Kwsn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kwsn...

Welcome Bob! Stick around and contribute and get to know us and us you.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
      Welcome Bob! Stick around and contribute and get to know us and us you.
      thanks tjack, i will! glad to be a part of any sports discussion, particularly sports radio. i welcome the new station and wish them the best! the more the merrier for the sports fan!

Comment

Hopefully everyone will listen and drop by and offer an opinion on here tommorow. I know I'm real excited to hear the format, what they bring, etc.

I think both hosts are knowledgable and if that is the case I would like more open, rational, unbiased dialogue and callers. I enjoy the interviews of certain people. KWSN would interview about anyone from pro wrestling to SF Spitfire and in my opinion the interviews went way too long. I know the 99.1 guys have relationships at both SDSU and USD and hopefully they use those and use their expertise at both schools to bring us a show that covers our two D1 schools.

KWSN has Fox and USF and Canaries and high school.

99.1 has ESPN and two hosts from the two major state universities, so I would hope they take that advantage and run with it.

Comment

I can't imagine anyone would want to be judged based on their first day or 2 on the job, no matter what their profession. Give them some time.

Comment

I can't imagine anyone would want to be judged based on their first day or 2 on the job, no matter what their profession. Give them some time.
            I agree...which is why I simply said people should stop by and offer their opinion. I don't think any or many expect them to pitch a perfect game on opening day.

I think we can talk about the show and offer opinions without deciding their fate after a day or a week or a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Laskowski View Post
              thats Warren Swain...he is an old friend and associate of mine. Just wanted you guys to know I enjoyed the Summit League Tourney as a fan and ticket buyer and LOVED THE JACKS...men and women. Also, love the campus and have enjoyed all my visits there. Frost Arena is one of the best basketball sites i have ever seen. Coach Nagy is one of the nicest people in sports and i know a fine coach...hang in there Coach! I even have a Jack jersey in my sports collection courtesy of Ron Lenz. I am not trying to "buy" friends here but really enjoy the banter. thanks, Bob Laskowski
              Welcome aboard Bob, hope you enjoy your time here.

Comment

Not sure why this thread is under Men's Basketball, but I wanted to everyone to know there is another thread about KSOO on the board that I posted that had the argus story.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=8290

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  Yep, just espnradio.com. I'm not sure if you need anything special for their streaming or not. Both of the computers I have are adequate and it runs smooth. One of the olders ones I had it was a little "herky jerky". I don't know if that was the connection or the computer.

John Gaskins has been a little more refreshing than Bob Laskowski. He brings a little youth to the show and has a couple of decent connections in the Cities for some pro sports talk. I've noticed the last couple of times TV has been on the show, it has been when Craig has been gone and it's only John. Coincidence...I think not. TV was very rarely on the show when it was Craig and Bob. He even made a comment quite awhile ago on his blog the radio guys in Fargo had him on more often than KWSN. Pathetic.
                  BULL**** or should i say JACK**** WE had Terry on a bunch of times...i should know, he is a Packer fan!!!

Comment

Bob is a great guy, I really enjoyed his knowledge of the SD sports. I have a hard time with young John, and I am 36 myself. Too young and condenscending (sp?) for me. I like Bob and Mike H.... By the way 99.1 FM comes in crystal clear. I just love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Laskowski View Post
                      WE had Terry on a bunch of times...i should know, he is a Packer fan!!!
                      Yah, that's the one thing I have against Terry too!

GO BEARS!
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Terry will be co-hosting tomorrow with John.

Go Vikings!

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Haven't listened to KWSN since 99.1 started carrying ESPN radio. I got tired of listening to Craig and John (especially).

Comment

Funny thing... when Bob left KWSN, I applied for the job. But I was one of many to apply and I didn't get in. Oh well.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Turned over to KWSN today after the Sports Buffet for the first time since Warren and Brad came on the air. I listened for 10 minutes and what did I hear....

Craig bitching about 2 different things.

Gaskins making sure everyne knew they have interviewed Tibbets since he became coach and that THEY were the first to have him on after his resignation from the Sky - Force.

Gaskins explaing to the SDSU people why they were live at the USD announcement (Summit league membership) and not at SDSU when the new AD was announced today.

Seems like KWSN is feeling the heat!

Wait for it....ESPN..........ESPN NINETY NINE ONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                                Turned over to KWSN today after the Sports Buffet for the first time since Warren and Brad came on the air. I listened for 10 minutes and what did I hear....

Craig bitching about 2 different things.

Gaskins making sure everyne knew they have interviewed Tibbets since he became coach and that THEY were the first to have him on after his resignation from the Sky - Force.

Gaskins explaing to the SDSU people why they were live at the USD announcement (Summit league membership) and not at SDSU when the new AD was announced today.

Seems like KWSN is feeling the heat!

Wait for it....ESPN..........ESPN NINETY NINE ONE!!!
                                Better not say too much or John will whine about the message board losers again over the air.

Comment

Working...
                                X