This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Schilling is a very complete player. I was amazed at his passing and ability to create opportunities for his teamates. He is not your atypical selfish big time scorer. He is more of a slasher than I anticipited and while he is not overly quick he knows where to be on the floor to find the right scoring angle. I think he will receive a number of late DI offers. It seems playing at the highest level is not a priority for this kid, but rather he wants to go where he is comfortable and close to home. Would not be surprised if Minnesota comes in with a late offer or preferred walk-on.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Schilling is a very complete player. I was amazed at his passing and ability to create opportunities for his teamates. He is not your atypical selfish big time scorer. He is more of a slasher than I anticipited and while he is not overly quick he knows where to be on the floor to find the right scoring angle. I think he will receive a number of late DI offers. It seems playing at the highest level is not a priority for this kid, but rather he wants to go where he is comfortable and close to home. Would not be surprised if Minnesota comes in with a late offer or preferred walk-on.
      Cody also holds the Minn. career record for assists.

Comment

Just based on seeing Schilling a couple of all-star games last summer, I'd say he'll be a stud at the college level. I'd take him over Vlastuin or Krogman. Schilling would look great in a Jacks uniform, but I don't know if SDSU has any scholarships available for next season or can afford to give out any more to nonpost-type guys.
        This space for lease.

Comment

There has been a fair amount of recent activity about Cody Schilling on another board.

http://sdsportstalk.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0

It has him headed to Augustana (Sioux Falls) or Northwestern (Orange City, Ia). I cannot vouch for the validity of the comments on the other board.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
            There has been a fair amount of recent activity about Cody Schilling on another board.

http://sdsportstalk.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0

It has him headed to Augustana (Sioux Falls) or Northwestern (Orange City, Ia). I cannot vouch for the validity of the comments on the other board.
            I have heard that since this summer......

I was told this this past summer "He told SDSU, NDSU, and UNI that it was either big college or Augie, or Northwestern" The reason Augie because of his gf and Northwestern because of his brother..... Since then I have been told that SDSU, NDSU and UNI never offered and that that comment was not true.....

Comment

James Rader was named 2nd team Class 4A all-state by the Rocky Mountain News.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                James Rader was named 2nd team Class 4A all-state by the Rocky Mountain News.
                Rocky Mountain News All-Conference picks, Rader was 2nd Team in his conference.

JEFFERSON COUNTY LEAGUE (4A)
                First team
                Andrew Hooper, D’Evelyn; Pierce Hornung, Ralston Valley; Brain Sackel, Elizabeth; Jeff Dolan, Conifer; Blake Sutton, Evergreen; Kevin Webber, Ralston Valley; Tucker Shelden, Summit; Max Mellick, Alameda; Travis Tucker, Evergreen.
                Second team
                Zach Johnson, Ralston Valley; Nick Fox, Golden; Mark Schaffer, D’Evelyn; Grant Hamilton, Ralston Valley; D’Rand Richardson, Jefferson; Charley Blackstock, Evergreen; Kurt Lindgren, D’Evelyn; Aaron Eddy, Conifer; James Rader, D’Evelyn; Allan Aguilar, Alameda.

Comment

Filled with great athletes and state champs, here is the PrepColorado 4A boy's All-State basketball team.

Highlighted by state champs and 4A Player of the Year Francisco Cruz of Denver Lincoln, 4A offers many of the best Colorado has to offer in boy’s basketball.

FIRST TEAM

Francisco Cruz
                  6'4"
                  Lincoln
                  Senior

Devon Manning
                  6'2"
                  Pueblo Central
                  Senior

Aaron Calkins
                  6'4"
                  Steamboat Springs
                  Senior

Julian McCollum
                  6'3"
                  Widefield
                  Senior

Pierce Hornung
                  6'5"
                  Ralston Valley
                  Junior

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Francisco Cruz

SECOND TEAM

James Rader
                  6'8"
                  D'Evelyn
                  Senior

Cody Mivshek
                  6'2"
                  Fossil Ridge
                  Senior

Luke Witty
                  6'3"
                  Frederick
                  Senior

Craig Von Allman
                  6'4"
                  Windsor
                  Junior

Wesley McKenzie
                  6'1"
                  Liberty
                  Sophomore

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                    Filled with great athletes and state champs, here is the PrepColorado 4A boy's All-State basketball team.

Highlighted by state champs and 4A Player of the Year Francisco Cruz of Denver Lincoln, 4A offers many of the best Colorado has to offer in boy’s basketball.

