Arkansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arkansas State

Yackley misses a free throw (he's now 0-6 on the season...sure can hit three's!).

74-71 with 4:24 to go, JACKS

Comment

3:25 SDSU 76-ASU 73

Comment

Under 3:00 in the game. Jacks up by three

ASU TRAVELS...turnover.

Timeout! 2:43 to go. Jacks up by three and they have the ball.

Weather probably is a factor. I'm up in Watertown and its slippery outside and I think its a bit worse south of here to Brookings.

Our shooting percentages are the highest this season, I believe. Hitting over 50% from the field.

Comment

ASU now full-court pressure...
          Scramble for the rebound...Loney gets and is fouled shooting. He's on the line for 2. He's 6 of 7 from the charity stripe...now, 7 of 8. Shooting the second one: perfect.
          SDSU 78 ASU 73

Comment

78-78 with less than a minute left time out Jacks

Comment

CAdwell hits a three
              81-78

Comment

26.9 seconds on the game clock.
                16 seconds on the shot clock.
                ASU has the ball.
                Their coach was screaming for a time out and when the refs heard him, an ASU guy shot and made it but the refs waived it off. That would have tied the game.

SDSU by three 81-78

Comment

Hit the free throws now...

got one - 82-78

2nd one - good - 83-78.

Finish this one.

Comment

ASU had a chance...threw up a three but it was an air ball.
                    Jacks have the ball with 10 seconds left...Williams to Cadwell, he's fouled...makes them.

2 seconds, Kleinjan goes to the line.

Jacks up by 5

Kleinjan misses his first. Second shot: good. 84-78.

THAT'S THE FINAL.

A NICE VICTORY.

Comment

The biggest win of the season is the first one.

Congratulations, Rabbits!

84-78 is your final!!!
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

way to go Jacks

Comment

Nice win against a decent team - they had a four game win streak and a similar RPI to NDSU.

The Jacks seem to be improving with each game.

Stat of the game - only 12 turnovers.

Comment

Wow, Cadwell is clutch again. Loney with a great 2nd half. Nice to get a win, lets make it 2 in a row. I should be there Wednesday night (if the weather cooperates).
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

i plan on being there as well. Hope the jacks can get another.

Comment

Nagy:
                                Mike Loney--I'm not sure if he can jump up and touch the rim--he just needs to be a bulldog for us, the referees allowed him to play, we just got the ball inside for us.

We'd only shot 3 free throws at the half and that means you're not getting the ball inside. We talked about that at the half--they had to go zone because they couldn't stop our man-to-man. We couldn't get them shut down--I probably should have gone to zone in the second half.

When you get to the line a bunch of time, you've got a better chance (to shoot well)--Mike got to the line tonight--all of our players have worked on their free throws, with out me telling them, they were all in early working on their free throws.

We use Cadwell as a decoy--we use him to set screens. We ran a play late for him that they weren't ready for. With 50 seconds left, we were going to get two shots to their one. It puts a lot of pressure on Matt, and they didn't get a good look at their basket.

When I walked in at half, we weren't overly happy about it (being up by 3) when we could have been up by 10. We talked about showing energy because we knew they would. The nice thing is that we gave up the lead and we didn't quit. We only had two turnovers in the second half.

They pressured us more, our kids are working harder at taking care of the ball--we're better than we were last year, we pass it better.

I hope this win is the start of something new. I think our team's good enough to finish over .500 for the year. I had coach Stigelmeyer talk to our team last week before we left. I think our players listened to what he had to say and understand it's a long season.

Garrett's cast has been off a week. With him down, it's given Mackenzie Casey a chance to develop. We've really got a good set of guards.

Utah State is good, they're tremendously coached, very disciplined defensively, they're big inside and they're strong.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X