Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
    hope those 2011 recruits dont jump ship to NDSU after seeing how amazing WOODY was last night!!!

Mike Felt is destroying teams down in redwood valley, I only seen him once, anyone in bunnyland see his team play much this winter?
    I never seen the kid play but I talked some people who saw him this summer and they said at times he had problems creating his own shot, and was very streaky....

Comment

hope those 2011 recruits dont jump ship to NDSU after seeing how amazing WOODY was last night!!!

Mike Felt is destroying teams down in redwood valley, I only seen him once, anyone in bunnyland see his team play much this winter?
      Doubt that will happen because WOODY is gone after this year. The 2011 recruits wouldn't be playing with him.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I mean to see how much "PUB" he is getting ... and how he has elevated NDSU back to a power..

peace out... just wanted to hear about FELT since you all live near redwood. yes streaky like dropppin 38 and 43!

Comment

I mean to see how much "PUB" he is getting ... and how he has elevated NDSU back to a power..

peace out... just wanted to hear about FELT since you all live near redwood. yes streaky like dropppin 38 and 43!
          There are kids who drop those type of numbers in South Dakota and hardly any of them end up going D-I.... All what I am saying if you follow box scores you will never know how good a player is.... Joe K. never put up 40 points.... I saw Keith Cutler put up 38 as a sophomore, and nobody is saying he is going to go D-I....

Now I am not saying that Mike Felt isn't good or that SDSU doesn't wish that they had him... All what I am saying is that points don't make a D-I player....

Its still not like Woodside is a household name in South Dakota.... And when it comes to recruitment a lot of it is done by players on the team and players that are committed to SDSU and I think that Chad White, Tony Feigen and Zach Horstman will help a lot with instate recruitment.... If you look at those 3 plus AC... I think that instate recruitment should help.... hopefully we can get that Jacobson from Viborg...

Also keep an eye out for Ryan Yackley.... I believe he is first cousins with Louie Krogman... He put up 17 at the Hanson Classic and was a pretty good point guard as an 8th grader...

Comment

yea, you're probably right.. peace out

Comment

cory jacobsons dad played for sdsu, didnt he?

Comment

That is correct Mitchell. I would bet that if Nagy is still here Cory would play for him if he had an offer.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                  That is correct Mitchell. I would bet that if Nagy is still here Cory would play for him if he had an offer.
                  Now Tetzlaff's dad played here also and is the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in school history, that did not guarantee that Dustin would be offered a scholarship. I don't think you can just assume anyone will be playing here just because their family has connections here. It will all depend upon need.

Go State!!!
                  Go Jacks!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    Now Tetzlaff's dad played here also and is the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in school history, that did not guarantee that Dustin would be offered a scholarship. I don't think you can just assume anyone will be playing here just because their family has connections here. It will all depend upon need.

Go State!!!
                    Go Jacks!!!
                    I don't think you read EQ's post, he said IF HE HAD AN OFFER. These kids are all very good basketball players at the current level. That doesn't mean they will be the "elite" player needed to make a DI roster. SDSU employs coaches with a much greater knowledge of basketball than anyone here (even if some people can't accept that) and they will make a decision about who we offer and who we don't. I love talking about these kids and I'm guessing a couple will play DI ball but many of them will not.

I appreciate the info as I haven't been able to follow HS sports as closely as I would like.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I don't think you read EQ's post, he said IF HE HAD AN OFFER. These kids are all very good basketball players at the current level. That doesn't mean they will be the "elite" player needed to make a DI roster. SDSU employs coaches with a much greater knowledge of basketball than anyone here (even if some people can't accept that) and they will make a decision about who we offer and who we don't. I love talking about these kids and I'm guessing a couple will play DI ball but many of them will not.

I appreciate the info as I haven't been able to follow HS sports as closely as I would like.
                      Cory Jacobsen is the real thing. There are 2 DI players in SD in the class of 2011 - Zach Horstman and Cory Jacobsen. Viborg Vikings will play Hanson in the Schooler Classic on Feb.14 in SF at the Elmen Center. Hopefully, it will be a good game.

Comment

Sounds like Viborg is going to be real real good the next few years. That Kranning kid will probably end up around 7ft and he'll be a D1 player too.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                          Sounds like Viborg is going to be real real good the next few years. That Kranning kid will probably end up around 7ft and he'll be a D1 player too.
                          Yes Vibrog should be good for years to come.... Great kids and a great program down there also...

Anyway we can make this a sticky and remove the sticky off of last years recruits?

Comment

What do people close to Jacobson believe? If he had an offer from SDSU would he commit as fast as Zach Horstman did? or would he wait and see? I believe that there is a good chance that he will receive an offer from SDSU soon, and hope that we get the kid...

Comment

Nice article in the Argus about the Viborg team---mostly about Kraning and Jacobsen.

Comment

Made this thread sticky.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X