FIRST TEAM

Francisco Cruz
                    6'4"
                    Lincoln
                    Senior

Devon Manning
                    6'2"
                    Pueblo Central
                    Senior

Aaron Calkins
                    6'4"
                    Steamboat Springs
                    Senior

Julian McCollum
                    6'3"
                    Widefield
                    Senior

Pierce Hornung
                    6'5"
                    Ralston Valley
                    Junior

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Francisco Cruz

SECOND TEAM

James Rader
                    6'8"
                    D'Evelyn
                    Senior

Cody Mivshek
                    6'2"
                    Fossil Ridge
                    Senior

Luke Witty
                    6'3"
                    Frederick
                    Senior

Craig Von Allman
                    6'4"
                    Windsor
                    Junior

Wesley McKenzie
                    6'1"
                    Liberty
                    Sophomore

Didn't you just contradict your previous post? I guess Yankton Rabbit got it right after all.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                      Rocky Mountain News All-Conference picks, Rader was 2nd Team in his conference.

JEFFERSON COUNTY LEAGUE (4A)
                      First team
                      Andrew Hooper, D’Evelyn; Pierce Hornung, Ralston Valley; Brain Sackel, Elizabeth; Jeff Dolan, Conifer; Blake Sutton, Evergreen; Kevin Webber, Ralston Valley; Tucker Shelden, Summit; Max Mellick, Alameda; Travis Tucker, Evergreen.
                      Second team
                      Zach Johnson, Ralston Valley; Nick Fox, Golden; Mark Schaffer, D’Evelyn; Grant Hamilton, Ralston Valley; D’Rand Richardson, Jefferson; Charley Blackstock, Evergreen; Kurt Lindgren, D’Evelyn; Aaron Eddy, Conifer; James Rader, D’Evelyn; Allan Aguilar, Alameda.
                      This is from last year, when Rader was a junior. This year as a senior he made 2nd team All-State.

Go State!!!
                      Go Jacks!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

What about Jordan Miller? Argus Leader he has USD, George Mason, SWMST, NSU, and Arkansas as his potential schools. Did SDSU ever try offering? He finally grew, he's a great passer, a great shooter plus comes from a great bloodline. I really don't need to watch another Miller come into Frost and torch us like his cousin Ryan.

Plus every mid-major team that makes the tourney can shoot 3's and right now thats a major problem for us.

Comment

Originally posted by sizzleman View Post
                          What about Jordan Miller? Argus Leader he has USD, George Mason, SWMST, NSU, and Arkansas as his potential schools. Did SDSU ever try offering? He finally grew, he's a great passer, a great shooter plus comes from a great bloodline. I really don't need to watch another Miller come into Frost and torch us like his cousin Ryan.

Plus every mid-major team that makes the tourney can shoot 3's and right now thats a major problem for us.
                          What an odd combination. I doubt Arkansas is seriously considering him. My opinion, he isn't a cure for the problems we currently have.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

While others were debating what all star team James Radar finished in Colorado, something I had not notice before, popped out to me. Maybe I one who is often sucking up dust, but I had never noticed that James Radar is 6'8". Wow, just what the doctor ordered. I just hope we can put him on the floor as soon as possible. If he proves to be our inside help, then we should not be too concerned about which team the Rocky Mountain News put him on.

I agree with Jackmd, that Jordon Miller or even the Schilling guy are NOT what Coach Nagy needs right now. These kids are no doubt very good athletes but they dont have the needed size we need to match up with several if not most teams in the Summit League. I tend to think the only SD kid that could have help us would be Colton Iverson. We all know where he is headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              While others were debating what all star team James Radar finished in Colorado, something I had not notice before, popped out to me. Maybe I one who is often sucking up dust, but I had never noticed that James Radar is 6'8". Wow, just what the doctor ordered. I just hope we can put him on the floor as soon as possible. If he proves to be our inside help, then we should not be too concerned about which team the Rocky Mountain News put him on.

I agree with Jackmd, that Jordon Miller or even the Schilling guy are NOT what Coach Nagy needs right now. These kids are no doubt very good athletes but they dont have the needed size we need to match up with several if not most teams in the Summit League. I tend to think the only SD kid that could have help us would be Colton Iverson. We all know where he is headed.
                              Rader is 6'8" but more of a Kai Williams type. He's a little longer and leaner than Kai. Not an inside banger, but a good all-around player. He's a really nice young man and so he'll be a quality character guy, too.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I think that's the thing with the new recruits and verbal's.
                                Radar- 6'8"
                                Cassaday- 6'7"(he red-shirted so I'll add him)
                                Davis- 6'10"
                                Feigen- 6"7"
                                White- 6'6"
                                They are all taller players. I don't know how many of them are true post players but the height is there. I think that Davis and Feigen are the players that like posting up out of that group. That's why I'm curious about the new offense. There will be players that are 6'7" and 6'8" that will be putting up 3's. I just hope that some of our players can start hitting that shot on a more consistent basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X