Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. UNI Panthers

Originally posted by CasualJacksFan View Post
    So the Summit is way down? You may be right, but if that's the case we better not finish any lower than 3rd because if we are worse than 3rd in a year the entire league is down, what does that say about us?
    The league is way way way down... besides IPFW.. let's just hope no one can shoot.. because r defense is only set up for teams that cant shoot a lick

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      You were on a roll until we get to blame Nagy. There is still 3 weeks before we get to conference. The Jackrabbits need a guard or two to step up play. Remember that Parks and Marshall came as juniors similar to our current situation with Wallace plus we have King with a year of experience and RS Gentry with a year around the team. Flatten has been here 3 years. There is plenty of resource at the guard position. There is also Orris, El Darwich, and Howell. I am believing we need a better performance from the guards that are here and deliver the talent the coaches saw when they were recruited. Underclassmen can be positive difference makers. It is up to the coaches and players on the Jackrabbit team to claim the struggles.
      Maybe "blame" was the wrong word. But the blame also isnt all on TJ like some want to say.

This schedule will pay dividends by conference tournament time. And once TJ gets the players he wants and not stop gap guards, we will see the jump.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Maybe "blame" was the wrong word. But the blame also isnt all on TJ like some want to say.

This schedule will pay dividends by conference tournament time. And once TJ gets the players he wants and not stop gap guards, we will see the jump.
        Has the non conference schedule been that tough...serious question? California without their best player and top 5 NBA pick.. Wyoming definitely tough on the road.. uni tough on road but a bubble team at best.. and east tenn st who will have to win conference to make tourney and basically a home game... so maybe 1 or 2 tournament teams..am I missing something about this schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          so we would have lost 54 - 32 instead of 86-59 or whatever the final score was. It seems this team has a confidence problem. We shot well against Mil and UMKC and both were good wins (UMKC better). Last night the shots weren't falling and we weren't quick enough to adjust on defense. We are going to have those nights. The fact that we already have "fans" on here and on Twitter screaming for TJ to be fired is funny, and embarrassing. Everyone needs to relax. This is not a good year for the Summit in Men's BB. NDSU got pummeled by UND last night. Omaha, DU, ORU have all had really bad losses in the past week. The only team that has shown any life is IPFW. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and see what happens.

And yes, Nagy would be losing right now. We lost 4... 4... 4 senior guards who ran this team. We will survive.
          Why are you quoting me? What did I say that was wrong in that post? I'm pretty sure everyone knows Nagy is a defensive minded coach and our defense would be better under him right now. It is also clear our guards last night couldn't initiate any offense for extended periods of time because of UNI's tough man defense. If I am missing something, I'm all ears....terrible pun.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
            Has the non conference schedule been that tough...serious question? California without their best player and top 5 NBA pick.. Wyoming definitely tough on the road.. uni tough on road but a bubble team at best.. and east tenn st who will have to win conference to make tourney and basically a home game... so maybe 1 or 2 tournament teams..am I missing something about this schedule?
            I'd say those are all games we may have lost with Nagy, where I get frustrated is we've had games where we probably weren't picked to win but we still got crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Why are you quoting me? What did I say that was wrong in that post? I'm pretty sure everyone knows Nagy is a defensive minded coach and our defense would be better under him right now. It is also clear our guards last night couldn't initiate any offense for extended periods of time because of UNI's tough man defense. If I am missing something, I'm all ears....terrible pun.
              Not targeted at you, just easier to hit quote (lazy today, cold and snowy). The target was the couple people seemingly under the impression that this team would be cruising right now if not for the choice of our new coach. I'm not sure many of us looked closely at what we were losing. Even Keaton being around would have been a big improvement but the NCAA decided, incorrectly in my opinion that his career was over. I think this team will be fine. We have seen flashes of it. Unlike a couple (not you) who seem to be throwing in the towel I think we need to wait this out and see what happens in conference play.

