GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

The irony of the people complaining about a new coach installing a new system with an entirely new front court and a limited recruiting time in his first couple of games doing poorly, while I get roundly ridiculed for being upset we didn't pass in football during a game with an established team, coach, and system, is not lost on me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Does anyone remember that we lost 3 starters a few years ago named Carlson, White, and Dykstra? Carlson was even a converted SG moved to PG. Those were seniors who averaged many minutes per game without many reserve minutes. We lost those 3 guys plus a reserve. That team won the Summit Tourney. The next year Marshall and Parks were playing in Brookings. That team went 24-11 and played in the NIT. They were 9-5 in the OOC. As serious as everyone like to point to lost players...... it happens over and over. We need to accept the "process" which is the change of what we see as the basketball identity that will be Coach Otz's gameplans. If you try to make it more complicated than that, please make it simple enough for everyone to understand. The transition has been bumpier than we had envisioned.
      I don't know if I would call this comparison fair. That team had a player that started for Wisconsin coming in to start at PG. I don't know who Nagy would of brought in other that the 6'8" recruit that he had signed but I don't see a Wisconsin player on this team. I think that Wallace might have been coming here(Iowa Western CC) but I don't know who else. As far as I think, Nagy would of had King, Gentry and maybe Wallace as his PG options. I would like to see Gentry play more (hopefully he can take care of the ball) because El Dervish is averaging about 9 TO's/40 minutes played the last 3 games.
      I like El Darwich's length in the zone but I don't know about his defense other than that. King is good at rebounding playing on the baseline(for his size) but he seems to be having problems getting to the shooters in the corner in time. When we played this zone in high school, we had our PF playing the baseline. I know I don't know and where near as much as Coach Otz so we will have to see it play out. I hope they start to find out how to rebound better out of the zone, too. It doesn't help to make the other team miss the shot it you are going to give them the offensive board.
      I know that teams lose players every year but SDSU needs either Orris, Gentry, Wallace or El Darvish to step up and be a solid PG. If Flatten and Wallace can both become more consistent, the team will be fine but SDSU is weak at PG and SG as of now.
      I do agree that the coaching change will take time to figure out. I won't ever judge a coach in less then 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I don't know if I would call this comparison fair. That team had a player that started for Wisconsin coming in to start at PG. I don't know who Nagy would of brought in other that the 6'8" recruit that he had signed but I don't see a Wisconsin player on this team. I think that Wallace might have been coming here(Iowa Western CC) but I don't know who else. As far as I think, Nagy would of had King, Gentry and maybe Wallace as his PG options. I would like to see Gentry play more (hopefully he can take care of the ball) because El Dervish is averaging about 9 TO's/40 minutes played the last 3 games.
        I like El Darwich's length in the zone but I don't know about his defense other than that. King is good at rebounding playing on the baseline(for his size) but he seems to be having problems getting to the shooters in the corner in time. When we played this zone in high school, we had our PF playing the baseline. I know I don't know and where near as much as Coach Otz so we will have to see it play out. I hope they start to find out how to rebound better out of the zone, too. It doesn't help to make the other team miss the shot it you are going to give them the offensive board.
        I know that teams lose players every year but SDSU needs either Orris, Gentry, Wallace or El Darvish to step up and be a solid PG. If Flatten and Wallace can both become more consistent, the team will be fine but SDSU is weak at PG and SG as of now.
        I do agree that the coaching change will take time to figure out. I won't ever judge a coach in less then 3 or 4 years.
        I could be wrong but I think Mike La Tulip was on his way from Illinois, but he ended up at Wright State.

http://www.wsuraiders.com/ViewArticl...&Q_SEASON=2016

I don't disagree with what you said, but the 2013-2014 didn't have Marshall until mid-December. They were able to be competitive even without him, although having his services helped at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
          I could be wrong but I think Mike La Tulip was on his way from Illinois, but he ended up at Wright State.

http://www.wsuraiders.com/ViewArticl...&Q_SEASON=2016

I don't disagree with what you said, but the 2013-2014 didn't have Marshall until mid-December. They were able to be competitive even without him, although having his services helped at that point.
          If you wore a tulip and I wore a red rose.... Got to be some impact somewhere. If you click on schedule and results Nagy is 4-4 at Wright State. I dunno....

Comment

The experts have the jacks picked today by 6.

Comment

Working...
            X