• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1,000 Pt Milestone

Garrett....... 36points-16 20 more to go

Comment

Well then he should easily get his 1000th point this weekend Karen..we will be there will you ??

Comment

Congrats Garrett on clearing the 1K mark. 24 pts tonite. Important points down the end. 12 of 12 on FT.

Comment

My congrads to both Kai and Garrett, and with one more season plus the rest of this Steve Emming and Tyler where commenting that they could move up quite a ways on the all time scorers. Just think both of these guys have made their 1000 against D1 competition. Its a big accompolishment in my opinion.

Comment

I totally agree. Great job Garrett on getting your 1000th point and getting the win. Kai and Garrett have done great their first 3 years and hopefully they can keep the winning going on Saturday. Great job again!!
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              My congrads to both Kai and Garrett, and with one more season plus the rest of this Steve Emming and Tyler where commenting that they could move up quite a ways on the all time scorers. Just think both of these guys have made their 1000 against D1 competition. Its a big accompolishment in my opinion.

Huge, and the best is yet to come.

Comment

go job Garrett....

Comment

Congratulations to Garrett...Great to break those milestones along with a win.

Comment

Congrats to Kai & Garrett, Next up: Sargent & Cordova

Comment

Garrett and Kai will be talked about for years to come as the players who helped bring the Jackrabbits program into Division I basketball. Congratulations to both and I'm excited to see what they can do in another year + of their careers.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        Congrats to Kai & Garrett, Next up: Sargent & Cordova
                        Does anyone know the most number of eventual 1000 point scorers that played on the same team?? It is almost certain barring injury that AC and Clint will reach it for sure. I also think that Griff has an opportunity as I think his scoring will increase greatly when Kai and Garrett graduate. And then you have to two Madison kids coming in has well. So potentially seven. I think Nagy has figured this whole recruiting thing out.

Comment

Originally posted by GBGBGJ View Post
                          Does anyone know the most number of eventual 1000 point scorers that played on the same team?? It is almost certain barring injury that AC and Clint will reach it for sure. I also think that Griff has an opportunity as I think his scoring will increase greatly when Kai and Garrett graduate. And then you have to two Madison kids coming in has well. So potentially seven. I think Nagy has figured this whole recruiting thing out.
                          I do think by the end of next year, there will be 4 1000 point scorers on the team. I looked at the list of 1000 point scorers and it looked to me like 1969 was the only time more than 2 players with 1000 points were playing at the same time (that year it was 3---John Thomas, Guy Mackner, and Gene Zulk). Plenty of 2 1000 points scorers playing together at one time.

Looks like Austin Hansen, Chris Stoebner, Ben Beran, Derek Schantz and Andy Moeller were all on the 2003 team and ended up scoring 1000 points in their careers but they didn't all have 1000 points at the same time. Jermaine Showers, Jason Sempsrott, Tom Rops, Ryan Naatjes, Pete Leiferman, and Cory VandeWettering all played together in 1993.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

As it stands today:

A.C.- 430 points

Clint- 612 points

Comment

The climb up the charts has begun.

Currently Kai is in 31st with 1,040 pts and Garrett is tied for 34th with 1,018 pts.

30. Pete Leiferman 1990-93 1,043
                              31. Kai Williams 2006-08 1,040
                              32. Jim Sutton 1955-57 1,035
                              33. Merlyn Smith 1957-59 1,028
                              34. Garrett Callahan 2006-08 1,018
                              34. Jeff Booher 1989-92 1,018

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                The climb up the charts has begun.

Currently Kai is in 31st with 1,040 pts and Garrett is tied for 34th with 1,018 pts.

30. Pete Leiferman 1990-93 1,043
                                31. Kai Williams 2006-08 1,040
                                32. Jim Sutton 1955-57 1,035
                                33. Merlyn Smith 1957-59 1,028
                                34. Garrett Callahan 2006-08 1,018
                                34. Jeff Booher 1989-92 1,018

Not that it is a big deal but Jim Sutton and Merlyn Smith had only 3 years of eligibilty and would have been higher had they been eligble to compete as a true freshman. The rules were different in their days, as there was no women's sports period and true freshman had to sit the entire season, and played as a freshman team. Both Smith and Sutton had the skills to play as true freshman, but the rules were different.

If Sargent can get healthy and finish the rest of the season, I can see where he might have close to 800 pts by the end of the season, so there would be three 1000 guys on the floor by the end of next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X