GDT: The Fighting Leathernecks of Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: The Fighting Leathernecks of Macomb

One thing that has created a different look lately is Telly playing the 3.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Color me giddy, With two key players out, and still win by nearly 40, what more can ask for?
      Defense has been great last 4 games. We will have a shot every game with defense like that. Offense has really been fine all season

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Let's not get too giddy about beating up a conference bottom feeder. Against better teams the Jacks will need a good 3-ball threat, and Daum and Hess have been the team's only consistent 3-ball shooters this season. The Jacks need Hess back soon. For other reasons, the team also needs Theisen back.
        I want SDSU to get everybody back healthy but it will be interesting to see who gets playing time and who doesn't when/if everybody gets healthy.

Probably the only reason that Severyn and Flatten are seeing the court is because of injuries. Lane has had a few good games in a row and Flatten played good last night. Orris, Severyn and Flatten all have about the same 3-ball % as Hess. Could any of them keep it up, get better or would they all be worse if they got to play some more. Reed is a little ways back but if he has a couple of good games, he's not that far behind.
        Don't get me wrong, I think Hess is the best shooter on the team but he isn't blowing everybody away with his % so far.

I think SDSU will need Hess and Theisen because their big bodies will be needed. How many games will they be able to play Daum 34-minutes, Severyn 32-minutes and Reed 23-minutes? If one of them gets into foul trouble or something like that, Dykman, Flatten and Howell are the only players that they have over 6'4". Of course, they way the guards scrapped last night, things might be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          It's no coincidence that rebounding, defense, ball movement, energy, etc. are all better right now. Reed has also found his groove again.
          Agree. No rush to see current rotation change.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            I want SDSU to get everybody back healthy but it will be interesting to see who gets playing time and who doesn't when/if everybody gets healthy.

Probably the only reason that Severyn and Flatten are seeing the court is because of injuries. Lane has had a few good games in a row and Flatten played good last night. Orris, Severyn and Flatten all have about the same 3-ball % as Hess. Could any of them keep it up, get better or would they all be worse if they got to play some more. Reed is a little ways back but if he has a couple of good games, he's not that far behind.
            Don't get me wrong, I think Hess is the best shooter on the team but he isn't blowing everybody away with his % so far.

I think SDSU will need Hess and Theisen because their big bodies will be needed. How many games will they be able to play Daum 34-minutes, Severyn 32-minutes and Reed 23-minutes? If one of them gets into foul trouble or something like that, Dykman, Flatten and Howell are the only players that they have over 6'4". Of course, they way the guards scrapped last night, things might be OK.
            It was never the intention that Hess would play as many minutes as he has, but he was leading the league in rebounds on a team that struggled to rebound out of the zone. Now that we are playing mostly man the rebounding is much better. Hess will be back in a more limited roll that will suit him and the team much better.

Theisen found a good niche spelling Daum and sucking up some space inside. But even with one bad wheel he can't be expected to contribute. Get him healthy so he can return as Daum's back-up and give the Jacks quality minutes.

I like the current look and think it will only get better and deeper with time. Maybe I'm dead wrong.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Let's not get too giddy about beating up a conference bottom feeder. Against better teams the Jacks will need a good 3-ball threat, and Daum and Hess have been the team's only consistent 3-ball shooters this season. The Jacks need Hess back soon. For other reasons, the team also needs Theisen back.
              A week or 2 ago we were the bottom feeders, we were dead last, and struggled against this very team we beat. Did western have an off night? Maybe, were we playing as great as we have all year? sure looked like it. ORU is struggling right now but we gave up a lot of points to them last time, like too see how this game goes with them to see where we are at after playing teams home and away.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The energy and confidence levels are good for the Jackrabbits. I would expect to see this continue with the home game on Saturday. The "switch" seems to be turned to on since the Ft Wayne game.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Kind of an interesting website (https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/con...eague-bracket/) I came across before the season. It looks at the probabilities for each college basketball conference. At the low point the Rabbits were:
                  21% to make the semifinals
                  4% to make the championship game
                  1.5% to win the Summit League Championship

On the rise as of today......

Another must win tomorrow. If they win tomorrow they are in great shape to make the tournament. More often than not five wins gets it done. That shouldn't be the goal but all would breathe easier.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I was really surprised to hear the Midco guys say that Hess had been on pace to set the all-time record for 3's at SDSU. It would definitely be nice to have him available by March, but I agree that having others get more minutes has been beneficial. Lots more points in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      I was really surprised to hear the Midco guys say that Hess had been on pace to set the all-time record for 3's at SDSU. It would definitely be nice to have him available by March, but I agree that having others get more minutes has been beneficial. Lots more points in the paint.
                      62 points in the paint is insane. I was also incredibly impressed by the movement and passing by our offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X