Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RochJack69
    replied
    Baylor was not the first Jackrabbit to hop off to Creighton. Steve Jansa played on the Jackrabbit's freshman team 64-65, before transferring to Creighton. He was by far the premier player on the freshman team. Freshman were not eligible then.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    I would be remiss if I didn't contribute to further non-Baylor drift and express hope that Rohde transfers to a team on Jacks' home schedule to allow a max of two scoops of free Rocky Rohde-flavored ice cream for every missed FT
    it has been previously established that ANY conversation from you about ice cream is not considered thread drift))!! is discussion of potential teammates for said former rabbit grossly egregious drifting?? i would say this whole thread possibly / probably no longer belongs under the category of SDSU MBB but i feel we are still within range of the given topic

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    I would be remiss if I didn't contribute to further non-Baylor drift and express hope that Rohde transfers to a team on Jacks' home schedule to allow a max of two scoops of free Rocky Rohde-flavored ice cream for every missed FT

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

YES YESSSS
    both of those make sense to me too

but do we have ANY real reason to think he wants that?? some kids want to be closer to home and some want to have a bit of distance. i have no idea what is true in Rohde case?? i do feel like he is a very very smooth fit into McDermott style

as far as i know UW is still a bit of defense first program but i have not paid them much attention for a while so that could be wrong. and i dont know anything about what Marquette does either.

on one hand i think a long guard who shoots well and has a very solid all around game can play pretty much any place, BUT i also think that Baylor had a good year because he went to the absolute perfect spot for him and i think Rohde would be pretty much the same situation
    Not sure if the Catholic affiliation was a reason why Rohde chose St.Thomas, but if it was Creighton and Marquette could have a leg up.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
    Both Wisconsin and Marquette have expressed interest … he’s a Wisconsin kid who I suspect wants to return home.
    YES YESSSS
    both of those make sense to me too

but do we have ANY real reason to think he wants that?? some kids want to be closer to home and some want to have a bit of distance. i have no idea what is true in Rohde case?? i do feel like he is a very very smooth fit into McDermott style

as far as i know UW is still a bit of defense first program but i have not paid them much attention for a while so that could be wrong. and i dont know anything about what Marquette does either.

on one hand i think a long guard who shoots well and has a very solid all around game can play pretty much any place, BUT i also think that Baylor had a good year because he went to the absolute perfect spot for him and i think Rohde would be pretty much the same situation

Leave a comment:

• wcbsas
    replied

well his game definitely fits the McDermott philosophy
    obviously a player of his ability could fit in a lot of places

i would bet that McDermott is expecting a good bump in production from the Miller kid next year??? but Rohde seems like he would be a great pickup. less of a ball handler than nembhard but i think a much better shooter and a more versatile defender. the kid from australia was kinda the backup PG this year. IDK if he is gone or has a covid year???? but i feel like they could start Alexander at the point and spread the job between him and Baylor and maybe some others
    Both Wisconsin and Marquette have expressed interest … he’s a Wisconsin kid who I suspect wants to return home.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I've seen Creighton mentioned as being in on Rohde from St. Thomas, and also on another pg, so I'm sure they will survive just fine.
    well his game definitely fits the McDermott philosophy
    obviously a player of his ability could fit in a lot of places

i would bet that McDermott is expecting a good bump in production from the Miller kid next year??? but Rohde seems like he would be a great pickup. less of a ball handler than nembhard but i think a much better shooter and a more versatile defender. the kid from australia was kinda the backup PG this year. IDK if he is gone or has a covid year???? but i feel like they could start Alexander at the point and spread the job between him and Baylor and maybe some others

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

well obviously i already said i did not think any of them would leave
    but i think this could be actually good for them

it always felt to me like he was a little unsatisified being one of five. like he thought he should be the star. i did not think he would leave but that was the vibe he gives me and him leaving gives a bit of a hint that could be true OR he loved it in omaha and he just cannot pass the money?? i am certainly not the one with the facts

that all said, i feel like Baylor and Alexander can handle the ball handling. Alexander and Kaluma have more game to give i believe. also appears they are getting a 6'10 Nebraska native and top 50 recruit transferring back from U Virginia and they had other freshman last year with potential to grow

my guess is they handle his loss fine but maybe he is much better than i thought and proves to be the linchpin??? i doubt it. they have too much other talent

one other thing, WOW WOW WOW what a world we live in
    can you imagine 5 years ago being on a team that HAD TO THINK they should have been in the final 4 AND would have been playing FAU to get to the final 2 with a probable matchup with a team from their conference who they split with in the season
    AND should have all 5 starters back and one of those starters decides to transfer?? WOW

either the money must be REAL GOOD or someone really wanted out of a seemingly very good situation. on one hand i say it is just a sign of the world we live in. on the other hand i dont even know what to think
    I've seen Creighton mentioned as being in on Rohde from St. Thomas, and also on another pg, so I'm sure they will survive just fine.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

