GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

So... Apparently there's a basketball game tonight on ESPN3 at 7.

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

UNI is a good three point shooting team with wins over Oklahoma and Arizona St. They are on a 4 game skid with the last loss @ Wyoming by 8. The zone, especially around the perimeter, will have to take another step forward tonight.

Comment

Huge challenge tonight. Road wins at UNI are obviously hard to come by for teams at our level. Hoping for a decently close game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Huge challenge tonight. Road wins at UNI are obviously hard to come by for teams at our level. Hoping for a decently close game.
        Maybe if we beat them, they will come to Brookings someday.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Maybe if we beat them, they will come to Brookings someday.
          They did once. Klienjan made a 3 at the buzzer and we won in overtime I think. So its when Klienjan played here so basically early in the transition.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't see it on ESPN3?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              They did once. Klienjan made a 3 at the buzzer and we won in overtime I think. So its when Klienjan played here so basically early in the transition.
              Didnt Klienjan make a 3 against Denver to send the game to overtime?

Comment

Daum already looking better playing out of double team tonight.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Didnt Klienjan make a 3 against Denver to send the game to overtime?
                  I may or may not have been drunk during that game or maybe after it. I sure thought it was UNI, and I doubt Klienjan made that many buzzer beaters to go to overtime.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

9 minutes in and Jacks only buckets are from 3.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      9 minutes in and Jacks only buckets are from 3.
                      seems like we have given up a few 3s also.

Comment

I may or may not have been drunk during that game or maybe after it. I sure thought it was UNI, and I doubt Klienjan made that many buzzer beaters to go to overtime.
                        Thread Drift

It was Denver.
                        LAST TIME OUT
                        • DU lost a seven-point lead with 33.9 seconds left in regulation, then watched as Matt Cadwell hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer in overtime Saturday night to give South Dakota State an improbable 81-78 victory. The Jacks sent the game into overtime on a 3-pointer by Andy Kleinjan at the end of regulation. Junior forward Antonio Porch scored 25 points and had eight rebounds, and junior guard DaShawn Walker scored 23 points and had 11 rebounds to lead the Pioneers. DU opened the second half with a 9-2 run to build a 44-29 lead with 15:55 remaining in the game. The Pioneers led 63-53 with 3:34 left and 69-62 with 33.9 seconds remaining. The Jacks ended regulation with an 8-1 run. DU senior center Yemi Nicholson had a season-low eight points.

Comment

We beat UNI at Frost in 2008. He wasn't on that team. We've had this conversation at least two other times.

Comment

So... Our defensive philosophy for this game: Hope they don't make very many uncontested 3s.

Surprise, it's not working.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              So... Our defensive philosophy for this game: Hope they don't make very many uncontested 3s.

Surprise, it's not working.
                              When this team is bad...they are REALLY bad.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                              X