No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalen has always wanted to be a Jackrabbit. I hope there is someway to make it happen.

Comment

• Well i have had kids in the past who have asked if they could walk on. and i have had one told yes and one told no. but if they really think they cannot use any more scholarship room for a guard, i could see a conversation like- we do not have a scholarship at the moment and you can see the kids we have coming back, but if you want to walk on and be a great teammate and bust your tail in practice and see what happens we would be happy to have you here

i have seen a LOT of kids be insulted by the no scholarship thing. had a former player who was asked to walk on and was insulted, instead he took a $500 from augie. still cost him double. i do not know the current MBB coaching staff at all really so i cannot guess very well what their position would be in a case like that

but i know we have had an awful lot of great FB and MBB players who started as walk ons, so if he really wants to go there more than any other place then he can contact the coaches and it would definitely NOT be an insult if they said they currently have baylor, noah, alex, zeke, and charley and more on the roster already. obviously alex only has one more year if he wants it

but i feel like a lot of kids will go to the scholarship even if they really do not like the school or the program

Comment

• if i were coaching kalen and he said that was the place he most wants to go, i would tell him to ask. no reason you have to wait for the school to ask you. and if they ask him to walk on then give it a try. obviously we all see it is not like you cannot transfer later if you get there and do not think it is going to work. obviously i have no idea about his financial situation. for some kids the scholarship is a lot more important than others. but i also think i have heard he is an excellent student so he can probably get a big chunk of other scholarships, he is eligible for a couple grand a year just for living in SD assuming that his grades are at least average

Comment

• Kalen Garry seems to be a scholarship-worthy player. It's highly doubtful the Jacks would get him as a walk-on. The Jacks should free up a scholly, if necessary, and go after him. Don't let him slip to USD.
          This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Kalen Garry seems to be a scholarship-worthy player. It's highly doubtful the Jacks would get him as a walk-on. The Jacks should free up a scholly, if necessary, and go after him. Don't let him slip to USD.
            Maybe they have 3-4 guys better? We have a kickass team now, why start doubting? Trust the coaches

Comment

• Here are the 4 most recent SD players who didn’t initially get offered by SD schools, but had offers from other D1 schools:

Noah Freidel (we know what he can do)
              Justin Hohn - UC Irvine, 6.9 PPG at a solid mid major
              AJ Plitzuweit - key starter at USD when healthy
              Paul Bruns - UND - 13.6 PPG as a freshman

It is pretty apparent that SD schools are undervaluing SD players for the most part. All 4 of these players would be solid rotation pieces at the very least for either team, yet none got an offer initially. However, I do think Zeke Mayo is going to be a conference player of the year type, so it might not matter for SDSU….

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                Here are the 4 most recent SD players who didn’t initially get offered by SD schools, but had offers from other D1 schools:

Noah Freidel (we know what he can do)
                Justin Hohn - UC Irvine, 6.9 PPG at a solid mid major
                AJ Plitzuweit - key starter at USD when healthy
                Paul Bruns - UND - 13.6 PPG as a freshman

It is pretty apparent that SD schools are undervaluing SD players for the most part. All 4 of these players would be solid rotation pieces at the very least for either team, yet none got an offer initially. However, I do think Zeke Mayo is going to be a conference player of the year type, so it might not matter for SDSU….
                Interesting side note is that all 4 played in the same conference in high school, the Dakota XII. The same conference also produced Tony Fiegen, Chad White & Josh Mueller, among others.
                USD Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by hareball View Post

Interesting side note is that all 4 played in the same conference in high school, the Dakota XII. The same conference also produced Tony Fiegen, Chad White & Josh Mueller, among others.
                  My hometown left the Dakota XII because the coaches are scared of having strong competition. Sioux Falls Christian, Madison, and Dakota Valley would compete for titles in AA for most sports every year.

Comment

• Looks like Garry is going to be a Jackrabbit!

I am excited to announce my commitment to further my academic and athletic career at SDSU! I thank my family, teammates, coaches and community for all the support! Go Jacks!

https://twitter.com/kalen_garry/stat...64894665719809

Comment

• Yes sir! BLUE STATE

Comment

• I guess that answers that.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Ive known since last Thursday and boy was it hard to keep quiet. I talk to his dad almost everyday through work. This is his dream. His dad said he has so much rabbit stuff. I think if we wouldnt have offered he still wouldnt have gone to usd. But who knows. We continue to get the best in the state

Comment

• Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Ive known since last Thursday and boy was it hard to keep quiet. I talk to his dad almost everyday through work. This is his dream. His dad said he has so much rabbit stuff. I think if we wouldnt have offered he still wouldnt have gone to usd. But who knows. We continue to get the best in the state
                            This is awesome to see. Hopefully he enjoys his time as a student-athlete even more than he did being a fan

Comment

• Did we offer him a scholarship or just a roster spot?

Comment

• The successful recruitment of Kalen Garry - regardless of how much effort it required - is a plus for Jacks. Hooray!
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X