X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacks1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Actually yes I could take a different job and make more money, but I have worked here since college and I enjoy the environment and flexibility. Not everything in this world is about money. My point was you said SDSU couldn't offer any of those things to Baylor, well they couldn't when he decided to come here in high school either so what has changed?
    When Baylor decided to commit to SDSU he was not on the NBA radar whatsoever. Also there was no NIL money available and transfer rules were stricter. So I'd say a few things have changed...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Lmao...would you remain loyal to your current employer if another came along and offered you a six-figure raise? Not to mention the exposure that can lead to generational wealth. This isn't that hard people...

Actually yes I could take a different job and make more money, but I have worked here since college and I enjoy the environment and flexibility. Not everything in this world is about money. My point was you said SDSU couldn't offer any of those things to Baylor, well they couldn't when he decided to come here in high school either so what has changed?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Maybe Dana can pay him a million dollars to do some commercials if he stays at SDSU.

Thats impressive. I hope he chooses Duke. That would be special chance that would be hard to pass up.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Baylor is gonna make some serious cash playing ball over the next year or two, this is one hell of a list...

Jeff Goodman on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com
    “BAYLOR SCHEIERMAN: MOST COVETED IN TRANSFER PORTAL HISTORY This is who has reached out in 16 hours: Duke UK KU Baylor Zags UNC AZ UCLA Mich St Ark Louisville Maryland Creighton Wisc Florida West Va Oregon Texas BYU Memphis Texas Tech Alabama Miss St Wake Texas A&M Clemson”
    Wow, that's quite the list. Goodbye Baylor, it's been fun.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I don't completely agree with this comment. You act like SDSU has nothing to offer. Why didn't Kentucky offer him out of High School then? SDSU saw something in Baylor and spend three years training him for Kentucky to reap the benefits. I know this is the world we live in but sometimes you can show loyalty to the school who got you there....that's not against the rules.
    Lmao...would you remain loyal to your current employer if another came along and offered you a six-figure raise? Not to mention the exposure that can lead to generational wealth. This isn't that hard people...

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Not only that, but maybe...just maybe he wants to play versus the best competition in the country and for one of the most prolific teams in college basketball history. But ya know...SDSU can offer all that.

I don't completely agree with this comment. You act like SDSU has nothing to offer. Why didn't Kentucky offer him out of High School then? SDSU saw something in Baylor and spend three years training him for Kentucky to reap the benefits. I know this is the world we live in but sometimes you can show loyalty to the school who got you there....that's not against the rules.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Baylor is gonna make some serious cash playing ball over the next year or two, this is one hell of a list...
    Not only that, but maybe...just maybe he wants to play versus the best competition in the country and for one of the most prolific teams in college basketball history. But ya know...SDSU can offer all that.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied
    “BAYLOR SCHEIERMAN: MOST COVETED IN TRANSFER PORTAL HISTORY This is who has reached out in 16 hours: Duke UK KU Baylor Zags UNC AZ UCLA Mich St Ark Louisville Maryland Creighton Wisc Florida West Va Oregon Texas BYU Memphis Texas Tech Alabama Miss St Wake Texas A&M Clemson”

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by peavy View Post

According to an article recently posted in The Athletic, Baylor is represented by the same agent (Austin Walton) as the above player -- Nijel Pack.
    The article (written by Kyle Tucker who covers UK basketball) mostly discusses a potential connection with Baylor and Kentucky because the agent is a huge fan. Here are some excerpts

“That moved real quick,” agent Austin Walton said. “We have a high level of interest and I think the interest is mutual. The exposure of Kentucky basketball and the tradition there is something that appeals to Baylor. Their history of development and draft picks is something that’s very enticing for Baylor. It’s a lot of what we’re looking for.”

Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, Arizona, UCLA, Florida, Baylor, Texas, Memphis, Alabama, Louisville and Michigan State have shown serious interest, Walton said. “It’s everyone. Everyone wants this kid.”

“This is going to move fast,” Walton said. More than 30 schools reached out in the first 18 hours, but Scheierman plans to cut his list to 10 or fewer by Wednesday. It is likely Kentucky will make that cut.

“He wants to play for a winner. He wants the big stage. He wants the exposure,” Walton said. “He wants someone who is going to coach him hard and develop him to become an NBA player, whether that’s this year or next year. He wants to play with other really good players, because that unlocks him. He wants to showcase his versatility, show exactly who he is and a place that is going to allow him to be Baylor.”

