X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
    David Jenkins Jr. is also back in the transfer portal.....I don’t think he fits the current SDSU team as well as he did with Daum
    I know where he won't go and that is Iowa State. Sounds like him and TJ had a falling out and he was not welcome back at UNLV if TJ had stayed. Article in the Las Vegas newspaper yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• tbcruiser
    replied
    Um,, no, he'd mix like oil in water I'm afraid,

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    David Jenkins Jr. is also back in the transfer portal.....I don’t think he fits the current SDSU team as well as he did with Daum

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
    Caleb Grill in the ol transfer portal. It'll be interesting to see if he continues to follow Otz everywhere (back to ISU for round 2) or does his own thing. If I'm Hendo I give him a call and tell him to come run the Summit League with Baylor, Freidel, and Wilson. We're going to have a hell of a better team than Iowa State next year again anyways.
    This is worth a try. Bridges are often burned with a transfer. I don’t think Otz would stand in the way. I wonder how fans will react towards his return to ISU.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    if i am seeing correctly- not much experience with this- 247 is saying that grill is 100% going to iowa st.

i had a lengthy post all typed up about this ( surprising? RIGHT, that i would have a lengthy post ) questioning both the player and the coach, but it sounded a lot more negative than i intended it to and i did not know how to say it without it sounding that way

so kinda decided if cannot say something nice keep my mouth shut

SOOOOO, i wish both of them the best but there is a lot about all these moves that seems strange and hard to understand

also, 247 saying usd getting a guard who is transfering from wisconsin
    Yotes transfer is Walt McGrory, guard from Edina, MN. Looked like he was a walk-on at Wisconsin - scored total of 30 points in 4 years. Only got in one game this year for one minute. Not sure if he was injured, or just got passed by scholarship players.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    if i am seeing correctly- not much experience with this- 247 is saying that grill is 100% going to iowa st.

i had a lengthy post all typed up about this ( surprising? RIGHT, that i would have a lengthy post ) questioning both the player and the coach, but it sounded a lot more negative than i intended it to and i did not know how to say it without it sounding that way

so kinda decided if cannot say something nice keep my mouth shut

SOOOOO, i wish both of them the best but there is a lot about all these moves that seems strange and hard to understand

also, 247 saying usd getting a guard who is transfering from wisconsin

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
    Caleb Grill in the ol transfer portal. It'll be interesting to see if he continues to follow Otz everywhere (back to ISU for round 2) or does his own thing. If I'm Hendo I give him a call and tell him to come run the Summit League with Baylor, Freidel, and Wilson. We're going to have a hell of a better team than Iowa State next year again anyways.
    He has already used up a no sit transfer season, so it remains to be seen if he is given another one, or has to sit for a season.

Leave a comment:

• naters_gonna_nate
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    Parker Fox seems like he wants to go to Minnesota, and has a very long list of power conference suitors. Mason Stark and Andrew Kallman are also on the transfer portal, and those seem like plausible options for the Jacks. Both extremely good guards

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Just saw a tweet that Parker Fox from Northern State has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. Just saw brief parts of a few of their games, and he looked to be a pretty athletic 6'8 that could help a lot of teams.
    Since it's all free on Roku I've seen almost every Lindenwood game this year plus a lot of other GLVC games. Highlight videos are not accurate but Parker Fox looks better than any of the D2 players I've seen this year. Think he'd be a beast in there.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    well if for whatever reason he doesnt end up a jackrabbit, i could see him being a great fit and having an excellent career at northern. they have always seemed to really try to get the SD kids and have had a lot of success doing that obviously. not that usf, augie, etc do not have SD kids but it feels like to me northern always has a much higher % of their roster being local kids

seems like a good kid and he is definitely FUN to watch, so if not a jack, at least could keep an eye on him at northern. i would much rather see him there than vermillion!!!!

would be very cool it it could work that way, to see the jacks in a few years go to the ncaa and have success with one starting guard from white river SD and the other from de smet SD

that all said, i think the jacks do an INCREDIBLE job of trying to be as local as possible!! and i am very happy watching them succeed with kids from nebraska, iowa, and minnesota. getting SD kids is an excellent goal, but i am glad they do NOT prioritize that above getting the best kids they can possibly get, obviously the idea of competition is to compete to the BEST of your ability!!! i never would be happy if they jacks attitude became well this is the best we can do with SD kids

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

I know his dad and Kalen also has an offer from Northern. SDSU and usd have talked to him. He wants to be a Jackrabbit.
    Is he a possible grey shirt or walk-on?

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Has an offer from USF officially, but it seems like he should be getting better offers than that, good shooter and has some athleticism
    I know his dad and Kalen also has an offer from Northern. SDSU and usd have talked to him. He wants to be a Jackrabbit.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    yeah i like garry a LOT. and i really like the idea of this kind of kid being a jackrabbit. to me players like him and sayler were born to be jackrabbits- the small town rural kids kind of are what sdsu is about. if they can play at this level they are kind of modern day versions of steve brown, make tetzlaff, don jacobsen, the thomases, etc...i have absolutely NOTHING against city kids!!! and obviously we had a great one from st cloud, and plenty from chicago area, sioux falls, etc

but at the foundation sdsu is an ag school and i still think a school with small town values. as a coach and teacher i have had LOTS of kids visit both sdsu and usd. maybe you dont realize but when kids visit usd they actually make fun of sdsu for having kids who wear cowboy boots and hats and for having places in the dorms where kids can clean ducks or pheasants or fish, etc.. i ALWAYS wonder what in the hell do they think that SD in their name stands for??

anyway, i am obviously a bit old fashioned and romanticize some of those things. dont need too much discussion of that i FULLY know there is good and bad to everything

BUT if kids like kalen garry can be successful at this level then i think it is really important that we have them staying at sdsu. that said i do think he looks VERY GOOD but i do not think de smet has played up very much if at all so i do not know what exposure he has had beyond class B competition. that said he has ALWAYS played very well against the best competition at the state tournament, including 2 year ago as a freshman against D! athlete chase mason and some other very good athletes on that squad

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied
    Kalen Garry is a no brainer, IMO.

6'2" or 6'3" He's well built, and has room on his frame to add more weight.

He shot 56% from the field this past season. (and 47% from 3)

He goes to the hoop as well with his left hand as his right. (and he's right handed). In fact, he usually attacks people left, he looks like a lefty out there.

Sayler is a bit taller...and has a bit more to grow. But Garry is more polished in just about all areas, and is an impressive on defense as well.

I like both kids. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X