Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last scholarship???

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    My bro-in-law lives in St. Cloud and tells me about Wolters. Makes it sound like Tech breeds athletes, just not smart ones (his words). He said Wolters more than held his own against Hopkins, getting into the lane easily and often.

I know a student athlete who attends a private NSIC school in a large city. He loves his team and coaches but, coming from the background he does, he doesn't like the school and doesn't relate to his fellow students. He's already looked at transfering. Wolters will not play professionaly (most likely) so just go to a place that you like.
    I know some, not you Tea, have bashed Wolters for picking a D-2 school over D-1. He did grow up in St. Cloud and probably has a lot of friends attending or will be attending there. He probably has always wanted to play there. I have no problem with a kid playing were he wants. I remember when I was in high school and was deciding where to attend school. Most of my friends were going to SDSU, so I just went because it felt comfortable. I really had no idea what major I wanted, so I just went and figured I would figure it out when I got there. It all worked out OK for me, I'm sure that Wolters will be happy were he lands.

We really need to start focusing on other players to fill that last scholly.

Go Jacks!!!
    Last edited by NorCalJack; 03-30-2009, 10:17 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      If an SDSU coaching staff member is seen at a St Cloud Tech BB game after Wolter's father says he is not interested in SDSU, I think have to be very careful and not read into these superfacial reportings. It means nothing.
      I don't think Wolters has made it official he is going to St. Cloud St. SDSU was wanting Wolters to make an early commit, which he wasn't willing to do.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Why is it still St. Cloud State? Shouldn't it be MSU-St. Cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          Why is it still St. Cloud State? Shouldn't it be MSU-St. Cloud?
          SCSU students, alumni, and boosters voted back when some of the other MNSCU school changed their names. The vast majority did not want a name change. Some financial supporters threatened to pull their support. So they dropped the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
            I don't think Wolters has made it official he is going to St. Cloud St. SDSU was wanting Wolters to make an early commit, which he wasn't willing to do.
            You are probably right on the details, but if we dont get a letter of intent next month from Wolters, its not the end of the world. I dont think I will be losing sleep.

Comment

The point guard situation is interesting. Chad White is not a point guard, I think he's more of a "point forward". His ball handling skills are good, but not true point guard talented.
              It's fine if he isn't THEE point guard b/c him being a "point forward" would be great, especially if he polishes up on his jumper. Stick him in the middle/ft line against a zone defense and let him create. I follow Kansas pretty close and the trend for them is having multiple PG's on the floor at the same time. This year they started basically three (Collins, Morningstar, Taylor) and brought another (Reed) off the bench right away. Bill Self, when asked, says he wants everything out of his guards. Not just a good ballhandler or shooter, he wants kids that can do it all. Obviously we're not anywhere near able to pull the same kids KU does, but we should want the same kids. I hope Moss and Palarca take alot of jump shots this offseason b/c they are both capable PG's, just not the best at making jumpers.

Comment

It's fine if he isn't THEE point guard b/c him being a "point forward" would be great, especially if he polishes up on his jumper. Stick him in the middle/ft line against a zone defense and let him create. I follow Kansas pretty close and the trend for them is having multiple PG's on the floor at the same time. This year they started basically three (Collins, Morningstar, Taylor) and brought another (Reed) off the bench right away. Bill Self, when asked, says he wants everything out of his guards. Not just a good ballhandler or shooter, he wants kids that can do it all. Obviously we're not anywhere near able to pull the same kids KU does, but we should want the same kids. I hope Moss and Palarca take alot of jump shots this offseason b/c they are both capable PG's, just not the best at making jumpers.
                I thought last year we were going to play like Villanova! I hope so they are sitting in the Final 4! We need to redshirt everyone and get them ready for the next 4 years after!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                  I thought last year we were going to play like Villanova! I hope so they are sitting in the Final 4! We need to redshirt everyone and get them ready for the next 4 years after!
                  That would be doing a pretty big dis-service to next years seniors if incoming freshman can play and contribute right away...
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    That would be doing a pretty big dis-service to next years seniors if incoming freshman can play and contribute right away...
                    It would also be a disservice to the freshman if they don't take a redshirt and only play 5 to 10 minutes a game. I always like the 15 minute rule, as in if they will average 15 minutes a night or more as a freshman, let them play; if not, don't waste their redshirt year in which they could be developing in the weight room and gaining much needed experience while not using up any eligibility.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

I think you have to take into account that the Summit League Tournament is in Sioux Falls next year and beyond that we do not know where the tournament will be held, at this time. Having the three games you need to win to get into the "Big Dance" so close to home is a big advantage and we should take advantage of it by putting our best team on the floor next year, IMHO.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        It would also be a disservice to the freshman if they don't take a redshirt and only play 5 to 10 minutes a game. I always like the 15 minute rule, as in if they will average 15 minutes a night or more as a freshman, let them play; if not, don't waste their redshirt year in which they could be developing in the weight room and gaining much needed experience while not using up any eligibility.
                        Would anyone agrue that Dale Moss should have redshirted? We have not had that luxery to reshirt players but now we do and if you are a Freshman and not in the 8 man rotatation getting solid minutes like 15 to 18 you should ask to redshirt!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                          Would anyone agrue that Dale Moss should have redshirted? We have not had that luxery to reshirt players but now we do and if you are a Freshman and not in the 8 man rotatation getting solid minutes like 15 to 18 you should ask to redshirt!
                          Tony Feigen and Chad White are good enough to play right now, Moss probably should of redshirted but more because he could have used a red shirt.... I don't think that Feigen and White need a redshirt unless something happens (injury)...

Comment

Nothing is stated you can only use your redshirt your freshman year. Sure it seems the most logical, but it isn't a law. I don't see either Chad or Tony redshirting. I believe Carlson's dad said his son was redshirting next year. Chad and Tony will get enough minutes so they won't be redshirting.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I don't think Fiegen is ready. I think he needs a year of strength and conditioning.

White could probably help, but is he better than Griffin Cal, Rader or even Cassaday right now?

Next years group badly needs a big, even if Davis plays. If Davis does not play then two bigs are needed (maybe then Fiegen will be pushed into playing right away). Outside of that the depth looks pretty decent with Moss (PG), Sargent(SG), GriffCall(SG/SF), Cassaday(SF/PF), Rader(SG/SF)on the bench.

Comment

I don't think Fiegen is ready. I think he needs a year of strength and conditioning.

White could probably help, but is he better than Griffin Cal, Rader or even Cassaday right now?
                                Coach Nagy said two weeks ago that both Fiegen and White are "going to play a lot of minutes for us next year." Seems pretty clear to me that Coach Nagy thinks they're both ready to contribute right away.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X