"... at the end of the day, it has to be the right fit for him. He needs to know how you’re going to use him, how serious you are about him, what you’re going to do when he gets there, how you’re going to develop him."

Walton also represents Nijel Pack, another elite transfer from Kansas State who picked Miami and signed a two-year, $800,000 name, image and likeness deal in the process. Kentucky should be an enticing option for Scheierman from an NIL perspective as one of college basketball’s leaders in that space. Both Washington and Sharpe earned around a half-million dollars in just a few months at UK, and Tshiebwe, after navigating the challenges of an international student visa, is expected to rake in seven figures. Even so, the Cats will have stiff competition to land Scheierman.
    again, if it is about the MONEY then good for him and his family!!!! i would never deny him, OR ANY KID, the right to grab that kind of money for himself and his family!! that is life changing!!!

but that is going to be the ruin of college sports. pretty much already is, as far as i am concerned. but these kids should absolutely take advantage of that system as long as it is in place!!

everything else about this totally sucks. if baylor is good enough to play in the nba he does not need kentucky in order to get there. and there is NOTHING new that he is going to do for kentucky. just another forgettable good player, like many many before him who have come and gone and are totally irrelevant and forgotten

whereas at sdsu he would have had a chance to help the school that believed in him and invested in him to do some incredible things that they had never done before.

if this will be the new norm then college basketball will be the new cba. a bunch of teams that are almost completely new EVERY year. and a bunch of players that are just looking for the next thing that they are going to do with no real loyalty or care about their team or teammates. and it is usually a very selfish, individual, style of play. NOT the selflessness and team play that we are used to seeing at sdsu. there wont be a bunch of games each year with assists on half the made baskets any more

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by peavy View Post

According to an article recently posted in The Athletic, Baylor is represented by the same agent (Austin Walton) as the above player -- Nijel Pack.
    The article (written by Kyle Tucker who covers UK basketball) mostly discusses a potential connection with Baylor and Kentucky because the agent is a huge fan. Here are some excerpts

“That moved real quick,” agent Austin Walton said. “We have a high level of interest and I think the interest is mutual. The exposure of Kentucky basketball and the tradition there is something that appeals to Baylor. Their history of development and draft picks is something that’s very enticing for Baylor. It’s a lot of what we’re looking for.”

Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, Arizona, UCLA, Florida, Baylor, Texas, Memphis, Alabama, Louisville and Michigan State have shown serious interest, Walton said. “It’s everyone. Everyone wants this kid.”

“This is going to move fast,” Walton said. More than 30 schools reached out in the first 18 hours, but Scheierman plans to cut his list to 10 or fewer by Wednesday. It is likely Kentucky will make that cut.

“He wants to play for a winner. He wants the big stage. He wants the exposure,” Walton said. “He wants someone who is going to coach him hard and develop him to become an NBA player, whether that’s this year or next year. He wants to play with other really good players, because that unlocks him. He wants to showcase his versatility, show exactly who he is and a place that is going to allow him to be Baylor.”

"... at the end of the day, it has to be the right fit for him. He needs to know how you’re going to use him, how serious you are about him, what you’re going to do when he gets there, how you’re going to develop him."

Walton also represents Nijel Pack, another elite transfer from Kansas State who picked Miami and signed a two-year, $800,000 name, image and likeness deal in the process. Kentucky should be an enticing option for Scheierman from an NIL perspective as one of college basketball’s leaders in that space. Both Washington and Sharpe earned around a half-million dollars in just a few months at UK, and Tshiebwe, after navigating the challenges of an international student visa, is expected to rake in seven figures. Even so, the Cats will have stiff competition to land Scheierman.
    It would be interesting to find out what the agent is going to get from the program that lands him. Do they get a cut of the NIL money ? The slime that is connected with the high-end of the whole NIL / transfer portal situation is both predictable and nauseating.

Leave a comment:

• peavy
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    A K-State guard who was first team All-Big 12 just got an $800,000 NIL package over 2 years to transfer to Miami. I don't think Baylor gets that kind of money, but it wouldn't be surprising if he gets six-figure NIL offers, which would be more than he would get as a second round draft pick. I think many will be surprised when we see the list of interested schools.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
    All the reason why SDSU needs to get into the valley
    The Valley would not have prevented Baylor from going into the portal. The Valley is a shadow of its former self and will likely be a one bid league going forward. Zero interest in moving to the Valley.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied
    Its sad to see Baylor go but you can't blame him for chasing his dream. The current transfer rules and NIL opportunities make that all too easy to happen.

