• Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    He is dead to me.

SUPERBUNNY
    AMEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
      I really really want the job offered to Coach Krabbenhoft. He is our best recruiter and has the respect of all the players. I bet he would stay if offered the job.
      Simply not enough coaching experience at this point in his career.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
        Coaches don't get into coaching to get rich. When the opportunity presents itself you have to take it. Good for coach. Thanks for the awesome ride.

Hopefully we don't think small on this hire. Justin needs to hit a home run. Potentially there's alot riding on this hire.

Change is hard. Hopefully the current players embrace the change.

Once again. Thanks coach & Go Rabbits!
        Yes but he has to think big while staying within $250 - $275 K max salary. There will be plenty of candidates, but that does limit things.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
          Simply not enough coaching experience at this point in his career.

I noticed Joe often interacted with various players during time outs and was not your typical potted plant assistant coach. This doesn't translate into qualifications for HC, but I tend to believe it's in his future. Nagy was the assistant under Thorsen and wanted to be HC when Thorsen left, but like Joe may not have been ready. Joe no doubt leaves on good terms. Who knows what the future holds.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 04-04-2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Looks like SDSU is soaking up much of the news cycle. (That will tick off the branch campus.)

Next big news item in the area will be the replacement search followed by the announcement etc. etc. I think this will sell a few more T shirts.

Comment

I have been very impressed with Sell's hires fore coaching in wrestling, golf, softball, Baseball, etc. So I am kind of excited who he can get for basketball. for wrestling golf and softball we got better quickly but with basketball it could be more challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
                Ryan Miller is very interested and would be a great fit. He's recruited, developed, and coached many pick n pop guys which this offense has thrived with. #daum

Hes making 215k at unlv but turned down 280k at New Mexico this off season to coach a couple recruits he had coming in.
                Do we know he is interested?

Comment

Looks like it's official.
                  One
                  Two
                  2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

We know that Cooley and Krabbenhoff are gone, and that Klink is applying for the job. Do we know if Clint Sargent, who is technically not an assistant coach, is going with Nagy ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      We know that Cooley and Krabbenhoff are gone, and that Klink is applying for the job. Do we know if Clint Sargent, who is technically not an assistant coach, is going with Nagy ?
                      Sargent is going with Nagy.

Comment

It appears Cooley and Sargent will be assistants at Wright. Goff will be the Director of Ops. Klink is staying back in hopes of getting the job. Not sure what will happen if he doesn't get it - hopefully he would consider joining new staff but may be a hard pill to swallow. Sounds as if Ryan Miller has wanted this job to open up for several years now - he will be pursuing it. Would be surprised to see Margenthaler heavily considered although he wants it. Billeter will have a lot of local support - quality, successful coach that fits the mold of the State way with ethics and the way he olds himself on and off the court. If he were to get it obviously Wilbur would be heavy favorite at Augie, his alma mater. Justin Sell and Slade Larscheid (Augie AD) are very close - if Justin wants him they will be candid with each other. Without any inside information, best guess is Billeter or Otzelberger at Iowa State if he considers it a quality job for his first head job. Heard some mumblings that our counter offer to Nagy was strong, whatever strong is. Major facilities on the way for mid major - there will be all sorts of applicants none of us know anything about. Tough see such a great man go - but we are in a good spot.

Comment

When hareball started this thread, he titled it "Nagy to Wright State". I modified the title to "Rumor: Nagy to Wright State". Well, what the heck, I've changed it back to hareball's original "Nagy to Wright State".

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            When hareball started this thread, he titled it "Nagy to Wright State". I modified the title to "Rumor: Nagy to Wright State". Well, what the heck, I've changed it back to hareball's original "Nagy to Wright State".
                            Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
                              It appears Cooley and Sargent will be assistants at Wright. Goff will be the Director of Ops. Klink is staying back in hopes of getting the job. Not sure what will happen if he doesn't get it - hopefully he would consider joining new staff but may be a hard pill to swallow. Sounds as if Ryan Miller has wanted this job to open up for several years now - he will be pursuing it. Would be surprised to see Margenthaler heavily considered although he wants it. Billeter will have a lot of local support - quality, successful coach that fits the mold of the State way with ethics and the way he olds himself on and off the court. If he were to get it obviously Wilbur would be heavy favorite at Augie, his alma mater. Justin Sell and Slade Larscheid (Augie AD) are very close - if Justin wants him they will be candid with each other. Without any inside information, best guess is Billeter or Otzelberger at Iowa State if he considers it a quality job for his first head job. Heard some mumblings that our counter offer to Nagy was strong, whatever strong is. Major facilities on the way for mid major - there will be all sorts of applicants none of us know anything about. Tough see such a great man go - but we are in a good spot.
                              Good info.Thanks. I would be interested in Miller and Otzelberger. Billeter....not so much.

Comment

150 people will probably apply, most you probably have never heard of.

With Sell's other hires they have come from all over and have been strong, so I don't know if the whole local ties thing really matters.

As for Nagy leaving, I said it before the year started, that if he was going to leave this would be the year. Because you had some quality seniors, and after listening but not leaving before, if he didn't leave this year he was going to quit getting contacted and basically send the message I'm here for good. Also facilities are on their way which means fundraisers and construction and I'm not sure if Nagy really wanted to go through all of that.

As for him leaving? Good for him, I've said it before, this is good for a mid-major program.

What is next? IDK, but I'd like to have a coach in place by the end of next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X