Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The successful recruitment of Kalen Garry - regardless of how much effort it required - is a plus for Jacks. Hooray!
    Many years probably in the making. Making him a fan from a young age.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      Did we offer him a scholarship or just a roster spot?
      Currently have 12 on scholarship. Wilson graduates leaving 11 IF everyone else returns , Te Slaa and Kyle come in to get to the 13 limit. Hastreiter is starting out as a walk-on. We have had at least one scholarship player not return for the last few years, so there is a decent chance that a scholarship spot could open up, but not guaranteed at this point. Unless the coaches know something we don't.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Looks like Garry is going to be a Jackrabbit!

        I am excited to announce my commitment to further my academic and athletic career at SDSU! I thank my family, teammates, coaches and community for all the support! Go Jacks!

        lhttps://twitter.com/kalen_garry/stat...64894665719809
        I am glad thet Gerry is going to be a Jackrabbit.
        I was a little disappointed that he didn't play a little better against Sioux Valley at the Entringer Classic. I know that DeSmet won and that is what matters but he was arguebally DeSmet's third best player IN THAT GAME.
        Sioux Valley MIGHT be a little down this year but if they win games like that without Gerry trying, it is another good year in DeSmet.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 91jack View Post

          I am glad thet Gerry is going to be a Jackrabbit.
          I was a little disappointed that he didn't play a little better against Sioux Valley at the Entringer Classic. I know that DeSmet won and that is what matters but he was arguebally DeSmet's third best player IN THAT GAME.
          Sioux Valley MIGHT be a little down this year but if they win games like that without Gerry trying, it is another good year in DeSmet.
          Wow, tough crowd. Seen lots of very good players have average games, but can't say that I've ever thought it was because they weren't trying.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

            Wow, tough crowd. Seen lots of very good players have average games, but can't say that I've ever thought it was because they weren't trying.
            Sorry, I misspoke about not trying. He just didn't have to do much to carry his team.
            Sioux Valley did play a diamond and one or helped out on him most/all of the game, too. I'm not saying that he played bad.
            I guess it is just great that he has several other good players on his team. If teams try to stop him, the rest of the team can all make the plays to win the game. You have a DI recruit that only has to score 20% of your team points and you can win big games.
            Last edited by 91jack; 01-04-2022, 12:47 PM.

            Comment


            • Kalen Garry and DeSmet will play for the Class B Title tonight. He's had a nice tournament so far, averaging 14 PPG, 6.5 RPG, and 5.5 APG through the first two games.

              Joe Sayler and White River will play for 3rd Place. Sayler is very impressive and is much bigger than I thought. He scored 43 in game one and 23 last night.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                Kalen Garry and DeSmet will play for the Class B Title tonight. He's had a nice tournament so far, averaging 14 PPG, 6.5 RPG, and 5.5 APG through the first two games.

                Joe Sayler and White River will play for 3rd Place. Sayler is very impressive and is much bigger than I thought. He scored 43 in game one and 23 last night.
                Joe's put on quite a bit of muscle the past year or so. He's springy.

                Comment


                • Curious to see how these open roster spots are utilized. With the transfer of Wingett and Freidel we are currently at 12 scholarships and 2 walk-ons for next year. According to Verbal Commits we currently only have 2 offers on the table. Mak Manciel who is a '21 graduate and currently playing at Henry Ford Junior College. The other is '23 Donavhan Cain who is out of WI and playing for Cretin-Derham Hall High School. Will we try and get an impact transfer for next season, give the extra scholarship to Jack Hastreiter who was currently planning on grey shirting, or will we stand pat?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                    Curious to see how these open roster spots are utilized. With the transfer of Wingett and Freidel we are currently at 12 scholarships and 2 walk-ons for next year. According to Verbal Commits we currently only have 2 offers on the table. Mak Manciel who is a '21 graduate and currently playing at Henry Ford Junior College. The other is '23 Donavhan Cain who is out of WI and playing for Cretin-Derham Hall High School. Will we try and get an impact transfer for next season, give the extra scholarship to Jack Hastreiter who was currently planning on grey shirting, or will we stand pat?
                    Manciel is an interesting player. Jacks and KC were his only offers a year ago. Likely went the JUCO route to try and drum up more interest. Was POY in his conference, and his team went to the national championship game. 6'1 guard who looks like an explosive offensive player. According to Verbal Commits he recently got an offer from Central Michigan, who would be close to home but only won 7 games. Hendo and Klink still follow him on Twitter, so it appears that we are still interested.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                      Curious to see how these open roster spots are utilized. With the transfer of Wingett and Freidel we are currently at 12 scholarships and 2 walk-ons for next year. According to Verbal Commits we currently only have 2 offers on the table. Mak Manciel who is a '21 graduate and currently playing at Henry Ford Junior College. The other is '23 Donavhan Cain who is out of WI and playing for Cretin-Derham Hall High School. Will we try and get an impact transfer for next season, give the extra scholarship to Jack Hastreiter who was currently planning on grey shirting, or will we stand pat?
                      I'd like to see us add a big to attempt to replace Doug. I'm not sold on Appel or Dent as our main post piece.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

                        I'd like to see us add a big to attempt to replace Doug. I'm not sold on Appel or Dent as our main post piece.
                        Broden Lien and Wm Kyle III may show something as freshmen. Appel or Dent could also come back next year with increased talents. Appel brought considerable improvement this year.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                        Comment


                        • Apple could move into starting spot for Doug, dent has enough experience but he is steady presence. Seems like providence was his worst game i can ever recall.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                          Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                          Comment


                          • Matthew Mors officially into the portal. Would be fun to land him, but obviously a long shot. I watched an introduction video on him from the Wisconsin twitter page at the beginning of the season, and he mentioned his girlfriend at the time attended SDSU. Would be about our only shot.

                            Comment


                            • I don’t think it’s a long shot.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                                Matthew Mors officially into the portal. Would be fun to land him, but obviously a long shot. I watched an introduction video on him from the Wisconsin twitter page at the beginning of the season, and he mentioned his girlfriend at the time attended SDSU. Would be about our only shot.
                                It is not a long shot. Not surprised he’s leaving Wisconsin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X