Arkansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas State

The Arkansas State Indians come to town to night to play a Monday night game at 7:00 in frost. Looks like Terry is gonna do blogging. If you can show up and watch some basketball.

Re: Arkansas State

Looking forward to my first game at Frost this year. What's the scoop on ASU?

Comment

They are 4-3, winning their last 4 and are 174 in the Sagarin ratings, 3 above NDSU.

Comment

Here is a link to their basketball page:

http://www.asuindians.com/SportSelec...mp;SPSID=35066

Go State!

Comment

Arkansas State Indians
          Head Coach: Dickey Nutt
          Ass. Coaches: Jay Cook
          Shawn Forrest
          Tony Madlock

# NAME POS Hometown (High School)
          1 Chris Brown G Oklahoma City, OK (Redlands CC)
          2 Adrian Banks G Memphis, TN (NW Mississippi CC)
          3 Jim Jones G Beaufort, N.C. (East Carteret)
          10 Ryan Wedel G Minneapolis, KS (Minneapolis)
          11 Shawn Morgan F Memphis, TN (NW Mississippi CC)
          14 Yual Banks G Memphis, TN (Ridgeway)
          21 Tyler King G Clinton, AR (Clinton)
          31 Korrell Henderson G Hampstead, N.C. (Topsail)
          32 Ashton Farmer F Charleston, MO (Charleston)
          40 Abayomi Ajasin F Lagos, Nigeria (Three Rivers CC]
          45 Isaac Wells F Jackson, MS (Lanier)
          50 Theo Little C Little Rock, AR (Pulaski-Robinson)
          52 Kewain Gant F Charleston, MO (Moberly Area JC)
          54 Nick Arnold F Corning, AR (Corning)
          This is their roster. A few hard to pronounce names. And the name of a coach to remember Dickey Nutt.

Comment

We are looking forward to listening to the game from Canada too

Comment

heights and weights?
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I dont have them. That was what I had from the copy of Blue's News the unofficial info for the students at frost. I do have their favorite things to do though. And welcome aboard Miss Williams. I sure hope Kai has a break out game tonight.

Comment

ASU is an athletic team with a couple of big bodies. If you are at the game, watch for #45 (Wells) and #50 (Little) as they could pose some match-up problems inside.

Comment

http://www.midmajority.com/school.php?s=ARKST

Looks like they have some quality players in Wells and A. Banks

Their 4 wins aren't against quality teams, I expect the game to be competitive.....hopefully with the home court advantage we can get a win.

Comment

5 jucos on the roster out of 14 total players.  

Not really sure if that's good or bad?

And welcome aboard Miss Williams. I sure hope Kai has a break out game tonight.
                      And also, Welcome to Kai's family!  We are so glad to have you as members of Jackrabbit Nation!
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Indians... remembered that nickname for ASU from my first Jacks football game in 1962, but thought they had gotten more politically correct. Near Southeast Missouri State geographically and shared the same nickname until SEMO made the change.

Question: Why is there so much NCAA hostility over the "Fighting Sioux" while ASU gets away with it?

Comment

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME

Kai's brother registered with his hotmail address too so can you maybe look into alowing him to post on your forum, Jamal plays for the Regina University Team"The Cougars"

The Jackrabbit's have not been without their challenges have they in the last couple of years, both on and off the court ? I am hoping this can be a turnaround year for them all.

Kai's position is actually the 3 spot so he is really playing out of position but I think he is going to have to adjust to the challenge Coach Nagy has given him for the time being.

Being a one dimentional player is not always a good thing.

Kai has to get a little more aggressive on the floor.

Comment

Isn't this the school where the kid from the documentary "Hoop Dreams" went? I believe his name was Arthur Agee. He would have graduated by now, the documentary was made in like 1993. I think he went to play at Arkansas State, not that it matters to this game.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
                              THANKS FOR THE WELCOME

Kai's brother registered with his hotmail address too so can you maybe look into alowing him to post on your  forum, Jamal plays for the Regina University Team"The Cougars"

The Jackrabbit's have not been without their challenges have they in the last couple of years, both on and off the court ? I am hoping this can be a turnaround year for them all.

Kai's position is actually the 3 spot so he is really playing out of position but I think he is going to have to adjust to the challenge Coach Nagy has given him for the time being.

Being a one dimentional player is not always a good thing.

Kai has to get a little more aggressive on the floor.

I, for one, think Kai is going to be a great ball player. He is fun to watch and very smooth when he's playing well. He'll find that killer instinct when the game starts slowing down for him (same can be said for all of our young players). He's also one of our best "off the bus" players as he just looks like a basketball player. I truly believe we have a great nucleus right now. With some maturity and added understanding of the game, Kai and his teamates will start to let their natural talents start to shine through. When that happens, lookout everyone who has written the men's basketball program off for dead. I agree with most, that during the second half of the season we'll be an entirely different team than what we saw these first couple of games.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X