All About Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

BS is NOT the difference of whether Creighton is a final four team or not!
    If all they were missing was a playmaker bringing the ball up the court, then yes he is the difference. His skills aren't enough to carry a team to the final four, but the are more thank enough to put a team over the threshold
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Its hard not to blame him and future players from leaving. It doesnt help that Mooney, Umude, and Obanor it really worked out well for them.

I use to love Duke, still cheer for them, but the 1 and dones really made me dislike power conference basketball. Its really hard to be excited to watch a team when its all new players on the roster every year. Like you will never have a new scoring record at duke or UNC because kids wont stay very long.

I think we need to think of us like the development league for the power conferences. We are the G league to the NBA in this new alignment.
      mostly with ya here goon. coach K has been my guy for a long time and i have never stop hoping for them to win but i have pretty much quit watching. i bet i have watched 1 or 2 duke games in the last 3 years. it is simply not the same when it is largely a new team every year and almost TOTAL roster turnover every two years. and some are saying maybe the jacks could recruit guys for a year or two while they get ready to go for NIL
      well i think we have both said that might happen. and i will guess that the jacks will continue to find a way to have a successful MBB program even if the system is effed up. but it is just not enjoyable to watch that!!

but i dont think i am with you on the mooney, umude, obanor thought. did it really work for them?? how?

the year mooney left the conference, konchar stayed. konchar has had BY FAR the better nba career. probably the most successful player, nba career wise, to come out of the summit since george hill, when it was not the summit yet.

mooney is not in the league currently and i dont think he has ever had anything like a significant role

and obanor and umude?? did they really improve their nba chances?? i would say absolutely not. they were both potential POY in the summit. they were both role players on a P5 team. my guess is that as far as the nba is concerned, that is exactly what they would have told them would happen

and chances are very very high that is what happens with baylor

last year with the jacks he averaged 16.4 pts 7.8 boards 4.5 assists
      my guess for next year- drops off to about 10 pts a game. not lower than 8.5 not higher than 12
      rebounds down to about 4 a game not more than 5.5
      my guess is assists is the spot he has the best chance to maintain or maybe even go up. if he could up his assists to 5 a game that would seem like a really good year. but i guess he averages 4 or just a hair under

and for everyone who believes that he NEEEEEEDED to do this to IMPROVE his nba chances. i will say it once more! do you really believe that the people running the best basketball league in the world are NOT aware of baylor shierman and have a very good idea what he would likely do in their league???

they know WHO he is. they know WHAT he is. and i bet most of the GMs in the nba could make an extremely good guess what he will do at Creighton and what he would do in the nba.

creighton will be a top 15 team and yes they will have a reasonable chance to make the final four

at the same time, however, if baylor stayed on the rabbits roster, they had a great chance to finish the year as a ranked team, get their highest ncaa seed ever, and have their best chance to not only win a game but make the round of 16 and have a shot at the final 8 if they could catch a little break

so at the end of the day the biggest thing he is getting is MONEY and that is fine, good for him

i am REALLY REALLY hoping that the players he left behind will stop worrying about why he got taken off some award list

and hopefully start taking a bit of offense that their former teammate has publicly stated many times that they were not good enough to help him win games that mattered and go further in the tourney!! because if several of them can play toward the top of their capability instead of the middle this team could still be really really special!!!! and ANYTHING can happen in the ncaa tourney and i am hoping like crazy....

that baylor has a very nice year, but they dont play their best game in the tourney and maybe his NEW teammates are a bit off OR they happen to catch another team that is really hot. because OBVIOUSLY we have all seen teams lose games early in the ncaa that you would NEVER expect and it is NOT out of the range or possiblility that baylors OLD team goes further in the ncaa next spring than his new team does

and that would be wonderful as far as i am concerned. i am NOT talking about revenge. i hope baylor has a good year. and i like creighton and their coach. and i believe they will be good!!! but good teams lose games in the ncaa like the jacks did last year
      and i still think the jacks COULD have a great year next year!!! and that is not about revenge

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

If all they were missing was a playmaker bringing the ball up the court, then yes he is the difference. His skills aren't enough to carry a team to the final four, but the are more thank enough to put a team over the threshold
        The ESPN article that came out yesterday says he is going to play the 4.

Comment

A) Baylor is gone and not coming back.
          B) If it takes 16 paragraphs to state your point for the 23rd time, he still isn't coming back .

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            A) Baylor is gone and not coming back.
            B) If it takes 16 paragraphs to state your point for the 23rd time, he still isn't coming back .

