All About Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTION?

if the questionable call is NOT called at the end of the providence game, or no matter if it is, we somehow pull that one out, does baylor still leave? if we beat the 12 seed richmond next and go to sweet sixteen, does he still leave??

BELIEVE ME after 20 plus years coaching i know the coulda shoulda woulda's do not matter. but just thought it might be a bit of an interesting question now that the decisions are done and over. my guess, YES, he goes anyway. that only makes the bright lights brighter and i believe all came down to the bright lights and the money anyway, no matter what was ultimately said

i think that would have made it harder! i mean how do you leave a maybe sweet sixteen team with arguably as good or better roster coming back? but i believe it still would have happened. maybe some of you have different thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

I do. I will cheer for him wherever he ends up. He would be dumb to pass up the money. If he doesnt make the NBA, he already has a great start in life as long as he has someone managing his money. It the life we live in. Get use to it
      Hardly life changing money in the end. I would love to see Creighton stumble next year and no I will not invest time into SDSU Basketball if mid-major basketball become simply a developmental league for the P5 schools

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

I do. I will cheer for him wherever he ends up. He would be dumb to pass up the money. If he doesnt make the NBA, he already has a great start in life as long as he has someone managing his money. It the life we live in. Get use to it
        I would love to see even a little gratitude. A thank-you to the coaching staff and teammates who have helped him develop over the last three years. And to the fans who supported the team.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Hardly life changing money in the end. I would love to see Creighton stumble next year and no I will not invest time into SDSU Basketball if mid-major basketball become simply a developmental league for the P5 schools
          80k isn't much to Jeff Bezos, but to the guy living in the local trailer court it likely is.

My definition of life-changing money has changed quite a bit since I graduated college. If someone offered to give me 80k and a car my last couple years of college I'm listening and probably taking it. That would have been "life-changing" to me at that point in my life. I was 4 years or so out of college before I had enough money for a down payment on a house.

I

Comment

i definitely hear you! i wont be watching creighton but i still hear and see and know enough about MBB that i will have some idea how baylor and company are doing. i do really hope baylor does well, even if i am a bit frustrated with him. we can question some of the choices a bit, but in the end he has every right to make the choices he did

and as i have said before i like coach mcdermott a lot and, obviously the jacks mbb staff has plenty of respect for him!! so i would guess there is plenty of hope for the team to do well also! but....

i always hope for the jacks to win a tourney game OF COURSE!!! but i think i will be hoping for it harder than ever this year!!! because i REALLY REALLY hope that the jacks go farther in the tourney than creighton does this year!!!

i totally understand that is not probable!!! but the jacks are still going to be very good and the summit looks like a likely two team race between them and oru and it is definitely NOT impossible to think the jacks could make a bit of a run in the tourney

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I would love to see even a little gratitude. A thank-you to the coaching staff and teammates who have helped him develop over the last three years. And to the fans who supported the team.
              my guess is that he feels like anything he would say now would be a total re hash of the message he sent when he entered the NBA draft process

i would guess and definitely hope that he did talk with hendo and maybe other coaches. seems safe to assume that he did talk to at least some teammates. i would be SO SO CURIOUS to know what if any role hendo had in facilitating anything with Creighton??

i mean i totally assume he was hoping that baylor would come back if that was EVER possible? (i kind of guess that baylor told him from the beginning not to keep the lights on for him) and once hendo was positive there would be NO RETURN did he try to help baylor get to a place where he know the coach very well and obviously thinks highly of him??

I know if i were in hendo shoes if i knew there was ZERO chance of getting him back, i would have wanted to help him get to a place where i knew they would still treat him the way i did!!! and then i would have asked the two of them, baylor and mcdermott, to have a zoom meeting with me

and i would have said i love you both and i am hoping that you have an amazing year next year!! but i will tell you that i am planning to do everything i can to go further than you do in the ncaa tournament and i think that we will !!! and i really hope we get to play you because i am planning to kick your butts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

80k isn't much to Jeff Bezos, but to the guy living in the local trailer court it likely is.

My definition of life-changing money has changed quite a bit since I graduated college. If someone offered to give me 80k and a car my last couple years of college I'm listening and probably taking it. That would have been "life-changing" to me at that point in my life. I was 4 years or so out of college before I had enough money for a down payment on a house.

I
                Leave college at 22-or 23 with over 50k in the bank. thats better then 98% of his peers. What happens next is going to determine his future, but thats not a bad start in life even if basketball doesnt work out.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Maybe he will once things calm down. But i agree that is something he should do

Comment

Im semi retiring soon so i guess i will have more time to invest

Comment

• https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...33390780149761

The NBA G League announced the 44 draft prospects who accepted invites to the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 16-17 in Chicago. Some players will work their way into the NBA Combine later that week.
                      “The NBA G League announced the 44 draft prospects who accepted invites to the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 16-17 in Chicago. Some players will work their way into the NBA Combine later that week.”

Comment

• does it say something about the draft hopes for
                        Stan Umude
                        and Kevin Obanor
                        that they are not invited to this?
                        or maybe their draft status is secure and they do not need this, IDK?? but i would be surprised if they are secure in their draft status. i would think they are both borderline

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                          does it say something about the draft hopes for
                          Stan Umude
                          and Kevin Obanor
                          that they are not invited to this?
                          or maybe their draft status is secure and they do not need this, IDK?? but i would be surprised if they are secure in their draft status. i would think they are both borderline
                          Obanor is going to use his COVID year to play another season at TT.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Obanor is going to use his COVID year to play another season at TT.
                            ah hah. i was not aware of that. but seems also that if he were being told that he could play in the nba next year he might not be staying? again, i dont know and that is definitely not definitive!! some people actually do turn down money in pursuit of other forms of satisfaction
                            but my guess is that he is NOT getting pushed to enter the draft because a bunch of teams are wanting to draft him

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I’ve been a very modest donor for the last 10 years, but I’m done with that. I will divert the money I give to academics. It’s pointless, at least for basketball, if the big kids steal your lunch money every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoDak View Post

I’ve been a very modest donor for the last 10 years, but I’m done with that. I will divert the money I give to academics. It’s pointless, at least for basketball, if the big kids steal your lunch money every year.
                                I guess each person has to make that call for themselves. Have you not been thoroughly entertained by the product that SDSU has produced over those last 10 years?

Personally, I think the last decade has been far and away the most exciting in SDSU Basketball history. And that is saying something. It is unquestionably the best in football. Yeah, the current situation sucks but despite it all, SDSU has remained very successful. That is a product of the student-athletes, coaching staffs, athletic administration, university administration, and a solid fan base pulling together.

What has happened in the 15+ years since going to D1 is nothing short of incredible and is led by the big three sports of football, basketball, and women's basketball.

Its disappointing to see that the mismanagement of college athletics by the NCAA and one guy leaving have this kind of a negative impact.

My take is kind of the opposite, now is the time to dig in even more and show that this school, its athletic department, and the fanbase won't be deterred by what has happened with Baylor and will no doubt happen again.

Not ripping you SoDak, i respect your opinion. I just hope that at the end of the day cooler heads will prevail and we will all continue our dedication to making the Jacks the best they can be!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X