1,000 Pt Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,000 Pt Milestone

Currently Kai has 949 pts and is averaging 10.0/game. At that pace he should reach 1,000 on Jan 31 at home vs Oakland.

Callahan has 865 pts and is averaging 16.3/game. He should get 1,000 on Feb 14 at home vs UMKC.

Let the countdown begin.

Kai Williams 51 PTS AWAY

Garrett Callahan 135 PTS AWAY

Re: 1,000 Pt Milestone

Amazing to think both guys have a good chance at finishing in the top 5 on the all-time scoring list. Don Jacobson currently sits at #5 with 1488 pts and Steve Brown is #4 with 1534.

Comment

Thanks for the good information mitchell. We should heartily celebrate each of these milestones whenever they happen. The future is starting to look brighter for this program, and I believe that we will look back in future years and talk about Kai and Garrett as the players that marked the beginning of the resurgence. Thanks to both of them for sticking this process out and I hope the recent upward trend continues through to the end of their SDSU careers.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

That's all well and good but both Garrett and Kai are focusing on the W's as a team first.....

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
          That's all well and good but both Garrett and Kai are focusing on the W's as a team first.....
          Obviously (and no one said anything to the contrary), but it doesn't mean that no one can celebrate the accomplishment.

Congrats to both Kai and Garrett.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Definately. I wasn't trying to suggest that their goal was to collect stats. Actually I am impressed with the unselfish play that Garrett and even more so Kai have displayed. I think we're starting to see the benefits of that now as the team grows up around them.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
              Definately. I wasn't trying to suggest that their goal was to collect stats. Actually I am impressed with the unselfish play that Garrett and even more so Kai have displayed. I think we're starting to see the benefits of that now as the team grows up around them.
              The key to these two success is that they finally have a TEAM around them, that can do well without their contributions (rest time) and know that when these two are tracking, can provide the assists. They will probably start doing even better now, than they did last year, when they were trying to CARRY the team on their backs.

The stats will come when the TEAM plays well, and the WIU/IUPUI back to back wins show that they know how to succeed, now time to duplicate that success with road wins. That's what I like best about the IA St win, because that came on the road.

Comment

Tough loss last night, hopefully the team learned from last year's close losses at California and won't lose their fight.

Countdown Continues.

Kai Williams 51 - 2 = 49 PTS AWAY

Garrett Callahan 135 - 22 = 113 PTS AWAY

Comment

I am sure both are doing that in focusing on winning, but no matter where the teams stands in terms of wins or loses, for one individual to score a 1000 pts in their career, its an accompolisment and something that is not forgotten. The media guide has a good record and I hope we never get a SID who decides to eliminate those pages, as looking at it brings back a lot of memories, and there are some 1000 pt guys that I never got to see play, like Lee Colburn. I know this will get some commentary going. No we want the wins and so do the guys. As soon as we start to fix the defense riddle, the current team is going to be tough to beat.

Comment

Yes I do understand all that , do not want to get so focused on individual records , there will be opportunities for many records to get broken and set.

Comment

Yes I do understand all that , do not want to get so focused on individual records , there will be opportunities for many records to get broken and set.
                      One record I hope they break soon is the fact that we have yet to win a conference road game.

Comment

yeah you and many more,......

Comment

Yes, a road conference win and I am hoping for Saturday and that this will happen in Cedar City Utah. I had a tire go bad there a while back as I was passing through Cedar City and heading for Salt Lake City. I drove around after getting the tire fixed and I was impressed, with all its new construction. Its seems kind of isolated, but it seems to be growing like topsy. Cedar City might have a little nicer winters too, then what we got this year. No doubt about it, we need Dale but sounds like he is not going to be available. Lets hope he is.

Comment

I highly doubt what fans on a message board focus on effects (affects? I never know) how the team plays.

If those two guys were to be focusing on the milestone before the team (which is obvious they aren't, just from watching how they play) then you would have a problem.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                              I highly doubt what fans on a message board focus on effects (affects? I never know) how the team plays.

If those two guys were to be focusing on the milestone before the team (which is obvious they aren't, just from watching how they play) then you would have a problem.
                              We dont have a problem and I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not suggesting we do. In my prior post, I said reaching this milestone is an honor that stays in the records or it does as far as the layout of the SDSU media guides that have included all the 1000 point athletes from Day 1. Its an honor no matter what angle you look at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X