This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Tomorrow is the first day of the late signing period. It will be interesting to see if we sign anybody else. I think the three that are already signed are going to be good Summit League players, and I am excited to see how these young men do over the next 4-5 years. Hopefully, Anthony Davis will play, because we could sure use another big body.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
      Tomorrow is the first day of the late signing period. It will be interesting to see if we sign anybody else. I think the three that are already signed are going to be good Summit League players, and I am excited to see how these young men do over the next 4-5 years. Hopefully, Anthony Davis will play, because we could sure use another big body.
      Actually last Wed (April 8th) was the first day of the late signing period.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/nli

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Actually last Wed (April 8th) was the first day of the late signing period.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/nli
        From the link

All Other Sports (Regular Period) April 8, 2009 - August 1, 2009

Basketball (Regular Period) April 15, 2009 - May 20, 2009
        Last edited by LakeJack; 04-14-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          From the link

All Other Sports (Regular Period) April 8, 2009 - August 1, 2009

Basketball (Regular Period) April 15, 2009 - May 20, 2009
          I stand corrected. I didn't know Basketball was different than "All Other Sports" for the late singing. YanktonRabbit, I apologize for trying to tell you wrong. Rep Points to both of you!

Comment

anybody here anything? The kid that I heard SDSU had a chance at Craig Von Allman out of Colorado signed with Black Hills State this week (surprised the heck out of me)... There is 1 or 2 point guards out of colorado that I think SDSU might be looking at..... Other then that I don't know of much.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              anybody here anything? The kid that I heard SDSU had a chance at Craig Von Allman out of Colorado signed with Black Hills State this week (surprised the heck out of me)... There is 1 or 2 point guards out of colorado that I think SDSU might be looking at..... Other then that I don't know of much.....
              Well its got to be the water in Spearfish Canyon, the Big Sioux River has never out tasted Spearfish Canyon.

Comment

anybody here anything? The kid that I heard SDSU had a chance at Craig Von Allman out of Colorado signed with Black Hills State this week (surprised the heck out of me)...
                Really? Never heard of Craig Von Allman until this post.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                  Really? Never heard of Craig Von Allman until this post.

Go State!
                  Hes a 6'4" 6'5" swing similar to Griffin Callahan.... had offers from CSU and UNC, as well as looks from PAC-10 and I heard Oregon State offered as well.... I had heard that SDSU looked at him this summer....

There is 2 point guards in colorado that they may be looking at Beau Gamble a 2 star recruit out of Boulder and Kameron Wilhite out of Pueblo South.....

Comment

Hes a 6'4" 6'5" swing similar to Griffin Callahan.... had offers from CSU and UNC, as well as looks from PAC-10 and I heard Oregon State offered as well.... I had heard that SDSU looked at him this summer....

There is 2 point guards in colorado that they may be looking at Beau Gamble a 2 star recruit out of Boulder and Kameron Wilhite out of Pueblo South.....
                    Hope we can get them all!

Go State!!
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

WOW, and he is going to NAIA? Why don't we get him first?

Comment

No offense to Craig, but if Col State and Oregon State and South Dakota State were after Craig and he chose BHSU, there is something wrong.

I wonder if SDSU even offered him. Seems we're kind of set for 6'4ish wing/swing guys for awhile (Grif Call, White, Rader, Kai, Carlson, Cassaday, Horstman, etc).

I'd rather us give that last schollie to a PG or a big.

Comment

I don't know if he got the offers or even exists, but even if he does exist and did get the offers, there is nothing wrong with him deciding to go to BHSU. He decided for what ever reason that he wanted to go to college and play BB in Spearfish. It may be the major he is looking at or it may be that he wanted to get immediate playing time on a time that should have a good shot to make the postseason next year. It may be that he thought the coaches at all the other schools were idiots or BHSU is where his girlfriend wants to go. It doesn't matter why he chose what he did, but there is nothing wrong with it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                            No offense to Craig, but if Col State and Oregon State and South Dakota State were after Craig and he chose BHSU, there is something wrong.

I wonder if SDSU even offered him. Seems we're kind of set for 6'4ish wing/swing guys for awhile (Grif Call, White, Rader, Kai, Carlson, Cassaday, Horstman, etc).

I'd rather us give that last schollie to a PG or a big.
                            Its got to be the pure water and the trout fishing in Spearfish Canyon. No doubt about it.

Comment

I don't know if he got the offers or even exists, but even if he does exist and did get the offers, there is nothing wrong with him deciding to go to BHSU. He decided for what ever reason that he wanted to go to college and play BB in Spearfish. It may be the major he is looking at or it may be that he wanted to get immediate playing time on a time that should have a good shot to make the postseason next year. It may be that he thought the coaches at all the other schools were idiots or BHSU is where his girlfriend wants to go. It doesn't matter why he chose what he did, but there is nothing wrong with it.
                              I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with whatever reason he chose to go to BHSU. I often watch Kansas and think about the 30/30 guys on the end of the bench (only play when team is up or down 30) that could be starting at UMKC or even Pitt State or Washburn. I guess it's pretty exciting to be on one of the top teams in the country but I would want to play every night. Everyone is different.

Comment

Why do we have multiple posts in 08-09 recruits about a kid going to BHSU?
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X