Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    definitely don't need scoring. they have 5 guys who can all put up 20 in any game and no matter what you do with the bench you always have at least a couple of those guys on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakPirate
    replied
    Creighton has an excellent starting 5 but they get nothing from their bench. If you look at yesterday’s box score it was indicative of their whole season. McDermott needs to add some bench scoring.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

to the letter of the rule almost a guaranteed foul. but based on the level of physicality and everyone getting bumped on almost every shot the whole game DEFINITELY NOT a foul

that said Creighton should have never let it come down to the officials. they run very similar offense to the jacks and their movement away from the ball today was not good. baylor spent most of the day standing in the corner. and to be honest they got beat by the aztecs on way too many of the heart and hustle type plays

if he is smart he goes back to the bluejays next year. they would have the whole team back and while i think he had a very good year this year, i dont believe he is any more of an nba player today than he was at this time last year. very very good college player!! will be able to play pro ball outside usa as long as he wants to!! definitely playing in the nba?? i dont see it
    Creighton's chances of winning went down after Nembhard got karate chopped on the wrist (which didn't get called). He broke the wrist last season, and you have to wonder if he didn't re-injure it today. He was a non-factor after it happened, and Creighton didn't have much to bring off the bench at PG.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post
    Creighton lost on a bad call to end the game. Maybe its just me but i feel i have witnesses much more aggressive defense rhat was more of a muggy that wasnt called. Tough way to end the season.
    to the letter of the rule almost a guaranteed foul. but based on the level of physicality and everyone getting bumped on almost every shot the whole game DEFINITELY NOT a foul

that said Creighton should have never let it come down to the officials. they run very similar offense to the jacks and their movement away from the ball today was not good. baylor spent most of the day standing in the corner. and to be honest they got beat by the aztecs on way too many of the heart and hustle type plays

if he is smart he goes back to the bluejays next year. they would have the whole team back and while i think he had a very good year this year, i dont believe he is any more of an nba player today than he was at this time last year. very very good college player!! will be able to play pro ball outside usa as long as he wants to!! definitely playing in the nba?? i dont see it

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    I only saw the last few minutes but his effort was there tied up a jump ball and got a steal to tie with 33 seconds to go.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Didn't seem like Creighton did a great job of utilizing Baylor on offense. Seemed like he spent a lot of time standing in the corner. And when he got involved in the flow, they didn't look to try to get him shots very often.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Creighton lost on a bad call to end the game. Maybe its just me but i feel i have witnesses much more aggressive defense rhat was more of a muggy that wasnt called. Tough way to end the season.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I enjoy watching Baylor play and kind of like Creighton. For some reason, I think every time I went to watch college basketball, other than SDSU, Creighton was on. I watched a lot of Baylor and he more than held his own. They are a really good team, but too inconsistent to last much past the first weekend, if they get that far.
    Onto the Sweet 16, and play Princeton to move on. Their season was weird since their best player (Kalkbrenner) was out /sick for a lot of the season.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    can you help me please? is my memory bad?

i remember Baylor playing with some personality and flair when he was with us too, but i do not remember him waving to the crowd, blowing kisses to the crowd, and making some type of gesture after every assist and made basket?? am i wrong? i probably am but i dont recall it that way

i know i am from a different generation but i am sorry i still like to have a bit of an act like you have done it before attitude. in the game today THAT would actually make you an individual. everyone else is throwing themselves a party for getting their shoes tied correctly

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    I enjoy watching Baylor play and kind of like Creighton. For some reason, I think every time I went to watch college basketball, other than SDSU, Creighton was on. I watched a lot of Baylor and he more than held his own. They are a really good team, but too inconsistent to last much past the first weekend, if they get that far.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Watching the replay of the Xavier-Creighton Big East tournament game from last night. I enjoy watching Baylor play and hope he makes it at the next level, but have to admit that I also love watching Creighton get smoked.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Xmas Day game had a double double for Baylor against DePaul. 14 points & 10 boards in 31 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Okay…this is a joke…sort of I guess!!! Is Baylor transferring back to the Jack’s at semester break!!?? Creighton is 1-6 last 7 games. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR SOMETIMES!!!! If Baylor’s true big deal was to play on a possible NCAA final four team, that situation has changed…most likely not for the better!!!

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I have watched about 10-15 minutes total of Creighton MBB this year. definitely not enough to be an expert, but i can also see the box scores. if he was COMPLETELY SERIOUS last year about wanting the same role he had with the jacks then you are probably right. he is not happy

but HE HAD TO KNOW when he choose the blue jays that Nembhard was going to be the main PG. i suspect that he is pretty happy. he is getting to contribute a LOT to a very good team
    At first glance I thought that might be a nickname for a certain Midco analyst.

Regardless, it's the inspiration for the latest Dairy Bar concoction -- Nem-hard flavor ice cream, consisting of chunks of nectarines with the consistency of tailgate lot gravel. Those brave enough to "take it to the hoop" and finish their dessert are rewarded with Newittian quips at the bottom of the pint or the inside of the cone's wrapper (waffle bowl fans will get the proverbial air ball).
    Last edited by jakejc795; 08-31-2023, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Watching Creighton play Arizona right now. Doesn’t seem like Baylor gets to handle the ball much. Wonder how he feels about that.
    I have watched about 10-15 minutes total of Creighton MBB this year. definitely not enough to be an expert, but i can also see the box scores. if he was COMPLETELY SERIOUS last year about wanting the same role he had with the jacks then you are probably right. he is not happy

but HE HAD TO KNOW when he choose the blue jays that Nembhard was going to be the main PG. i suspect that he is pretty happy. he is getting to contribute a LOT to a very good team

i understand that i often say i am going to try to leave a topic and get drawn back to it. i guess that is because, I LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE JACKS and if a topic i do not particularly WANT to talk about is the one with the activity here, i probably get drawn back

BUT this is very tangentially a jackrabbits topic. as i have said a lot, i wish Baylor the best!!! but i dont want to watch bluejay bball and i dont want to talk about it. i am even mildly annoyed writing this much about a team who is not the jacks and a player who is no longer a jack

that said i suspect that he is happy and also probably feels that his role is still evolving. you know he was not the same baylor who left brookings the day he arrived. he evolved. and i believe his role with the jays will continue to grow and evolve. i mean he played plenty of minutes in early games but did not score, now his scoring is going up. anyway I WISH HIM THE BEST and i think this is gonna work for him but i also think if you add him to the jacks, the jacks are a borderline top 25 team. as i said before right now it seems like the jacks have a bunch of really good NUMBER 2 guys. looking for a number one

baylor would be the obvious number one and everyone would fit into a very comfortable role

that said, i have NO INFO!! i am totally guessing, but i VERY MUCH think that once Hendo knew that baylor was not coming back that he spoke to him and to his old coach about putting a kid he cares about into a good spot. if you watch just a little you see similarities between creighton offense and defense and the jacks offense and defense. baylor looks a lot like a round peg in a round hole. i will leave it at that.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X