Arkansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arkansas State

Wish I had been there. I'm thankful I can get WNAX easily.

Post game interview of Michael Loney: Not the greatest win but its a win and we'll take it.

Loney had 16 pts and 18 boards (? not sure on the rebounds)...great game. I think all his points came in the 2nd half.

Coach Nagy:
    About Loney: He did tonight what we've been asking of him...be a bulldog..he's physical. Refs allowed him to play...hasn't been able to do that on the road.
    ....We did a good job running the offense tonight.
    ....Free throws, 17 of 21 tonight: The guys went to the line a lot and developed some rythym. I came here at 2:00 and all the guys were here shooting free throws. The guys felt good after the UNI game and they want to win.
    Cadwell: We use him as a decoy, other teams start shutting him down then he sets a screen and gets people open.
    We 50 seconds left, we were going to make sure we were going to get two shots for their one. Lot of pressure on him (Cadwell)
    When up by three at the half, don't want to feel good about that because could have been up by 10. We knew they'd come out and play with a lot of energy. We only had two turnovers in the second half (10 in the first half).
    On the two turnovers: They pressured us more (in 2nd half) but our kids took care of the ball. We're a much better offensive team than last year. 18 assists this game.
    This team is good enough to finish over .500. Coach Stigelmeier talked to our team about how his team responded after losing first 3. Our kids listened.

Editorial comment: Nagy sounded good...he's starting to see something --and we know what that means! Here come the Jackrabbits! Can't wait to be in a full Frost Arena again. This year will be a good year to watch as a young team is molded into a real force. Great timing for a Mid-Con entrance next season.

Comment

I agree with JackJD--there was a sighting of the Nagy Of Old tonight--happy with his team but still not quite satisfied even with a win.

If we all (including the fans) keep our nose to the grindstone this year, good things will happen. It's still a long season ahead but if this team continues to come together and stay together, they will be plenty of happy nights ahead this year and for a long time to come.

Go Rabbits!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

you should read some of the funny stuf on there message board

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=27850.30

one of the post states the teams we lost to:

According to their website, SDSU's record prior to this game is as follows:

Lost to Northwestern 116-68

Lost to Augustana 70-50

Lost to Bethel College 113-83

Lost to William Penn 93-78

Lost to Southwest Minn 75-61

Lost to Wayne State 74-71

:-? :-? :-?

not sure where there getting the info

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks_NL
          you should read some of the funny stuf on there message board

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=27850.30

one of the post states the teams we lost to:

According to their website, SDSU's record prior to this game is as follows:

Lost to Northwestern  116-68

Lost to Augustana 70-50

Lost to Bethel College  113-83

Lost to William Penn     93-78

Lost to Southwest Minn  75-61

Lost to Wayne State 74-71

:-? :-? :-?

not sure where there getting the info
          found out they think we are dakota state

http://www.departments.dsu.edu/athle...le_results.htm

Comment

that is Dakota State - not SDSU

just FYI.  I would let them know, but I don't feel like registering.  

Edit - Oops, beat me to it.

Edit 2 - DSU Rant

You have to give DSU credit for their schedule

4 D2 teams, a top NAIA team, and a d1-aa exhibition.

They actually held tight with Wayne State, who beat USD.(Please no one say that DSU can beat USD)

Now they need talent

End DSU Rant

Comment

Nice scouting job by the Indians, there.

That sentence is funny on so very, very many levels, if I do say so myself . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Very pleased with the way the Jacks played tonight. You just get a sense that they are playing with more confidence all the time.

Comment

The student's turned out in good size tonight. The atmosphere was fun. We had 89 sit down with us in the student section and he was having fun. It was nice being able to talk to coach Larson before the game in depth about Arkansas State. They thought they could pull this off. The most complete game this team has played all year. Cadwell, Kleinjan and Loney played awesome. Our team wanted to win more. We shot awesome as a team and if this game is really what it looked like in person, it could be start of a special season. Kai had a solid game and so did Mac. Rebounding is what completed this week. I look forward to Wednesday night.

