Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: The Fighting Leathernecks of Macomb

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    When Hess got hurt, the talk down south was we were screwed because all we had was Daum to score. Daum 16 pts tonight and the team scores 98. We will be fine. No Heth. No Theisen. We can score. Beau Brown!!!!
    Just get to Sioux Falls. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I'm just going to say it. I'm a Chris Howell fan. I love his aggression, athleticism, and ability to finish at the rim.

I'll live with the random WTF turnover if he keeps this up.
      Howell, King, and Severyn bring a lot of high energy to the lineup.

Comment

Great to see the ball movement and attacking the basket, and shooting the three only when it was wide open. Everyone playing and contributing has to help the bench keep a good attitude.

Comment

A 33 point win with Hess and Theissen out?!?! This team is rolling. Though we are still not out of the woods, that 9th place talk seems like a distant memory.

Dominating points in the paint and rebounding, 16 assists and only 6 turnovers, 5 players scoring in double figures, and Beau Brown hitting a 3 - that was a lot of fun. I agree with the comment about Howell below. He's still raw but I can see why there was some hype when he signed.

USD and NDSU fail to help us out with the teams in the bottom half of the league but their losses also compacted the field. Anything seems possible right now. I think I'll find a way to be in Brookings for the doubleheader Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Just a heads up: I'm sticking with the #ChucktheRoundball hashtag.
            Wrong! #ShootThePigskin is way better, way better, a good man once said, real smart man, way better. #ShootThePigskin

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Just get to Sioux Falls. That's all I'm saying.
              Thats all im saying too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                Wrong! #ShootThePigskin is way better, way better, a good man once said, real smart man, way better. #ShootThePigskin
                I can't change now. I think we've only lost 1 game that I've used the hashtag. "Shoot" sounds too formal, anyways. I also like "chuck" because it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about George being a "chucker" in pick up games.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

If Covington has any dreams tonight, Tevin King is going to be in them. He was on him like glue when they were paired up. And that dunk may have been the best of the season.

Comment

Nice win. Great play on both sides of the ball. Carry this momentum into Saturday, get that W and then go scare the **** out of a couple of over confident teams on the road.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mitchell has to be the happiest guy on the board tonight....Flatten played awesome.

I'll second the comment about the energy Howell, Severyn, and King bring. Defense, and offensive boards non-stop.

This team is starting to put things together.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Nice win. Great play on both sides of the ball. Carry this momentum into Saturday, get that W and then go scare the **** out of a couple of over confident teams on the road.
                        Saturday is huge. A two game lead on last place would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Mitchell has to be the happiest guy on the board tonight....Flatten played awesome.

I'll second the comment about the energy Howell, Severyn, and King bring. Defense, and offensive boards non-stop.

This team is starting to put things together.
                          Im Ok with sharing the happiness. And if you ever watch Beau Brown in warm ups, he can shoot the 3. But then so could Cory Jacobsen....

Comment

Im Ok with sharing the happiness. And if you ever watch Beau Brown in warm ups, he can shoot the 3. But then so could Cory Jacobsen....
                            I always wonder if a player like that wouldn't be a good option at end of games when you need a three to tie or win. Be the last player you'd think would get the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Saturday is huge. A two game lead on last place would be great.
                              With the USD women in the first game, we should have 4000+ for the DH. I love Saturdays in the wintertime

Comment

With the USD women in the first game, we should have 4000+ for the DH. I love Saturdays in the wintertime
                                My old lady isnt a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X