47-78, 60.3% free throws
      6.0 rebounds per game
      1.043 assists per game
      1.87 blocks per game

Looks to me like he'll help out inside.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

I go to a CC in iowa and i've seen anthony davis play and he is definitely not 6'10. I would say 6'8 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by JackatHeart11 View Post
          I go to a CC in iowa and i've seen anthony davis play and he is definitely not 6'10. I would say 6'8 at most.

I've noticed that coming out of High School he was listed as 6'8".
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

What is your opinion of him as a player?

Comment

I saw Anthony Davis play before and he is definetly 6-10" or over. He is a solid ball player.

Comment

Well I just looked at the team picture and I would say he is taller than 6'-8" and real close to 6'-10". The interesting thing is the team is lined up along a masonry wall. Masonry block are 8" in height, so you can tell how tall players are when they are standing next to a masonry wall. The mortar between the block are at 5'-4", 6'-0" and 6'-8". If you look at the picture you can see that Anthony Davis is about 2 inches taller than the 6'-8" mortar line. So he is either 6'-10" or 6'-2". I would say he is 6'-10". Here is a link to the team picture.

http://www.swcciowa.edu/Basketball/MBBasketball.html
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  Well I just looked at the team picture and I would say he is taller than 6'-8" and real close to 6'-10". The interesting thing is the team is lined up along a masonry wall. Masonry block are 8" in height, so you can tell how tall players are when they are standing next to a masonry wall. The mortar between the block are at 5'-4", 6'-0" and 6'-8". If you look at the picture you can see that Anthony Davis is about 2 inches taller than the 6'-8" mortar line. So he is either 6'-10" or 6'-2". I would say he is 6'-10". Here is a link to the team picture.

http://www.swcciowa.edu/Basketball/MBBasketball.html

Nice work NorCal. I've got a couple of questions? Does the bottom of the masonry block start at the concrete or the wood floor? Is he 6'10 in his sneakers? What if he were in his socks? What do you estimate his wing span at?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    Nice work NorCal. I've got a couple of questions? Does the bottom of the masonry block start at the concrete or the wood floor?
                    Well if you want to get technical about it I guess I can go there for you, but this may bore some people, but here it goes. The concrete floors and wall footing elevations are at the same elevation. In fact they are typically poured at the same time. Technically masonry block is 7"-5/8" in height and the mortar between the block is 3/8". So when you add them together they add to an even 8". After the footing is poured you can't just lay a block onto the concrete, you have to put 3/8" of mortar onto the concrete footing. So the first block is placed 3/8" above the concrete footing or the concrete floor. So to answer your question, the bottom of the first masonry block is probably within a 1/4" to 1/8" from the top of the wood floor.

Is he 6'10 in his sneakers?
                    I can't see his feet in the picture, but I would assume he is in sneakers and therefore I would conclude that he is 6'-10" in sneakers.

What if he were in his socks?
                    I'm not sure where you are going with this question, but I hope he plays basketball in sneakers. If he does, then I don't care how tall he is in socks.

What do you estimate his wing span at?
                    Well since his arms are behind his back and part of the wall is covered with padding I can't tell. If his arms were extended parallel to the floor then you could estimate his wing span. The masonry block in the photo is an 8x8x16 precision block in a stacked bond pattern. This block is 15"-5/8" long in the horizontal dimension and the mortar between the block is 3/8", so the block are 16" apart in the horizontal dimension. Because it is a stacked bond pattern it would be somewhat difficult to estimate. If the block was laid in a running bond pattern, you could estimate his wing span much more precisely.

Go State!!!
                    Go Jacks!!!
                    Last edited by NorCalJack; 02-25-2008, 01:44 PM.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Well if you want to get technical about it I guess I can go there for you, but this may bore some people, but here it goes. The concrete floors and wall footing elevations are at the same elevation. In fact they are typically poured at the same time. Technically masonry block is 7"-5/8" in height and the mortar between the block is 3/8". So when you add them together they add to an even 8". After the footing is poured you can't just lay a block onto the concrete, you have to put 3/8" of mortar onto the concrete footing. So the first block is placed 3/8" above the concrete footing or the concrete floor. So to answer your question, the bottom of the first masonry block is probably within a 1/4" to 1/8" from the top of the wood floor.

I can't see his feet in the picture, but I would assume he is in sneakers and therefore I would conclude that he is 6'-10" in sneakers.

I'm not sure where you are going with this question, but I hope he plays basketball in sneakers. If he does, then I don't care how tall he is in socks.

Well since his arms are behind his back and part of the wall is covered with padding I can't tell. If he arms were extended parallel to the floor then you could estimate his wing span. The masonry block in the photo is an 8x8x16 precision block in a stacked bond pattern. This block is 15"-5/8" long in the horizontal dimension and the mortar between the block is 3/8", so the block are 16" apart in the horizontal dimension. Because it is a stacked bond pattern it would be somewhat difficult to estimate. If the block was laid in a running bond pattern, you could estimate his wing span much more precisely.

Go State!!!
                      Go Jacks!!!
                      It sounds like you know what you're doing. The argument can is settled. He's 6'10". Thanks NorCal.

Comment

Next time on "Cinder Block Chronicles" . . .

What REALLY happened in Roswell, New Mexico!!!!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well since his arms are behind his back and part of the wall is covered with padding I can't tell. If his arms were extended parallel to the floor then you could estimate his wing span. The masonry block in the photo is an 8x8x16 precision block in a stacked bond pattern. This block is 15"-5/8" long in the horizontal dimension and the mortar between the block is 3/8", so the block are 16" apart in the horizontal dimension. Because it is a stacked bond pattern it would be somewhat difficult to estimate. If the block was laid in a running bond pattern, you could estimate his wing span much more precisely.

Go State!!!
                          Go Jacks!!!
                          Nice work!
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Your height does not always equal your wing span Kai's brother Jamal is 6ft 5 but his wing span is 6ft 8 , but more importantly then anything he plays like he is 6ft 10

Comment

Any one from CLarinda Iowa has to be okay whether he is 6'10 or 5'10. Clarinda is the hometown of the legendary Glen Miller, orchresta leader who was lost at sea apparently in WWII. The pep band needs to learn to play "In the Mood" if they don't already know it. Anthony Davis is going to be a big help even if he is only 6'8".

Comment

I made this thread sticky.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X