Comment

89 sitting with the students? After the game: 89 bumming beer from the students downtown.

Comment

The under-sized Jacks might have played their best game of the year against a team with a couple of big, physical guys. Loney was great. Cadwell was great. Eight other guys contributed. Congratulations to them all. The only disappointment was the low attendance. Fear of icy roads no doubt contributed.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

From KELOLAND TV Web Site
                        http://www.keloland.com/sports/newsd...cfm?Id=0,52755

11/27/2006
                        Jacks Jump Arkansas State 84-78; Get Elusive First 'W'

South Dakota State beat Arkansas State 84-to-78 to pick up its first men's basketball win of the season.

Michael Loney scored 16 points and grabbed 11 rebounds tonight and S-D-S-U broke a six-game losing streak. Loney scored all of his points in the second half for the Jackrabbits.

Matt Cadwell scored 23 points, five of those in the last minute. Cadwell's basket with 50 seconds left gave SDSU an 81-78 lead over the Indians.

With 28 seconds to play, A-S-U's Ryan Wedel made a three-pointer that would have tied it. But the shot was disallowed as it came moments after A-S-U coach Brian Boyer called a timeout. The Indians missed a three-pointer after the timeout.

Cadwell made two free throws with 10 seconds to play -- and Andy Kleinjan closed out the scoring with a free throw with two seconds left. Kleinjan finished with 12 points.

The Jackrabbits were 14-for-18 from the free throw line in the second half and made 17 of 21 attempts for the game.

They shot 46 percent from the field and outrebounded the Indians 39-to-28.

A-S-U shot 63 percent in the second half and 53 percent overall.

Isaac Wells scored 18 points for A-S-U. Yual Banks added 16 points and Chris Brown 12.

Jay Elsen
                        © 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...611280307/1002
                          The full smiles at half-court that followed South Dakota State University's 84-78 victory against Arkansas State on Monday night at Frost Arena were fairly predictable.

But the almost mischievous grin worn by point guard Mackenzie Casey, standing on the sideline with eight minutes remaining in Monday night's dogfight, told the story even better.

The Jackrabbits had a different look - a different attitude in the clutch - and sported a surprising amount of confidence for a team on the verge of the worst start to a season in program history.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                            http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...611280307/1002
                            The full smiles at half-court that followed South Dakota State University's 84-78 victory against Arkansas State on Monday night at Frost Arena were fairly predictable.

But the almost mischievous grin worn by point guard Mackenzie Casey, standing on the sideline with eight minutes remaining in Monday night's dogfight, told the story even better.

The Jackrabbits had a different look - a different attitude in the clutch - and sported a surprising amount of confidence for a team on the verge of the worst start to a season in program history.

The Bunnies a buzz saw? That remains to be seen. But after win No. 1, Nagy said the he believes the club is good for at least 14 more.
                            I must say, I have never liked our jackrabbits being referred to as "the bunnies".
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The Jacks have been in almost every game they have played but tonight they finished the game strong which is a great sign!

Loney played a great game and Caddy was his usual stud self!

Great win and it felt like it was something they will build on!

Congrats Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Good to get a "W"

I'm one of those fans who couldn't make it to the game because of weather concerns/conditions.

At this point I'm cautiously optimistic. I know this team has huge potential. 14 more wins by the end of the season seems a bit steep, but we'll wait to see how things go. I'm not sure one win is anything to do cartwheels over, but it is good to get a win.

It also sounds like the team is improving each game. One thing I noticed on the radio is that 3-5 players names were being announced on the offensive end, meaning we showed good ball movement, which leads to better shot selection and higher shooting percentage. This is a good thing.

Lower turnovers is also huge. The more possessions we can have, the better we will do.

Good job team, weather permitting I will be there Wednesday.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X