X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

I thought Kraft is pretty highly touted coming in? Is he actually coming in as a walk-on / greyshirt?
    If I remember correctly he also had a Oregon State offer.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

I don't know. He apparently has family ties to SDSU. Regardless of his scholarship status, I'm glad he's becoming a Jack.
    and his high school coach is Tylee Irwin's dad. I had the same impression about him being pretty highly regarded

on a related future roster note. i did not get to watch that much of the SD boys state tourneys. did they say where the big kid from DeSmet is going?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

I thought Kraft is pretty highly touted coming in? Is he actually coming in as a walk-on / greyshirt?
    I don't know. He apparently has family ties to SDSU. Regardless of his scholarship status, I'm glad he's becoming a Jack.

Leave a comment:

• naters_gonna_nate
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I'm not sure that Hastreiter and Kraft are on scholarship. I thought they were walk-ons.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    I'm not sure that Hastreiter and Kraft are on scholarship. I thought they were walk-ons.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

If that is the case, wouldn't we be over the limit based on the post above which shows 13 players on scholarship not including Hastreiter?
    We will be at 14 next year if everyone stays. One of the incoming freshmen would likely walk-on. One would think that Hastreiter would be on scholarship.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I believe that was the plan when he was recruited. But when Baylor, Freidel and Wingett all left early, there were only 13 players on the roster this season. Which makes it likely that he is already on scholarship.
    If that is the case, wouldn't we be over the limit based on the post above which shows 13 players on scholarship not including Hastreiter?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
    I was always under the impression that Hastreiter was going to walk-on for his freshman year, then be put on scholarship after that?
    I believe that was the plan when he was recruited. But when Baylor, Freidel and Wingett all left early, there were only 13 players on the roster this season. Which makes it likely that he is already on scholarship.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    I was always under the impression that Hastreiter was going to walk-on for his freshman year, then be put on scholarship after that?

Leave a comment:

• HoboJack
    replied
    Or like some of the P5 schools are doing, a player gets their NIL contract, and pays their own way for school. They count against the roster limit, but not the scholarship limit.

The NCAA can’t really stop that, since the schools and coaches “aren’t allowed” to direct NIL payments - by NCAA bylaws anyway.

Which is all very sketchy to begin with since there is no way a KU NIL collective is offering money to a recruit that Bill Self has not indicated would warrant a roster spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
    How are we going to get in a transfer?

For next year on scholarship we have:

Mims
    Appel
    Easley
    Mayo
    Mors
    Kyle
    Te Slaa
    Lien
    Garry
    Sayler
    Alvarez
    Whorton
    Kraft

Hastreiter isn’t a scholarship player, but that still leaves the Jacks at 13 scholarship players. Would someone be asked to transfer from the team “voluntarily”? That has happened at other schools and here in the past. Could someone go off athletic scholarship and get aid another way, like Dentlinger did?
    The Jacks had 13 players on the roster this season.so Hastreiter likely is on scholarship. If nobody leaves before next season, we would be at 14 which likely means that one of the incoming freshmen will grayshirt and walk on for a year.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    How are we going to get in a transfer?

For next year on scholarship we have:

Mims
    Appel
    Easley
    Mayo
    Mors
    Kyle
    Te Slaa
    Lien
    Garry
    Sayler
    Alvarez
    Whorton
    Kraft

Hastreiter isn’t a scholarship player, but that still leaves the Jacks at 13 scholarship players. Would someone be asked to transfer from the team “voluntarily”? That has happened at other schools and here in the past. Could someone go off athletic scholarship and get aid another way, like Dentlinger did?

Edit: I personally don’t want to see anybody who is working hard and contributing kicked off the team to bring a new guy in. It is something that happens in college sports though.
    Last edited by DieselJacks; 03-22-2023, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    I am hearing Jacks have reached out to Walters but he is likely UND/NDSU… we shall see. Visits will be taken.

Leave a comment:

• sbruce65
    replied
    Jacks should get their hat in the ring to Mason Walters up at Jamestown. He has entered the portal. For a long time, I thought he was better than Grant Nelson in the years prior to this one. Eli King also enters the portal, bet he and his brother Noah will be a package deal somewhere. Winona like Owen?

Leave a comment:

• wcbsas
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i think more than anythiing it depends what the draft people tell him. i do not think it is automatic that he would go to another school if he decides to stay in college!! he is a ND kid, like Tucker is a SD kid, and he is obviously getting plenty of nba attention exactly where he is at. plus NDSU is not afraid to schedule tough in OOC and the summit will be a better league next year. NOT saying it will be the big east or something, but there were a LOT of young teams this year. i think ORU will still be solid. they will probably get at least one good transfer to go with mcbride and mwamba and phipps could be good with more time.

we obviously played a lot of young guys this year who will be more seasoned and ready next year. despite what others think about us being short of talent i think we will look quite a bit better next year. umkc had a bunch of young guys who look like they could be very good. und was pretty much led by a couple freshman.. if tevon smith can stay healthy next year, him and brunner and the 6'6 freshman guard mullins could be the best group of guards in the league
    But Nelson is no guarantee beyond college and going somewhere getting, say $100k, would be a nice payday … besides what else does he have to prove at NDSU … go to Nebraska or Minnesota play in the B1G and prove that you’re an NBA caliber player.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X