Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All About Baylor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I rarely cheered for Creighton before Baylor went there, and I don't expect to cheer for the Bluejays much in the future. I'm not convinced that his transfer there improved Scheierman's long-term basketball future any. He'll pick up some NIL money at Creighton, but I don't think his path to the NBA will be any easier. The conference is full of NBA wannabes. Standing out in the crowd won't be easy.
    (Correction: Creighton plays in Big East, not the SEC.)
    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 05-18-2022, 08:44 PM.
    This space for lease.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I rarely cheered for Creighton before Baylor went there, and I don't expect to cheer for the Bluejays much in the future. I'm not convinced that his transfer there improved Scheierman's long-term basketball future any. He'll pick up some NIL money at Creighton, but I don't think his path to the NBA will be any easier. The SEC is full of NBA wannabes. Standing out in the crowd won't be easy.
      Getting more exposure doesn't necessarily translate to a better shot in the NBA. Going to the title game with TT got Mooney 5 NBA games. Umude didn't get invited to any of the pre-draft camps after playing at Arkansas. Time will tell a year from now with Obanor, but I doubt he will have much of a shot at the NBA.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

        Getting more exposure doesn't necessarily translate to a better shot in the NBA. Going to the title game with TT got Mooney 5 NBA games. Umude didn't get invited to any of the pre-draft camps after playing at Arkansas. Time will tell a year from now with Obanor, but I doubt he will have much of a shot at the NBA.
        I agree.The most successful, recent NBA player from the Summit League probably is John Konchar, who stuck with Purdue Fort Wayne and now plays with the Memphis Grizzlies.
        This space for lease.

        Comment


        • just saw that creighton are ranked 1 in big east and think baylor pushed them over the edge in those rankings. 1 of the best transfers on the market and he fits into their starting rotation. looking forward to watching them esp against ND in their second game of the ncaab season.

          Comment


          • Well, Baylor got a haircut, a real grown-up suit, and is helping lead the Bluejays to an undefeated 5-0 mark along with a #10 ranking. Through these games, he's #2 on the team with 26.8 minutes/game played, #4 in scoring at 10.5 ppg, and is actually leading the team in rebounds with 9.4/game. 20-48 (41.7%) from the field, and 13-31 (41.9%) from 3pt range. Stats taken off the Creighton website.

            Creighton just beat #21 Texas Tech tonight 76-65, and goes right into playing #9 Arkansas tomorrow night (does that sound familiar anyone???). After that they have #4 Texas, and a couple games in conference against currently ranked #20 UConn. No one else ranked in the Big East at this point.

            Comment


            • Watching Creighton play Arizona right now. Doesn’t seem like Baylor gets to handle the ball much. Wonder how he feels about that.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                Watching Creighton play Arizona right now. Doesn’t seem like Baylor gets to handle the ball much. Wonder how he feels about that.
                I have watched about 10-15 minutes total of Creighton MBB this year. definitely not enough to be an expert, but i can also see the box scores. if he was COMPLETELY SERIOUS last year about wanting the same role he had with the jacks then you are probably right. he is not happy

                but HE HAD TO KNOW when he choose the blue jays that Nembhard was going to be the main PG. i suspect that he is pretty happy. he is getting to contribute a LOT to a very good team

                i understand that i often say i am going to try to leave a topic and get drawn back to it. i guess that is because, I LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE JACKS and if a topic i do not particularly WANT to talk about is the one with the activity here, i probably get drawn back

                BUT this is very tangentially a jackrabbits topic. as i have said a lot, i wish Baylor the best!!! but i dont want to watch bluejay bball and i dont want to talk about it. i am even mildly annoyed writing this much about a team who is not the jacks and a player who is no longer a jack

                that said i suspect that he is happy and also probably feels that his role is still evolving. you know he was not the same baylor who left brookings the day he arrived. he evolved. and i believe his role with the jays will continue to grow and evolve. i mean he played plenty of minutes in early games but did not score, now his scoring is going up. anyway I WISH HIM THE BEST and i think this is gonna work for him but i also think if you add him to the jacks, the jacks are a borderline top 25 team. as i said before right now it seems like the jacks have a bunch of really good NUMBER 2 guys. looking for a number one

                baylor would be the obvious number one and everyone would fit into a very comfortable role

                that said, i have NO INFO!! i am totally guessing, but i VERY MUCH think that once Hendo knew that baylor was not coming back that he spoke to him and to his old coach about putting a kid he cares about into a good spot. if you watch just a little you see similarities between creighton offense and defense and the jacks offense and defense. baylor looks a lot like a round peg in a round hole. i will leave it at that.......

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

                  I have watched about 10-15 minutes total of Creighton MBB this year. definitely not enough to be an expert, but i can also see the box scores. if he was COMPLETELY SERIOUS last year about wanting the same role he had with the jacks then you are probably right. he is not happy

                  but HE HAD TO KNOW when he choose the blue jays that Nembhard was going to be the main PG. i suspect that he is pretty happy. he is getting to contribute a LOT to a very good team
                  At first glance I thought that might be a nickname for a certain Midco analyst.

                  Regardless, it's the inspiration for the latest Dairy Bar concoction -- Nem-hard flavor ice cream, consisting of chunks of necatarines with the consistency of tailgate lot gravel. Those brave enough to "take it to the hoop" and finish their dessert are rewarded with Newittian quips at the bottom of the pint or the inside of the cone's wrapper (waffle bowl fans will get the proverbial air ball).

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X