Creighton's pg Nembhard portaling to Arizona for what is rumored to be big-time NIL money. Lots of Creighton fans are crying tampering, which is ironic since they got their best player from SDSU this way a year ago.
    well obviously i already said i did not think any of them would leave
    but i think this could be actually good for them

it always felt to me like he was a little unsatisified being one of five. like he thought he should be the star. i did not think he would leave but that was the vibe he gives me and him leaving gives a bit of a hint that could be true OR he loved it in omaha and he just cannot pass the money?? i am certainly not the one with the facts

that all said, i feel like Baylor and Alexander can handle the ball handling. Alexander and Kaluma have more game to give i believe. also appears they are getting a 6'10 Nebraska native and top 50 recruit transferring back from U Virginia and they had other freshman last year with potential to grow

my guess is they handle his loss fine but maybe he is much better than i thought and proves to be the linchpin??? i doubt it. they have too much other talent

one other thing, WOW WOW WOW what a world we live in
    can you imagine 5 years ago being on a team that HAD TO THINK they should have been in the final 4 AND would have been playing FAU to get to the final 2 with a probable matchup with a team from their conference who they split with in the season
    AND should have all 5 starters back and one of those starters decides to transfer?? WOW

either the money must be REAL GOOD or someone really wanted out of a seemingly very good situation. on one hand i say it is just a sign of the world we live in. on the other hand i dont even know what to think

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

i am totally a never say never person!!

but i think the smartest money says they all stay. baylor is the biggest possibility to be gone and i have already given my thoughts on that. i guess if the nba folks find him to be more of a sure fire nba guy than i do he would probably go to the draft. other than that he is definitely NOT going anywhere else

there are not many 7 footers so i suppose people are trying to lure Kalkbrenner with cash, but gotta assume if they get cash for baylor they also pay the others
    Creighton's pg Nembhard portaling to Arizona for what is rumored to be big-time NIL money. Lots of Creighton fans are crying tampering, which is ironic since they got their best player from SDSU this way a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Tyrese Hunter, from Texas and formerly of ISU has declared for the draft … not sure where draft prognosticators have him projected but I don’t see him as an NBA draft pick at least yet. Nevertheless, if he thinks he’s NBA material and he might be I’m sure there are several Bluejays who think that as well.
    It will be interesting to see if he has hired an agent. If he hasn't, he could still return to college ball.

Leave a comment:

• wcbsas
    replied

but i think the smartest money says they all stay. baylor is the biggest possibility to be gone and i have already given my thoughts on that. i guess if the nba folks find him to be more of a sure fire nba guy than i do he would probably go to the draft. other than that he is definitely NOT going anywhere else

there are not many 7 footers so i suppose people are trying to lure Kalkbrenner with cash, but gotta assume if they get cash for baylor they also pay the others
    Tyrese Hunter, from Texas and formerly of ISU has declared for the draft … not sure where draft prognosticators have him projected but I don’t see him as an NBA draft pick at least yet. Nevertheless, if he thinks he’s NBA material and he might be I’m sure there are several Bluejays who think that as well.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

That presumes everyone returns. I suspect, that’s not assured.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Creighton's chances of winning went down after Nembhard got karate chopped on the wrist (which didn't get called). He broke the wrist last season, and you have to wonder if he didn't re-injure it today. He was a non-factor after it happened, and Creighton didn't have much to bring off the bench at PG.
    Big Brian Dutcher fan so easy for me to root for the other SDSU!

Leave a comment:

• wcbsas
    replied
    definitely don't need scoring. they have 5 guys who can all put up 20 in any game and no matter what you do with the bench you always have at least a couple of those guys on the floor.
    That presumes everyone returns. I suspect, that’s not assured.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X