• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IPFW Game 2

EDIT:  IPFW  81, SDSU  69
    Calahan hits his fifth three of the second half

Comment

Dang. Encouraging signs but the slow start doomed us. The Jacks seem to be playing well enough to win on Saturday against New Jersey Tech and close this long season on an up note.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Did I hear right that Cadwell didn't score all night?

Comment

here's the final: IPFW 83, SDSU 72

Comment

Field goals IPFW 28-52, 53.8%, SDSU 25-63,39.7%
            3-point FGs IPFW 13-23, 56.5%, SDSU 8-24, 33.3%
            Free throws IPFW 14-18, 77.8%, SDSU 14-21, 66.7%
            Reb (O-D) IPFW 27 (6-21), SDSU 42 (20-22)
            Turnovers IPFW 11, SDSU 13

Callahan 17, Williams and Basset 14 each, Frias 10, Engen 7, Casey and Kleinjan 4 each, Loney 2.

IPFW averages 68 points a game, they got 83 tonight.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SD_Theta
              Did I hear right that Cadwell didn't score all night?
              You have heard right. If he is hurting should he be on the floor? If not he is in a deep slump and seems to have lost total confidence.

Comment

NDSU doubled up NJIT tonight 104-52.

We shouldn't have lost the game in Newark, I don't think we'll lose it in Frost.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                  Looking ahead, NDSU 97, NJIT 48 with 4:21 to go.
                  There it is. Gotta find something to build on. I think our goal ought to be something like what NDSU has now. Nothing wrong with that expectation. Decent first half for Bassett and Engen. Our current team can't compete for 40 minutes against anyone on our schedule right now. I don't know if it matters what level. We can only improve.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I thought Tyler did a great job! Its nice to see him get a chance at something he has worked for his whole life.

Comment

Nagy:
                      IPFW shooting: some of it is to their credit, some of it is bad defense on our part. When some of them get going they all think they can make it. We were very flat defensively tonight. This was probably our worst effort in 29 games this year. We just didn't have the fight tonight. That's my job, to get them ready. I was hoping we'd play better on a night we celebrate Andy and Jose.

Rebounding: I like we rebounded. Defensively we were just so bad, give up almost 54%. Offensively we played enough to win the game but we didn't play well offensively. We didn't foul, that's an indication we didn't have a lot of energy.

Mark Engen and Thomas Bassett - Thomas was very active, both did a great job for us.

Callahan - He tried, he played hard, he was more aggressive offensively.

In the first half, I saw some good driving, we shot the ball better than we've shot lately. It all goes back to defense, every time we tried to make a run offensively we couldn't make a stop.

I don't know what we expect out of NJIT. You look at the situation we're in and the situation they're in, our kids will already be on spring break. We'll see what kind of character our guys will show in that game. I hope they come out and play well for Andy and Jose.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Worst effort of the year? That's what Nagy said. Yikes. ... I sure hope the Jacks can put up their best effort of the year on Saturday night.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
                          Worst effort of the year? That's what Nagy said. Yikes. ...  I sure hope the Jacks can put up their best effort of the year on Saturday night.
                          I havn't seen the team play every game this year, but I noticed that the overall effort was not that outstanding. We had plenty of chances to take control of the game, but we just didn't execute very well.

Comment

Just got back from the game. First off, I'd like to thank the four gents who were walking around a pushing out the people who got stuck. One of those people was me, thanks to whomever you are.

Callahan, Bassett, and Engen played well offensively it was nice to see that. Engen got dominated on the defensive end a few times. Cadwell was just no there tonight (no suprise). Kai played an average game at best. Frias was nothing special.

Hopefully we can regroup and win a game against an equal (NJIT) on our home court.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Back home after the game. I felt our effort was there, they were just plain and simple a good shooting team. Bassett and Engen both stood out and played well. I believe Matt's hip is still bothering quite a bit. You can see it in his face. He has lost confidence in his shot. As a matter of fact, he quit looking for shots. When your in a "funk", that is probably the smart thing to do. As for the officiating,this was a crew out of Sioux Falls and I thought they did much better than most of the ones that have been assigned by the Mid-Con. JackMD, you probably know Justin Ingals, he was 1 of the three. The last 3 pointer by Callahan was of the NBA variety. I think we will win on Saturday and put this season the rest. I still think the future looks bright.

Comment

The future better look bright, because I dont want to know what could happen if it gets worse. Next year I do feel though will be the best year we have as a D-1 team.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X