12 SDSU vs. 5 Maryland, Spokane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 12 SDSU vs. 5 Maryland, Spokane

This has to be heart breaking for the players. I know how I feel and I'm just a fan. I almost wish it wouldn't have gotten close. Almost.

I'm pretty damn proud I'm an SDSU alum today.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I waited until the end of the game.

For the most part, I'm glad I did.

Hell of a comeback by the Jacks.

It just sucks that the comeback fell just that much (holds thumb and index finger fractionally apart) short.
      I'm just disappointed. To make that crazy comeback only to come that close to winning is frustrating. I never felt like the jacks were going to lose either. This hurts worse than Cavs losing the title last year. First Conor McGregor loses and now this...
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        Led by the young man from Kimball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7ijInJjDY

I'm actually pretty excited for next year. Guard play will be the key.
        Me too. King stepped up pretty good for a freshman in the second half. Telly did his usual solid defending and hit a few big shots, and then there was our freshman post who Got his points on defenders far better than he'll see in the Summit.

Congrats to the seniors on an entertaining and memorable season. They took this program forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Me too. King stepped up pretty good for a freshman in the second half. Telly did his usual solid defending and hit a few big shots, and then there was our freshman post who Got his points on defenders far better than he'll see in the Summit.

Congrats to the seniors on an entertaining and memorable season. They took this program forward.
          King has some gritty to him. We are gonna need that without Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I have the sense that the SDSU men's basketball program took a step forward with this group of seniors. It's up to those coming back, and those coming in next year, to keep things going, and take another step forward.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Congrats on a fine season and a great run today. Ill be honest I thought Maryland was a real bad match up and would end up winning by double digits. Credit to your players though, like we saw at the SLT...there is no quit.

Also Daum is graduating right.....

Comment

I have the sense that the SDSU men's basketball program took a step forward with this group of seniors. It's up to those coming back, and those coming in next year, to keep things going, and take another step forward.
                I think it's going to be a team with a different look. Probably moving from a guard-oriented team (unless we bring in a couple of stud Juco's) to having Theisen, Daum and Telly on the floor together. And Devine needs mor minutes as well. I was disappointed he didn't get any time in the second half after playing well in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                  Congrats on a fine season and a great run today. Ill be honest I thought Maryland was a real bad match up and would end up winning by double digits. Credit to your players though, like we saw at the SLT...there is no quit.

We're going to be applying with the NCAA to invoke the Seekamp Rule.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post

Not sure I've seen a Jackrabbit team with as much heart as this one.

Comment

The understudy is ahead of the master . . . Stephen F. Austin is up 10, 38-28 on West Virginia in the 2nd half (16:50 to go) now.

That tentative first half really, really, REALLY hurt the Jacks.

Low seeds are really roaring this tournament. Parity, baby.

Rats.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We're going to be applying with the NCAA to invoke the Seekamp Rule.
                        The redshirt 1 year, play 4 years rule? Like every other redshirt player?

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                          The redshirt 1 year, play 4 years rule? Like every other redshirt player?
                          No, it just SEEMS like we've had to play her for six or seven straight years.

That's a complement, by the way.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

No, it just SEEMS like we've had to play her for six or seven straight years.

That's a complement, by the way.
                            I know it's a complement, I've just seen/heard people call her a 6th year player and that's not the case!

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                              I know it's a complement, I've just seen/heard people call her a 6th year player and that's not the case!
                              In my particular case, it was more like "Aw, (unfortunate word), not again!"
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm drawing a blank on what the deal was with Marshall. He played as a true freshman at Wisconsin then transferred at the halfway point of his sophomore year (1.5 years), then sat out his transfer year, and played 1.5 years at SDSU. He only got to play a total of 3 years/4. He did play in half or more of 4 seasons. Any chance they could apply for another year for him?

Comment

Working...
                                X