X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post

in Summary:

1. you respect McDermott
    2. BS is going close to home (Creighton)
    3. Should come back unless about money
    4. not going to P5 after all

man you write a book when you post! Just sayin
    y'all know i have taken MANY jabs at myself for the inability to consistently write short messages

BUT

anyone who thinks what i write are novels, what have you been reading all your life?

maybe you need to expand your reading experience beyond snap chat, tik tok, twitter, and the story Too Many Daves, by Dr Suess

just sayin))) haha

(this is NOT just to you rise up, and not meant in any way aggressive) believe me my self awareness is solid, i understand that this is just one of many imperfections

Comment

You know I believe I’m done with college sports. If you’re a fan of a small school like SDSU you have absolutely no chance. If you’re lucky enough to recruit these diamonds in the rough these days you’re going to lose them in year two or three anyway so what’s the point? I guess you have to vote for your team to be good but not that good, good enough to win the conference so you can get that one game in the big dance, but not so good that all your good players migrate off chasing in the NBA. This transfer portal business has made it impossible to grow a program into something more.

Comment

So Baylor tweeted he will announce 10am “eastern time”. Does the fact that he put eastern time mean anything? Duke or Clemson?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
          You know I believe I’m done with college sports. If you’re a fan of a small school like SDSU you have absolutely no chance. If you’re lucky enough to recruit these diamonds in the rough these days you’re going to lose them in year two or three anyway so what’s the point? I guess you have to vote for your team to be good but not that good, good enough to win the conference so you can get that one game in the big dance, but not so good that all your good players migrate off chasing in the NBA. This transfer portal business has made it impossible to grow a program into something more.
          There are 12 other guys on the team. I won't have any problem finding something to cheer for next year.

The current system sucks, but you can either be bitter about it or continue to support and cheer for your school with the hand we are dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            So Baylor tweeted he will announce 10am “eastern time”. Does the fact that he put eastern time mean anything? Duke or Clemson?
            Connecticut (ESPN) and most of Creighton's conference mates are in the eastern time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

absolutely! and if it is just about the money then good for him. congratulations on a big payday

if it is correct about UNL then i suspect the part of the deal on the court is gonna be NOT much fun, but good for him and congratulations

it sucks and it is a crappy system, but would not deny him his money for a second
              On another forum, the Creighton NIL deal is reported at 80k and a car. While nothing to sneeze at, it's hardly life changing money. I would think Nebraska could do better but who knows. I've never understood pay for pay, either before it was legal or after. As a business person, I see very little to no value in paying NIL to a college athlete. Maybe the Nebby sycophants aren't that fanatical for MBB.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                I couldn't care less where he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I couldn't care less where he lands.
                  I do. I will cheer for him wherever he ends up. He would be dumb to pass up the money. If he doesnt make the NBA, he already has a great start in life as long as he has someone managing his money. It the life we live in. Get use to it

Comment

Creighton it is

Comment

Scheierman tweets: Creighton

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

On another forum, the Creighton NIL deal is reported at 80k and a car. While nothing to sneeze at, it's hardly life changing money. I would think Nebraska could do better but who knows. I've never understood pay for pay, either before it was legal or after. As a business person, I see very little to no value in paying NIL to a college athlete. Maybe the Nebby sycophants aren't that fanatical for MBB.
                        He's also said he wants to win -- go deep in the NCAAs. That ain't happening at NU, even with Baylor. As a Nebraska beat writer pointed out on radio this morning, by adding Baylor, Creighton becomes a potential Final Four contender. Creighton already was projected as a preseason Top 10.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

And a national writer tweeted last week that agents usually get 15-20 % of NIL money. When this all started 10 days ago, Baylor's agent probably thought he was going to be getting a much larger payday than what he will get.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            If I'm Hendo, I'm in Baylor's ear right now about coming back for one more year and then transferring to a P5 school for his last year to "prove" himself.

As far as SDSU fans? I'm guessing he will be supported no differently than had this not happened. Umude entered the portal and came back once. I don't think he got booed by the USD faithful.

I can't blame Baylor for trying to capitalize monetarily on this thing. It's the system that's a joke. I also agree he's probably getting bad advice from a sleazeball "agent". This is the same jackass that tried to blackmail the Miami booster for more money. He failed miserably.
                            Nobody forced Baylor to choose this sleazeball "agent". Baylor and his family made that decision..

Also love the "Payforhim" comment earlier in the thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=jbjack;n524640]

On another forum, the Creighton NIL deal is reported at 80k and a car. While nothing to sneeze at, it's hardly life changing money. I would think Nebraska could do better but who knows. I've never understood pay for pay, either before it was legal or after. As a business person, I see very little to no value in paying NIL to a college athlete. Maybe the Nebby sycophants aren't that fanatical for MBB.[/QUOT

yes i agree with you. if that is the correct amount, it is a nice payday!! definitely nothing to sneeze at! but probably does fall short of the life changing category. i guess i had some impression that even the smallest NIL package was going to probably double that

i have plenty more thoughts about all of this but i hope we find something new to talk about. i am NOT trying to tell anyone to stop talking about this, or to end this conversation, or have some final word!! i would just love to move on to a different conversation

good luck to baylor.

remember last year when we had one announcer calling Arians, Friedel, and Scheirman the law firm? who would have thought that Alex would be the last one in brookings. It would be nice if he would look around and see that doug and his partners in the law firm are gone and decide that he is going to be aggressive on offense this year!! i believe that he has the ability to score a lot more than he has, especially in the games where he has it falling from outside

Comment

Wouldn't have said this two weeks ago, but I can see myself being more interested in how Noah does at JMU than whatever happens at Creighton.

Comment

Working...
                                X