This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Standings

From the Oakland fan site. If the Summit Tournament was today.

SUU moves up to #4
    SDSU moves up to #5
    IUPUI drops from #4 to #6
    Western Illinois gets in at the #7 spot
    IPFW drops from #7 to #8
    Centenary drops out

March 7
    Game 1: (1) x-North Dakota State (13-2) vs (8) IPFW (5-9), 6:00pm
    Game 2: (2) x-Oral Roberts (11-3) vs (7) Western Illinois (6-9), 8:30pm

March 8
    Game 3: (4) Southern Utah (7-7) vs (5) South Dakota State (7-8) *, 6:00pm
    Game 4: (3) x-Oakland (9-5) vs (6) IUPUI (7-8), 8:30pm

March 9 - Semifinals
    Game 5: Game 1 vs Game 3, 6:00pm
    Game 6: Game 2 vs Game 4: 8:30pm

March 10 - Finals
    Game 7: Game 5 vs Game 6: 7:00pm (ESPN2)

* SDSU receives #7 seed based on a .500 winning percentage vs #3 Oakland (IUPUI has a .000 winning percentage vs OU); both teams had a .000 winning percentage vs #1 NDSU and #2 ORU; SDSU and IUPUI split the head-to-head series 1-1.

x-Clinched berth in the conference tournament

Comment

Here's TV's latest blog entry with the remaining schedules of teams fighting for a trip to SF.
      http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Looks like he tried to come up with scenerios, but just couldn't. I have a feeling it will get a lot easier after Saturday night's games.

My prediction is that SDSU is in without a win on the road and the last game against Centenary will determine if Centenary gets in over IPFW.

Correct me if I'm wrong...if SDSU has the tiebreakers over Centenary and IPFW they would both have to win 3 out of their last 4 games and I don't think there is much chance of that. It's the tiebreaker part I'm confused on.

Come on Jacks, just get a couple of wins in Tulsa and Shreveport and wash that nasty loss out of your mouths from last night and get in on your own accord!

PLAY HARD!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I can't think about all this yet. Too many moving parts. My head hurts already. I'll start to really agonize over this after Saturdays games are over.

Basically, the Jacks just need to find a way to win another conference game and they should be in pretty good shape. There looks to be a lot of ways they can get in without another win, but lets just leave that discussion out there for now and come back to it when we have to.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I now have an extra two all-session lower-level season tickets for the Summit Tournament (best that could be obtained on opening day of sales in Sioux Falls). They are in Section U, Row 6, Seats 12-13. Will sell at face value to Jackrabbit fan(s). PM me if you're interested (forget it Bison followers).

Comment

Standings are updated on front of thread.

Scores Tonight

Feb 19th, 2009
            Oral Roberts 64 Southern Utah 46
            UMKC 61 Centenary 59
            IUPUI 57 IPFW 55
            Oakland 77 Western Illinois 52

Comment

Cross-posting from another thread:

Suggestion: Those of you with tickets available (or wanting tickets) might wish to start a thread in the Summit League section to that effect.

Really gung-ho types would then post the thread link to the NDSU, Oakland, Oral Roberts, and UMKC boards (being the only ones that I'm aware of that actually have traffic on them) if you want to be really nice guys.

Just a suggestion . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With tonights finals thrown in.

1. NDSU 14-2
                2. Oral Roberts 13-3
                3. Oakland 11-5
                4. Southern Utah 8-8
                5. IUPUI 8-9
                6. SDSU 7-9
                7. IPFW 6-10
                8. WIU 6-11
                9. Centenary 5-11
                10. UMKC 3-13
                Last edited by EQguy; 02-22-2009, 01:33 PM. Reason: Went to bed before Centenary v SUU finished. Now updated
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

I think they are in. I can't see a case where the three behind can come up with the wins necessary to overtake the Jacks (but I haven't analyzed it top to bottom). Now, its all about placement.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Just read Nidaros' post in the conference section. Emming says the Jacks are in the tournament now. Now time to win one in Louisiana and steal one in Oklahoma to set up a nice seed in the tourney.
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Centenary is 5-11 not 5-10 after Saterday nights loss. If NDSU beats them Thursday night, we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                        Centenary is 5-11 not 5-10 after Saterday nights loss. If NDSU beats them Thursday night, we are in.
                        According to Steve on the Radio we are already in by virtue of WIU losing because we hold the tie breaker with them.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          According to Steve on the Radio we are already in by virtue of WIU losing because we hold the tie breaker with them.
                          Yeh, both games went our way...now a few of the right wins would help our seeding in the tournament. We need to finish on a high note though by winning at least one of our remaining road games. C'mon Jacks, you can do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Yeh, both games went our way...now a few of the right wins would help our seeding in the tournament. We need to finish on a high note though by winning at least one of our remaining road games. C'mon Jacks, you can do it!!

Looks like a tied for fifth place finish and seventh seed is possible/plausible... UNLESS Jacks sweep this week and, with that, fourth is still possible because it appears jacks win head on head with IUPUI with a higher quality win. (oakland)

Predicted final standings
                            NDSU 15-3
                            ORU 15-3
                            Oakland 13-5
                            IUPUI 9-9
                            SUU 8-10
                            IPFW 8-10
                            Jacks 8-10
                            WIU 6-12
                            Centenary 5-13
                            UMKC 3-15

Jacks seeded behind SUU and IPFW on quality of wins measure.

Am I missing something?
                            Go Jacks!!!!!!!!!

Comment

current standings

NDSU 15-2
                              ORU 14-3
                              Oakland 12-5
                              SUU 8-9
                              IUPUI 8-9
                              SDSU 7-10
                              IPFW 7-10
                              WIU 6-11
                              Centenary 5-12
                              UMKC 3-14

Win Saturday would guarantee at least a seventh and maybe a sixth seed... does anyone know if Centenary would beat WIU in a tiebreaker? That might make a difference in their intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                current standings

NDSU 15-2
                                ORU 14-3
                                Oakland 12-5
                                SUU 8-9
                                IUPUI 8-9
                                SDSU 7-10
                                IPFW 7-10
                                WIU 6-11
                                Centenary 5-12
                                UMKC 3-14

Win Saturday would guarantee at least a seventh and maybe a sixth seed... does anyone know if Centenary would beat WIU in a tiebreaker? That might make a difference in their intensity.

Who owns the tie breaker between us and SUU/IUPUI?
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X