Comment

Does anyone remember that we lost 3 starters a few years ago named Carlson, White, and Dykstra? Carlson was even a converted SG moved to PG. Those were seniors who averaged many minutes per game without many reserve minutes. We lost those 3 guys plus a reserve. That team won the Summit Tourney. The next year Marshall and Parks were playing in Brookings. That team went 24-11 and played in the NIT. They were 9-5 in the OOC. As serious as everyone like to point to lost players...... it happens over and over. We need to accept the "process" which is the change of what we see as the basketball identity that will be Coach Otz's gameplans. If you try to make it more complicated than that, please make it simple enough for everyone to understand. The transition has been bumpier than we had envisioned.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  Not targeted at you, just easier to hit quote (lazy today, cold and snowy). The target was the couple people seemingly under the impression that this team would be cruising right now if not for the choice of our new coach. I'm not sure many of us looked closely at what we were losing. Even Keaton being around would have been a big improvement but the NCAA decided, incorrectly in my opinion that his career was over. I think this team will be fine. We have seen flashes of it. Unlike a couple (not you) who seem to be throwing in the towel I think we need to wait this out and see what happens in conference play.
                  Im not throwing in the towel. I just like to bitch and moan. I hate watching zone defense and really appreciate teams that play tough man to man. Nagy and Bill Self have spoiled me in that regard.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    We have a bingo!
                    But, but, but, but, but, Nagy was Jackrabbit Basketball. Certainly he would have had these guys playing like Deondre, George, Jake, and Keaton by now.

Ugh! Nagy is gone and ain't coming back. Nagy would've struggled early this year just like we did two years ago when George, Deondre, and Keaton were new to the team.

Didn't UNI make the Elite 8 last year and nearly the Final Four? Yeah, they probably don't suck!

Hey, we are still playing football aren't we? There isn't any need to worry about any of this until football season is over.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      But, but, but, but, but, Nagy was Jackrabbit Basketball. Certainly he would have had these guys playing like Deondre, George, Jake, and Keaton by now.

Ugh! Nagy is gone and ain't coming back. Nagy would've struggled early this year just like we did two years ago when George, Deondre, and Keaton were new to the team.

Didn't UNI make the Elite 8 last year and nearly the Final Four? Yeah, they probably don't suck!

Hey, we are still playing football aren't we? There isn't any need to worry about any of this until football season is over.

SUPERBUNNY
                      we complain about players with no experience....UNI started 3 freshman I believe. Very very different team.

also in 14-15 with all those new players we started 9-3.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

SUPERBUNNY
                        They made the round of 32 and nearly made the sweet sixteen.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Im not throwing in the towel. I just like to bitch and moan. I hate watching zone defense and really appreciate teams that play tough man to man. Nagy and Bill Self have spoiled me in that regard.
                          It's pitiful to watch a team stay in a zone and get their ass handed to them. Man-up and make each guy accountable if they get beat. Twenty 3's is F'ing ridiculous. I'm not condemning anyone but that was flat out embarrassing.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            It's pitiful to watch a team stay in a zone and get their ass handed to them. Man-up and make each guy accountable if they get beat. Twenty 3's is F'ing ridiculous. I'm not condemning anyone but that was flat out embarrassing.
                            Totally agree. It's not the loss. It's how State lost. 20 3's allowed and you don't even try to play man to man? Maybe I'm missing something, but when you're getting drilled wouldn't be a good time to play a little man to man D? Unless TJ is convinced that this team will not use man to man the rest of the season I just don't understand the thought process.........

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Completely agree... man up... the zone obviously wasn't working

Comment

I'm going to say the same thing to you guys as I say to my dad when he complains about politics and politicians: if you have a problem with it, you can take the job and solve the problems. If you think it's so easy to make the changes, you be the head coach and you fix them. If you won't do it, shut up and let TJ do his job his way. Along with a young and inexperienced team, we have a young and inexperienced coach. That may be hard for some of you to accept, but he has to do some learning, too. If you don't like it, you do his job because you apparently think you can do it better. Since he has the job, I trust he will be able to do it. #TrustTheProcess
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X