Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Denver in the Summit League Semi-Finals

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Oofta. Glad I wasn't online in the second half, I think I would have said something over the top.

On the game, keep Daum setting ball screens on the perimeter and rolling to post up or out for a 3. The way he was used to ight is not good.
    Brad KNEW IT had suggested putting Tiezen in and letting Daum ride the pine. Not so sure that would have worked, but both were in there the last few minutes. We need two bigs in the line up all the time. Otherwise everyone is going to two time Daum. ORU got it to work so they tried it tonight and darn near got a win.

Comment

I heard Sanford is running a special on heart tests for Jack's fans tomorrow.
      On a real note two games of utter ineptitude and we are still playing. As I am saying my prayers tonight I am going to pray the real team shows up tomorrow.

Shake it off and come to WIN, not just play against ndsu. Stop focusing on Daum and start playing team ball again. Don't get me wrong, I love Daum's game but we are becoming one dimensional by trying to force the ball into him every possession.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Comment

To our "in the moment" trasher of the Jacks players, hope that crow tastes good. Try avoiding repeating. I do hope that the team that evaluates refs consider suspension for any more tourney the zebra on the last 2.0 sec call. Horrendous.

First Summit tourney that I've made. I couldn't have scripted much better entertainment than what the Jacks MBB have provided. Now I hope Jacks take no prisoners vs Bison, and gave a solid, convincing win tomorrow.

BTW, keep the **** off this board before Rabid needs to get foaming mad at other than refs and opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
          We are done.
          I am glad to be proven wrong again.

Comment

I'll never understand the call against Parks in the closing seconds. It kind of looked like Denver guard just dribbled into him as fast he could, with no intention of putting up a shot, and they fell out of bounds as time ran out. But time hadn't run out. All that took less than a second? Yeah, right, ref. Terrible call. Parks' 4-point play a couple minutes earlier was the turning point. Way to never give up, Jacks. One more time now.
            This space for lease.

Comment

I commented earlier today, before the games began, that "weird things happen in conference tournaments."

This year seems weirder than most.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The only way to describe that horrendous call, and the 13th best free throw shooter in the nation subsequently missing the front end of a 1 and 1... Karma.

I honestly think he was utilizing the old make up call after how livid Denver's coach was about the play where we stole the ball and Bittle got fouled. I normally condone that type of practice in the middle of a game if they realize a terrible call, and find a good opportunity to make a marginal call the other way, but the end of the game is obviously not the time or place to do that. I'll have to go back and look at the viewing angle the ref that made the call had, but it was completely inexcusable IMO.

Regardless, survive and advance... Again.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I like the irony that free throws saved us tonight considering how terrible we've shot them all year.
                  Oh, c'mon. We're in the top half of the league and have made something like 135 more than our opponent tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    The only way to describe that horrendous call, and the 13th best free throw shooter in the nation subsequently missing the front end of a 1 and 1... Karma.

I honestly think he was utilizing the old make up call after how livid Denver's coach was about the play where we stole the ball and Bittle got fouled. I normally condone that type of practice in the middle of a game if they realize a terrible call, and find a good opportunity to make a marginal call the other way, but the end of the game is obviously not the time or place to do that. I'll have to go back and look at the viewing angle the ref that made the call had, but it was completely inexcusable IMO.

Regardless, survive and advance... Again.
                    I would have to re-watch the game to confirm my impression, but I think the game was particularly atrociously refereed from beginning to end. There were instances when a foul was called and none of the ten players on the court had any idea who had been fouled and who had done the fouling. There were numerous other instances of obvious fouls not being called on one end of the court and ticky-tack stuff getting called on the other end. The last few seconds just put a bow on top of the entire package of incompetent refereeing.

I felt no joy walking out of the Denny . . . I just felt sort of empty. Both teams deserved better. My overall gut feeling is that Denver probably deserved to win the game based on how the two groups of players actually performed on the court, but that's water under the bridge now.

On to the championship game. Make it mean something.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thank goodness NDSU won, honestly. The way we're playing right now, it would have been embarrassing tomorrow night against IPFW unless we snap out of it somehow.

Comment

Deondre certainly didn't have a great offensive game for the first 35 minutes, but he went into the Kirby Puckett World Series mode (jump on my back boys) during the run. I believe he scored 9 points late and finally provided the spark that got things going with the 4 point play.

Comment

As mentioned earlier I think the basketball gods said enough is enough when he missed that ft. Don't think I have ever seen a call like that. 2 seconds and the guys runs right at our guy who is backing away from him while he goes out of bounds with the ball and somehow we fouled him? Gonna need some reviews to see it closer but that was rough. The league better step in a nd review that call. Are these summit refs or some newbs who never refed a college game before.

Oh and bittles tip in was nuts too.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Thank goodness NDSU won, honestly. The way we're playing right now, it would have been embarrassing tomorrow night against IPFW unless we snap out of it somehow.
                            Wrong! You really wanted to play them tomorrow? Hell no! If I was a Bizun fan I would have totally cheered for the Jacks tonight. For the chance to rub even more salt in the wound...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Oh, c'mon. We're in the top half of the league and have made something like 135 more than our opponent tomorrow night.
                              After looking at the actual stats I have to admit my mistake. Seemed to me we were a much worse FT shooting team.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                As mentioned earlier I think the basketball gods said enough is enough when he missed that ft. Don't think I have ever seen a call like that. 2 seconds and the guys runs right at our guy who is backing away from him while he goes out of bounds with the ball and somehow we fouled him? Gonna need some reviews to see it closer but that was rough. The league better step in a nd review that call. Are these summit refs or some newbs who never refed a college game before.

Oh and bittles tip in was nuts too.
                                I believe at least one was Lamont Simpson of the Big Ten, though I can't verify that at the moment.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X