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
            hahaha i was guessing you would be the first one to respond))

yep i agree with you. i would love to move on to a new topic. but i guess there is nothing else to talk about or nobody wants to talk about anything else

i dont care he is not coming back

and yes i have made mostly the same point several times, YET other people continue to make the point which i TOTALLY disagree with that he NEEDED to make this move so that he could play in the nba

so i guess, since there is zero other conversation going on. and people keep making that point, there is a chance that i keep responding

but for your reading pleasure ONE i did include predictions on his statistics for next year, and throw out the thought that it is at least NOT out of the realm of possiblilty that the jacks go farther in the ncaa next year than creighton does

AND i really do not think this post could be accurately described as 7 paragraphs)) haha

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

mostly with ya here goon. coach K has been my guy for a long time and i have never stop hoping for them to win but i have pretty much quit watching. i bet i have watched 1 or 2 duke games in the last 3 years. it is simply not the same when it is largely a new team every year and almost TOTAL roster turnover every two years. and some are saying maybe the jacks could recruit guys for a year or two while they get ready to go for NIL
              well i think we have both said that might happen. and i will guess that the jacks will continue to find a way to have a successful MBB program even if the system is effed up. but it is just not enjoyable to watch that!!

but i dont think i am with you on the mooney, umude, obanor thought. did it really work for them?? how?

the year mooney left the conference, konchar stayed. konchar has had BY FAR the better nba career. probably the most successful player, nba career wise, to come out of the summit since george hill, when it was not the summit yet.

mooney is not in the league currently and i dont think he has ever had anything like a significant role

and obanor and umude?? did they really improve their nba chances?? i would say absolutely not. they were both potential POY in the summit. they were both role players on a P5 team. my guess is that as far as the nba is concerned, that is exactly what they would have told them would happen

my guess for next year- drops off to about 10 pts a game. not lower than 8.5 not higher than 12
              my guess is assists is the spot he has the best chance to maintain or maybe even go up. if he could up his assists to 5 a game that would seem like a really good year. but i guess he averages 4 or just a hair under

and for everyone who believes that he NEEEEEEDED to do this to IMPROVE his nba chances. i will say it once more! do you really believe that the people running the best basketball league in the world are NOT aware of baylor shierman and have a very good idea what he would likely do in their league???

they know WHO he is. they know WHAT he is. and i bet most of the GMs in the nba could make an extremely good guess what he will do at Creighton and what he would do in the nba.

creighton will be a top 15 team and yes they will have a reasonable chance to make the final four

at the same time, however, if baylor stayed on the rabbits roster, they had a great chance to finish the year as a ranked team, get their highest ncaa seed ever, and have their best chance to not only win a game but make the round of 16 and have a shot at the final 8 if they could catch a little break

so at the end of the day the biggest thing he is getting is MONEY and that is fine, good for him

i am REALLY REALLY hoping that the players he left behind will stop worrying about why he got taken off some award list

and hopefully start taking a bit of offense that their former teammate has publicly stated many times that they were not good enough to help him win games that mattered and go further in the tourney!! because if several of them can play toward the top of their capability instead of the middle this team could still be really really special!!!! and ANYTHING can happen in the ncaa tourney and i am hoping like crazy....

that baylor has a very nice year, but they dont play their best game in the tourney and maybe his NEW teammates are a bit off OR they happen to catch another team that is really hot. because OBVIOUSLY we have all seen teams lose games early in the ncaa that you would NEVER expect and it is NOT out of the range or possiblility that baylors OLD team goes further in the ncaa next spring than his new team does

and that would be wonderful as far as i am concerned. i am NOT talking about revenge. i hope baylor has a good year. and i like creighton and their coach. and i believe they will be good!!! but good teams lose games in the ncaa like the jacks did last year
              and i still think the jacks COULD have a great year next year!!! and that is not about revenge
              Can we please implement a character limit?

Comment

[QUOTE=salemjack;n524704]

Can we please implement a character limit?[

Do what i do and dont read it. Way to long.

Comment

Wow guys, you act like there are 500 pages of material to read through every day. Post away LGR, post away!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

because they were major contributors who made a deep run in the tourney. Thats the goal right now. So IMHO that worked out well for them.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      Wow guys, you act like there are 500 pages of material to read through every day. Post away LGR, post away!
                      Agree. There's an easy solution. If you don't wanna read it, don't read it.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Baylor fits in with Creighton or more specifically how they chose to use him. They have a very solid PG and back up they won't want to take off the floor. If Kalkbrenner is healthy from his last game injury they have a very strong back to the basket post. That will plug up some of the driving lanes.