One could argue that the transfer portal has been very good to Jacks MBB. There have been a lot of impactful players that have come to us via portal. There is no reason why that shouldn't continue. We have a good thing going and that will continue to attract good players.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    I am pretty sure this kind of crap is why coach K and coach Wright decided to hang up their whistles. and it is just more of the progression that made me stop watching the nba and pretty much all college sports except for the rabbits

YES absolutely 100% these kids have every right to pursue what is best for them and their family. but if this is about the nba it is grotesquely STUPID and somebody is giving him terrible advice!! the best players are going to be playing in the nba and it makes ZERO difference where they go to college!! IT NEVER HAS!!

there have been multiple players in the nba from naia schools. do you really think that some other larry birds and magic johnsons or even john stocktons were out playing in city leagues some place because somehow the nba could not find them???

if baylor is good enough to play in the nba then he will and if he is not then he wont. if he wants to keep playing hoops for money there are more opportinities for that than ever. and he could make excellent money for as long as he wants playing outside the nba. and if that does not work out, then heaven forbid he makes a living doing something other than playing a game like almost everyone else in the world.

if it is about the money. well like i said, just further progression of the selfishness and stupidity that makes me not watch much sports any more. OF COURSE if he can make tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. that gets pretty tough to pass up

for a kid who is a borderline nba guy at best if he can really make big money because of NIL then we are really in trouble. because that is going to make it almost impossible to ever keep the next nate wolters or mike daum for more than a year or two

would be very very hard to pass up that type of money. and i do not see how it would be possible to be upset at a kid for taking it!!! who of us would not take it if we had the chance. but if that is the case i will probably be done watching the rabbits too. the world IS NOT and SHOULD NOT be all about money. but maybe the lawyers and the ncaa have found a way to make college sports or probably football and MBB and some other things to a far far smaller degree all about money

so anyway if it is about the money, then good luck baylor!! i hope you get a huge payday!! but if it is about the nba well i am sorry, i love baylor!! but he is NOT a better player than wolters or daum or benson or mooney or konchar. none of those GREAT players made it in any big way or made it at all in the nba. and moving to a different school and different league WILL NOT MAKE A TINY DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE

the jacks will be absolutely totally fine!!! they have had many many great players come and go and they continue to have an amazing mbb program year after year!!! but if they are going to become just another one and done or two and done place like the rest of college basketball..... well i dont even know what but it will not be the same in the worst possible way!!!

and if it is gonna go this way, is it just a matter of time until the money grubbers will ruin wbb and everything else?? or have they decided that football and mbb are where the money is at and they do not care about the rest?

so i hope it all works out for baylor. and truly if he is going for the money, i cannot blame him!!! but he is the FIRST player we have ever lost when he really had no reason to go (school, sports, team, teammate wise) and while that door might have been opened eventually, if that is the path mbb is on, the player who opened that door is going to be remembered with at least a mildly harsh light.
    Agreed on the NBA part of this. If that is what he's transferring for, that's bad advice.

If however, it's for NIL money or playing for a Blue Blood, then it's a good move. There isn't a school in the nation (yes, even the Duke's and the Kentucky's) that wouldn't make room for Baylor, the question would really come down to what role they'd have him in.

Sad to hear he's leaving (not going to tease myself with "technically he could come back"), but I'm glad I got to see him in a Jackrabbit uniform for 3 years. Don't fault him for his decision and wish him nothing but the best. He represented the University with class while he was here.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

John Konchar currently plays in the NBA for the Memphis Grizzlies and makes $2.2 million a year. That's not too bad.
    nope you are right!! not too bad!!

i think some of the other players i mentioned might be in the league also. and as i also said in that post, i really DO NOT watch the nba, so maybe i am more wrong than i thought.

is konchar actually playing? or just on the roster. and still 2.2 mill is good pay no matter what role he has

but while maybe i am more wrong than i know, i doubt it. and i think you see my point. i dont think most of them anyway are thriving in the nba. i still think baylor is borderline at best to make any significant contribution in the nba. and i still maintain that if he can play there they will find him. and what you say about konchar only proves that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X