Arkansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arkansas State

nice to see the team get off the schnide.

Thanks for posting all the information guys.

If what you say about how Nagy sounds is true...that could be really good news.

Comment

After going to every game of my son's for the last 11 years of him playing I am so thankful to the radio broadcasts, it is very difficult , :'( sitting infront of the comuter, and jumping up and down when I hear he has scored, blocked a shot, or rebounded the ball.

What I would like to ask is do the games ever get televised on the local TV Station in Brookings or Soux Falls.?? and if they do would it be difficult to get them on a dish of some kind in Canada I wonder??

Comment

Originally posted by da coach
        nice to see the team get off the schnide.

I was wondering how to spell schnide. I think thats exactly what has happened. Now, lets carry some momentum into tomorrow nights I game. I will be there with my middle child.

I have always felt and still feel that Loney will be the key to the frontcourt. If he can stay out of foul trouble he is the guy Cadwell, Callahan, Williams, or whoever can look to when we need to get a good shot or draw a foul. If they double down on him he is a great passer and will find the open 3 or the right cutter for a chance at an easy bucket. If he can shoot FT's at 70% or better he really has the complete game. This takes pressure of Bassett, Engen, Yackley and lets them hit the boards.

Tomorrow night is a huge test of this teams progress. Was last night just a fluke? Are they maturing? Who will step up tomorrow night? I'll be there to see.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Being the Indians, does that mean that they need to get the approval of every tribe in the nation or else the NCAA will hound them for years to come as well?

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
            After going to every game of my son's for the last 11 years of him playing I am so thankful to the radio broadcasts, it is very difficult , :'( sitting infront of the comuter, and jumping up and down when I hear he has scored, blocked a shot, or rebounded the ball.

What I would like to ask is do the games ever get televised on the local TV Station in Brookings or Soux Falls.?? and if they do would it be difficult to get them on a dish of some kind in Canada I wonder??
            Presently, the games are not televised. There may be a particular game that is televised but I'm not aware of any in the near future. I think that there will be an effort to have the games on the web sometime in the future (which I hope is soon).

I assume there'll be announcements on the SDSU athletic website (and this message board) if and when a game is going to be televised.

Your son is a great addition to the team! Just don't jump on your computer when listening to the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              [quote author=da coach link=1164637504/60#60 date=1164734999]nice to see the team get off the schnide.

I have always felt and still feel that Loney will be the key to the frontcourt. If he can stay out of foul trouble he is the guy Cadwell, Callahan, Williams, or whoever can look to when we need to get a good shot or draw a foul. If they double down on him he is a great passer and will find the open 3 or the right cutter for a chance at an easy bucket. If he can shoot FT's at 70% or better he really has the complete game. This takes pressure of Bassett, Engen, Yackley and lets them hit the boards.

[/quote]

Not too bad for a kid who was our 4th best recruit a couple seasons ago.

Comment

Loney works as hard as any player I've seen put on the Jacks uniform and that covers football and basketball. When you talk about athletes maxing out their abilities, Loney is the perfect example. He is usually guarding players much taller and/or bigger and generally as quick or quicker. Yet, he is never outworked. I only know him from watching him play and a couple 2 minute conversations after various games, but am very impressed with him as an individual and a player.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                  Loney works as hard as any player I've seen put on the Jacks uniform and that covers football and basketball.  When you talk about athletes maxing out their abilities, Loney is the perfect example.  He is usually guarding players much taller and/or bigger and generally as quick or quicker.  Yet, he is never outworked.  I only know him from watching him play and a couple 2 minute conversations after various games, but am very impressed with him as an individual and a player.
                  Listening to the WNAX broadcast at Northern Iowa Emming mentioned that Casey Estling was at the game. I see alot of similarities between he and Loney. Neither one of them were the most fluid or athletic guys, but they just work their butts off and get things done. Have enjoyed watching both of them play, shows what hard work can do for a player.

Comment

Great game, was impressed with the team I saw, only being able to compare to a few games from last year. Totally different attitude and great teamwork.

I liked to see the wide use of 3 pointers. If they are shooting 40%+ let them rain. Was very impressed with Casey's play, he seems to have a good presence out there.

The team was happy with the win but not overly exited as they expect to do better.

Decent student crowd, not much to get too exited for though last night. Rest of the crowd so/so. Monday night, crappy weather, 0-6 enough said.

Looking forward to another good game on Wed. Wins at home will bring the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
                      [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1164637504/60#66 date=1164741875]Loney works as hard as any player I've seen put on the Jacks uniform and that covers football and basketball.  When you talk about athletes maxing out their abilities, Loney is the perfect example.  He is usually guarding players much taller and/or bigger and generally as quick or quicker.  Yet, he is never outworked.  I only know him from watching him play and a couple 2 minute conversations after various games, but am very impressed with him as an individual and a player.
                      Listening to the WNAX broadcast at Northern Iowa Emming mentioned that Casey Estling was at the game.  I see alot of similarities between he and Loney.  Neither one of them were the most fluid or athletic guys, but they just work their butts off and get things done.  Have enjoyed watching both of them play, shows what hard work can do for a player.[/quote]

The other thing that Estling and Loney have in common is that they are outstanding young men.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54

Looks like there's potential for great news about SDSU on KELO TV next season. Check out this thread on the OTHER SDSU ACTIVITIES forum of this message board:
                        http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1164774125

Comment

In this picture from the Argus are 89rabbit, Nighthawk78, and me right in the center.  3 of this board's finest.  You guys are welcome to sneak into the student section to cheer with us if you come alone.  We'll even entice you with some good conversation, news, rumors, and notes.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman

In this picture from the Argus are 89rabbit, Nighthawk78, and me right in the center.  3 of this board's finest.  You guys are welcome to sneak into the student section to cheer with us if you come alone.  We'll even entice you with some good conversation, news, rumors, and notes.
                            sweet! i'm in that pic too, to bad our heads are cut off though.

Comment

I might take you up on that offer.  I'm still kicking myself for skipping Monday nights game because of the weather.  I won't let it happen this time.  I was in the process of growing a beard, but Ill gladly shave it off for a more youthful appearance.  ;D

Comment

I've been told I'm starting to look a little Amish or Hutteriteish with the deal I am growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X