Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

JT Rock receives his second offer from Coach Otz and Iowa State.
    Saw a tweet last week that Iowa was also in Sioux Falls to observe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jack Hastreiter commits to the Jacks.
      Do we get brother Sam too?

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Do we get brother Sam too?
        Sam goes to the Bison. Should be fun to watch those two battle!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jack Hastreiter commits to the Jacks.
          Will walk-on.
          https://nebpreps.com/pius-twins-comm...eague-schools/

Comment

• Looks like Sam is the higher rated of the two, for now. Will be interesting to see how their high school season turns out.

Comment

• Just saw an interview with Hendo that says the plan is to redshirt Broden Lien this season. With Doug's injury history and Appel's tendency to get in foul trouble, I thought they might go with a four-man rotation at the 4 and 5. This would likely change though if one of Wilson, Dent or Appel would get injured.

Comment

• It certainly could change with an injury or two, but this makes good sense.

Comment

• This kind of rim protector will bring a new dimension to the Jacks defense. http://www.twitter.com/WilliamKyleJr...61857507614735

Comment

• yes i am excited about this player also. but some of the reason we have not really had someone who blocks a lot of shots, is that we have NEVER taught that type of defense. at least since coach thorson thru nagy and to the current staff, moving your feet and cutting your man off have been emphasized.

i have no idea what Otz taught. apparently his ISU team is playing some D but i dont think they ever practiced defense when he was here

minus that, however, we have always taught staying in front of your man not moving along beside him. and from the help side we have always tried to take more charges instead of blocking shots.

it does look as if William could be a player who comes from a help position to block shots, but on the video a couple of the blocks come after he allows his man to dribble to the rim instead of cutting him off. it almost appears that he is trying to set it up for the block instead of playing good defense from the beginning. but everything i have seen and heard about him seems very exciting and i am sure Hendo and staff will get him to play better on ball defense while still being able to take advantage of his length and athleticism when he is off the ball

Comment

• Kalen Garry dropped 35 points in a loss against an Arizona prep school with 8 players having P5 offers. It is a shame that our own state schools haven’t offered a local kid with this much talent. Same thing happened to Plitzuweit coming out of high school, and he’s one of USD’s best players now

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                        Kalen Garry dropped 35 points in a loss against an Arizona prep school with 8 players having P5 offers. It is a shame that our own state schools haven’t offered a local kid with this much talent. Same thing happened to Plitzuweit coming out of high school, and he’s one of USD’s best players now
                        I understand the want to keep SD players instate but you never know. It Plitzeweit didn't get recruited by USD what makes you this he was a no miss player out of HS??
                        I do not know if AJ was a complete given. He is quick but anytime you have a PG that handles the ball all ball all the time, run off screens and is "the man"\; you should expect stats. SDSU is a high scoring team but they do not have many QUICK players that play defense.to keep up with him. A.J would not help that. SDSU would have a lot of players that would lose stats with AJ. Him and Amoudi had the ball 66% of the time for USD.
                        I do see the Blake Hoyer miss by SDSU so Gerrry might be that but who knows.

Comment

• I'd like to see Garry recruited as a WR. He was a beast in the game I saw him play against Herried-Selby.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I understand the want to keep SD players instate but you never know. It Plitzeweit didn't get recruited by USD what makes you this he was a no miss player out of HS??
                            I do not know if AJ was a complete given.
                            Saw the kid play. Was two steps quicker than anyone else. That’s more of a miss on USD’s part, as they don’t seem to like to have any local recruits for men’s basketball

Comment

• I think the SDSU team is just in a numbers crunch with the Covid year for Kalen.

Only Doug is graduating. Maybe another spot will open up, but the Jackrabbits don't have an offer to give him, unless they pull one from an existing player, which is not a good look.

Kalen is a good kid, and one heck of an athlete.

Comment

• i saw kalen got an offer from PUGHsd

that will make me sick. i do not want him to go there. but i think you might be correct coach. with every guard coming back and Zeke being a freshman we may not have anything to offer. i feel like it is hard to say for sure that kalen is a cannot miss D1 kid, but it seems like he could be. he just had the success against the AZ team, good indicator but not guarantee. doubt he would go D2 now that he has D1 offer but i am sure if he went to NSU he would tear it up. he has that feel of an NSU type kid if he does not go D1

obviously new UND coach has SD connections. has the bruns kid from DV. would not be surprised to see them get in on kalen

Comment

Working...
                                X