No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs yotes 6pm SCSC Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care how wide open you are, quit jacking up threes with 20 seconds left on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

The face he made needs to go viral.
      If that goes "viral," the Dairy Bar needs to churn up some vaccinated vanilla ice cream for my root beer floats

Comment

One of two possibly three times I’ll watch usd. Is it just me or has AJP not as explosive post injury?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          One of two possibly three times I’ll watch usd. Is it just me or has AJP not as explosive post injury?
          Seems to save a couple "bursts" per game. I can understand why he'd hesitate given the nature of his injury

Comment

it is pretty common to get a lot of the explosiveness back two years post surgery. dont know when the surgery was but we are still short of two years from the injury, and as i recall his injury was more than just the ACL

Comment

Not really impressed by Peterson's demeanor on the bench. Watched parts of some games when he was out, and the assistants were a lot more active.

Comment

That was a great win. Just a complete game on both ends. The main difference tonight was the effort we put forth on defense and rebounding. Great to see and hope it continues. What a week to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

The face he made needs to go viral.
                  HAHA! i am FAR from a tech / social media expert (actually i am probably far from a novice) but yes that was a good one. it would be cool if we could get that face and turn it into one of those heads to hold up behind the hoop)))

does seem like a good kid though. too bad his mom was coaching at usd (i have no doubt the main reason he ended up at that school) he is one of those VERY RARE usd players i actually enjoy watching

Comment

Who had us winning the men’s and women’s games by more the 75 points combined?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Not really impressed by Peterson's demeanor on the bench. Watched parts of some games when he was out, and the assistants were a lot more active.
                      Could still be recovering from injury. Looked like he still had a black eye when they showed him at end of the game, or maybe it was just those spooky SCSC shadows

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I don't care how wide open you are, quit jacking up threes with 20 seconds left on the clock.
                        i think it is more than obvious from my comments that i agree with your sentiment here. hendo has always talked about wanting his guys to shoot with confidence. i am sure that impacts his discussions of shot selection and i wont pretend to know what those conversations are.

i always had some rules about if you miss X number of 3s in a row you try to get to the hole or the FT line before taking another one. i dont think that is the jacks / hendo's philosophy

based on tonight, as long as you GET AFTER IT on the boards and you control the TOs, you can still win games, while shooting seemingly too many 3s

Comment

Mims just might have a future doing intros for Tyler

Comment

Who had us winning the men’s and women’s games by more the 75 points combined?
                            WELL, if you told me that was gonna happen, i would have guessed that the WBB won by somewhere between 70 and 74. i thought the MBB could win, but i definitely would have expected it to be tight. i absolutely would have expected usd to hit more 3s to keep themselves in it

we really do need to appreciate the defense that our guards have been playing (and the whole team of course!!!!) but Mims has been a stud on D since Charlie went down. good before that. stupid good after!!

Comment

Fun day...fun week! Listening to the post-game show after watching Midco. Tyler M is enjoying the interviews.

The color guy on Midco did a nice job throughout the game.

Time to have a celebatory beer.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                Mims just might have a future doing intros for Tyler
                                from what i get via jacks MBB social media, it seems like that is something he would be interested in, but i do not know off top of my head what his major is

hendo pretty much laid out his philosophy on shot selection in the postgame with Tyler. stated that he does not worry about the misses as long as they are taking the right shots. dont know exactly what that means for him and the jacks, but i have no doubt it includes shots off of inside touches and shots off of good passes and shots when you have your feet set and catch in good rhythm

and i know in one of my in game comments, i said the shots they were missing were GOOD looks. i would say almost every 3 they shot tonight fit those rules and especially the shots Mims took. i recall AA taking maybe a couple tougher shots and making at least one. AA is definitely NOT taking a lot of 3s and i would not say he is very often forcing them. Zeke also took some tough ones and obviously he has the greenest green light of anyone on the team

anyway that would probably not be my exact philosophy, but Hendo's belief is as long as you keep shooting GOOD 3s eventually your shooting percentage is gonna be what you want it to be

and AGAIN, we did win this game very comfortably and led by about 20 for a huge percentage of the minutes. so i guess as long as they shoot off of good looks AND duplicate this effort on the boards and continue to manage the TOs they should continue to get better

Comment

Working...
                                X