedule that we have a good shot to win right now.  Sure, there are plenty of games on the schedule that we should win, but we are losing those games right now.  Until we show the ability to play well 2-3 games in a row, my expectations are pretty low.
                I tend to agree, its so darn frustrating. Is this year better than last year? At least we are not embarassed by losing to Morningside and lets hope we have a sweep Feb 1 and 2 over Southwest Minn. Somehow a break out game is a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Well, in my defense, I did post that prior to the NDSU debacle.
                  Good point. The NDSU game is a new low.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

01/18/2006 -- ( 6:00 PM )
                    Men's Basketball: SDSU at Central Florida

DESCRIPTION:
                    The Jackrabbit men's basketball team heads south to take on Central Florida. Start time is 7 p.m. Eastern (6 p.m. Central) from the UCF Arena in Orlando.

Note: EARLY START ON THIS GAME 6 PM

Comment

Start time moved to 6:30 CST . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks 1st three possessions = no shots, three turnovers

4 to 0

Comment

Heien hits a 3