IPFW Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW Game 2

Women's lead trimmed to 6 for a bit, Bean for 3 to put us up by 9 with about 1 minute to play.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Kai's Mom: Are you picking up the game on the internet in Rugby or on the radio, WNAX?

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
        [quote author=jackmd link=1172608568/60#69 date=1172799522]I think they have 10 3's, Nagy doesn't like to extend the defense, I think it has and will continue to cost us a lot of games.

Well Defense wins championships isn't that what they say ????
        well they do in Canada LOL [/quote]

giving up 43 points in a half is pretty poor defense, any way you look at it. >
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Women up by 7 with 20 seconds to play. Vogel really struggled tonight. Jacks 18-31 from the line. Not a good night from the field either. Jen W. really stepped up big. Jacks win by 12, now 22-5. Now, the men need to play some defense.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

This weather reminds me of traveling to the NCC Conference Indoor Track meet at U of Northern Iowa...very similar weather but back then, they didn't close the interstates.  We had a car accident on the way to Cedar Falls...two guys banged up enough that they couldn't compete.  The other coaches voted and agreed, with one dissent, to delay the meet to give us a chance to get there.  

We eventually made it to Cedar Falls and won the meet.

The dissenting vote?  USD's Dan Lennon.

Comment

We are killing them on the boards, 23-11.

Comment

Boo USD!! Dislike them almost as much as NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                  Kai's Mom:  Are you picking up the game on the internet in Rugby or on the radio, WNAX?
                  I am on the radio WNAX internet feed. getting very technical in my old age

Comment

Kai Williams being investigated for grand larceny: two steals in the early minutes of the second half. He has 10 points
                    43-38 IPFW

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                      This weather reminds me of traveling to the NCC Conference Indoor Track meet at U of Northern Iowa...very similar weather but back then, they didn't close the interstates.  We had a car accident on the way to Cedar Falls...two guys banged up enough that they couldn't compete.  The other coaches voted and agreed, with one dissent, to delay the meet to give us a chance to get there.  

We eventually made it ot Cedar Falls and won the meet.

The dissenting vote?  USD's Dan Lennon.
                      Fred was suppose to be at the QB club meeting in Yankton Wednesday, weather prevented him from making it. Instead they MC talked about being at the 1985 Hobo day game where his future son in law was a DB for SDSU. Great memories for all the SDSU supporters in the crowd.

Near the end of the meeting one of the USD supporters mentioned in jest (I assume) that had it been a USD speaker scheduled for the day they would have "braved" the weather. I wanted to use the opportunity for a metaphor applied to the move to DI but decided to hold my tongue. Its a never ending battle of the naive around SE South Dakota.

Comment

We've come out in the second half playing more aggressively. Consequently, getting a few more fouls and IPFW shooting free throws.

Comment

I am really beginning to dislike that DeWitt Scott guy.

Comment

Nice run to start the second half, need to sustain things now. 47-41 we have the ball. Can't make a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              [quote author=JackJD link=1172608568/75#79 date=1172800209]This weather reminds me of traveling to the NCC Conference Indoor Track meet at U of Northern Iowa...very similar weather but back then, they didn't close the interstates. We had a car accident on the way to Cedar Falls...two guys banged up enough that they couldn't compete. The other coaches voted and agreed, with one dissent, to delay the meet to give us a chance to get there.

We eventually made it ot Cedar Falls and won the meet.

The dissenting vote? USD's Dan Lennon.
                              Fred was suppose to be at the QB club meeting in Yankton Wednesday, weather prevented him from making it. Instead they MC talked about being at the 1985 Hobo day game where his future son in law was a DB for SDSU. Great memories for all the SDSU supporters in the crowd.

Near the end of the meeting one of the USD supporters mentioned in jest (I assume) that had it been a USD speaker scheduled for the day they would have "braved" the weather. I wanted to use the opportunity for a metaphor applied to the move to DI but decided to hold my tongue. Its a never ending battle of the naive around SE South Dakota.
                              [/quote]

These are, incredibly, the same people who assume that SDSU is an automatic YES vote to get them into the Mid-Con.

Back to the task at hand . . . Callahan heats up with a couple of 3-pointers, 47-44 Dead Elephants now.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy
                                I am really beginning to dislike that DeWitt Scott guy.
                                There have been a lot of games in the Nagy era where you can insert may names into the end of that statement. I won't say anymore than that.

3 for Callahan, 3 point lead for IPFW.

Comment

Working...
                                X