Creighton started off struggling on offense and made their way through defensive effort. Baylor is known for offense and not defense. Kalkbrenner will definitely provide him support defensively but Baylor will have to step it up.

Offensivery he is used to the ball in his hands. The adjustment for everyone involved will be something to keep an eye on. I hope for Creighton it works out.

The last thing, I heard on sports talk that Creighton was full on scholarships before this. I wonder if this was worked into the NIL deal, or if it will affect someone else? Obviously Mason Miller would be the least impacted by lack of scholarship but just another potential issue in this situation.

Comment

http://twitter.com/nflprospectspod/s...19724359454720

It was less than a week ago when I was literally laughed at on this board for even suggesting that Baylor should stay at SDSU and turn down his NIL money. This proves my point that there is more to life than money. I understand that there are many outside factors that play into these decisions, but Tucker may be my current favorite Jackrabbit for the simple comment he makes that the NIL money doesn't beat his pride for putting on the yellow and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

because they were major contributors who made a deep run in the tourney. Thats the goal right now. So IMHO that worked out well for them.
                            very good point!! yes they did all have nice tourney runs! i do not remember, did mooney get drafted?? in my memory i am thinking he did not, but i could definitely be wrong!!

i guess my biggest thought about the tourney run is if baylor had stayed with the jacks, how far apart are they and creighton?? if you put baylor back on the jacks roster and off the creighton roster, i think the jacks are just as likely if not more to make a tourney run

but apparently baylor did not see it that way. apparently his perspective is that the jacks are guaranteed to be one and done. i REALLY REALLY hope all his old teammates are listening!!! the challenge has been issued and i hope ACCEPTED

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                              http://twitter.com/nflprospectspod/s...19724359454720

It was less than a week ago when I was literally laughed at on this board for even suggesting that Baylor should stay at SDSU and turn down his NIL money. This proves my point that there is more to life than money. I understand that there are many outside factors that play into these decisions, but Tucker may be my current favorite Jackrabbit for the simple comment he makes that the NIL money doesn't beat his pride for putting on the yellow and blue.
                              AWESOME!! yes i am with you 2012!! TK just moved way up my list! and while i have said many times here that i would not fault anyone for taking these unique opportunities to get paid significant money, there is definitely way WAY more to life than money

OBVIOUSLY i dont care too much about money, i decided to be a teacher)) haha

i think something that is interesting in both the baylor situation and what tucker said, and i think might become more important than ever, is that one is a SD kid and one is not. and obviously baylor has made a lot of comments about going home. so he has pride in his home state, same as tucker

i want to hope that when these kids get to brookings, that they way they are treated by the state, the town, the coaches and athletic program, and fans makes SDSU feel like home!!! and i do believe for some it does!!!
                              obviously for baylor after a few years here, he had an opportunity to be re recruited by schools in his home state that did not recruit him before and going home still was important

I feel like based on all the comments he has made about his dreams that Kalen Garry feels exactly the same way TK does!! and i am thinking that Joe Sayler could be the same

it will be interesting to see which SD kids will leave if they have the chance?? and what about a kid like TeSlaa coming in from a stone throw over the border?? i am willing to bet that he grew up watching kids who played on the same high school teams that he did or teams very close to him play for the jacks. and the jacks have some type of home school feel for him but if he has a really good year or two and iowa or iowa state come calling????

this NIL deal probably does put more importance on TOTALLY DOMINATING SD recruiting!! if there are kids capable of playing D1 from SD we really need to keep them home

one other thought, we often know when high school kids receive scholarship offers. i wish we could know who all is getting NIL offers!! seems like if somebody enters the portal and signs quickly with another team that there is a chance he had an NIL agreement in place, but obviously there are other reasons that kids go to the portal

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                thanks farmer!
                                and to those of you who feel i am trying to pee in your cheerios or something, or i cause you to feel like you have a very tight knot in your boxer shorts. sorry that is truly NOT the intent!!

yes i have trouble with being brief!!!

but also farmer touches on another thing that i think about OFTEN

we all come here to read and talk about the jacks!!! literally if you combine MBB, WBB, and football we are lucky if there is enough combined material here on a daily basis to amount to one decent sized newspaper article!!!!

SO YES!!! i often try to point out every tiny deviation to a topic that crosses my mind in the hope that it will give us more to talk about

Comment

Working...
                                X