GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

I forgot to mention: Hoping that the rebound comes right to us instead of finding a guy to body up.

Surprise, that's not working either.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      So... Our defensive philosophy for this game: Hope they don't make very many uncontested 3s.

Surprise, it's not working.
      Wonder how many threes they make before we get out of that junk defense

Comment

This may seem like a weird notion, but does anyone else get the feeling UNI has done some NBA acting classes? Some movements and gestures seem a little strange when "fouls" happen; just really selling it.

Also, hating these announcers. Not so much because they are tv announcers for UNI basketball, but because I feel like I know more about UNI's team from listening to Tyler's pre-game show on the radio than they do being part of the UNI/Missouri Valley crew.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

1 step forward, 10 steps back...

Giving up 13 3's in one half is Sportscenter worthy.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Just a feeling, but I don't think it was a good idea to run the 1-3-1 against this team. I know it has been working, but this team has the length and shooters to tear it up. Yes, they're shooting well, but there's a reason for that... Because they are getting quality look after quality look.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              We beat UNI at Frost in 2008. He wasn't on that team. We've had this conversation at least two other times.
              I am still sticking with Klienjan made the buzzerbeater to tie it.

So Caldwell did it against Denver, is probably what I am thinking. Did we have any other home wins in overtime during the transition? or didn't klienjan ever make a buzzerbeater?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Just a feeling, but I don't think it was a good idea to run the 1-3-1 against this team. I know it has been working, but this team has the length and shooters to tear it up. Yes, they're shooting well, but there's a reason for that... Because they are getting quality look after quality look.
                They're also feeling good and making shots that aren't quality looks. Some have been lucky with a roll-in or bounce. Jacks just haven't gotten those lucky bits where being off by a centimeter means it won't go in. The Jacks have taken good shots and defense hasn't been horrendous, but UNI is just on tonight (you got to be to get nearly 50 points before half.)
                Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Ugh. We still have to go to Wichita St.

Comment

We need to coach some god damn defense because this is terrible. 15 3s and counting...get out of the zone.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      They're also feeling good and making shots that aren't quality looks. Some have been lucky with a roll-in or bounce. Jacks just haven't gotten those lucky bits where being off by a centimeter means it won't go in. The Jacks have taken good shots and defense hasn't been horrendous, but UNI is just on tonight (you got to be to get nearly 50 points before half.)
                      Defense has been bad. Our guards have struggled to even get us into the offense for extended periods. It is bad basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
                        Ugh. We still have to go to Wichita St.
                        We did make an agreement with them to come play at Frost next year, right? It would be nice to have a real quality men's game at SDSU (team will be better next year and the match-up would draw in a lot of people.)
                        Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

UNI defense reminds me of how another team I like to watch used to play defense and rebound.

Comment

We have 3 2-pt baskets thus far...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

So UNI set a team record and MVC record for 3s made in a game. We played zone the entire time. Shouldn't we have tried something, anything, different? So embarrassing.

Comment

I just don't get not getting Dykman, Severyn, Flatten more minutes?

Comment

Working...
                                X