2007 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 Roster

Aaron looks like another good signing. He's got valuable experience, and the coach praises his athletic ability. Finally, the team will be practicing and playing with a full roster. The Jacks are back.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      [quote author=vantage link=1180365001/45#57 date=1182891829]I heard a JUCO player has played with the team the last couple of nights. 6'1 or 6'2 guard. Anybody know anything ... if he was offered, signed, etc....
      I heard 6'4" JUCO from Maryland was offered, not sure if he signed.  I am waiting for an official announcement.[/quote]

Well, there you go. I don't see assists listed in his stat line.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sounds like another good signing!  8-)

http://www.cecil.edu/athletics/sport....asp?sportid=1

Go State!  

Comment

It sure is fun to follow and chat about positive, off-season developments like this latest signing. The roster looks good. Of course, there would still be room for an Iverson, Schilling or Krogman. Let's not give up on any of them.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
            It sure is fun to follow and chat about positive, off-season developments like this latest signing. The roster looks good. Of course, there would still be room for an Iverson, Schilling or Krogman. Let's not give up on any of them.
            With 6'7" James Radar from Colorado already committed that leaves only one spot available for the class of 2008.  From what Cadsev and others are saying

Originally posted by Cadsev
             .  .  .  2008 Class -- One remaining scholarship.  Staff is looking for a big man to fill the post position.  Obviously Colton Iverson fills a need here.  .  .  .  
            I'm not sure if there will be any room on our team for Schilling or Krogman, but hey you never know. I personally hope we land a big, if not Iverson then some other big.

Go State!  

Comment

A big man has got to be the choice for that scholarship because we lose Ben and Mo after next year and get much smaller. I would have to think that they will be looking for size with those scholarships.

Going to be fun this year!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Getting excited now, cannot wait for my trip down there at the end of August

Comment

I am just excited because he chose us over other DI schools. Not big ones, but at least he had other full ride options.

Pure specualtion, but this has to point towards Dale Moss redshirting, doesn't it? They sound like similar players, and it would give Dale even more time to improve and adjust.

Comment

So Mrs. W, are you going to make a football game on your trip?
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

We would love to see a football game too, I also think we would like to experience a Hobo Day

Comment

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/

Cecil Swingman makes late Decision

by Bret Swanson

Aaron Wyatt had a very solid career at Cecil College in Maryland for head coach Bill Lewit. Wyatt will take his game to South Dakota State next season. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

from what i've heard dale moss has been playing point this summer and the coaches are thinking about trying to have him play there for a bigger guard because he's shown promise. not only that but he has the potential to be one of the best defenders this year.

Comment

This Just In
                            http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/70821047

The South Dakota State men’s basketball team has cut ties with junior college transfer Aaron Wyatt due to academic issues.

A 6-foot-4 guard, Wyatt spent three seasons at Cecil (Md.) Community College and continued taking classes there this summer upon signing a national letter of intent, but was ultimately unable to fulfill all the necessary requirements.

“I can’t afford to have an APR nightname,” Jackrabbits coach Scott Nagy said, referring to the NCAA’s academic performance rating.

Comment

If the recruit isn't going to cut it in the classroom he shouldn't be on the court. Too bad we couldn't have recognized the problem sooner. I hope someone is looking at this and figuring out what we can do differently to make sure things like this don't keep happening.

Frustrating to say the least.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                If the recruit isn't going to cut it in the classroom he shouldn't be on the court. Too bad we couldn't have recognized the problem sooner. I hope someone is looking at this and figuring out what we can do differently to make sure things like this don't keep happening.

Frustrating to say the least.
                                To me it looks like we took a chance on him in hopes he would hold up his end of the bargain during classwork this summer. Obviously that didn't happen, but to no fault of our coaching staff. I think this is the position we are in as a fairly unsuccessful mid-major, we are going to take chances on kids that others wouldn't have to. Sometimes we will succeed, othertimes we won't. Hopefully as we build the program from this year foward these at-risk kids will become more of a thing of the past.

Maybe the scholarship can be salvaged and we can have one of our coaches plant themselves in Cody Schilling's hometown for the next few months.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X