Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Anytime the Jacks have beat them the last 5 years, it's always been about the officiating. The last two years it was Cody was a flopper, and before that it was because Nate got all the calls. I don't think it was ever because the Jacks just might have been the better team that game.
    Terrible reffing extends into Bison wrestling matches as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
      Fun game last night. Good win for the team. The day off at the conference tournament (if we win game one) is huge. Rest those old guys (Sr's) legs ��

With that being said Frost has turned into Dodger Stadium. Please don't stand and let's get out of here before the game ends. "Gotta' beat the traffic."

Go Rabbits!
      Good crowd last night but you are right, they just don't get into it at all like they used. I get leaving a little earlier if we are 20+ on DSU or DWU. Against the Bison is a head-scratcher to me but to each their own.

We got the Denny rocking last year. Let's do it again!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        Good crowd last night but you are right, they just don't get into it at all like they used. I get leaving a little earlier if we are 20+ on DSU or DWU. Against the Bison is a head-scratcher to me but to each their own.

We got the Denny rocking last year. Let's do it again!

SUPERBUNNY
        I'm in!

💥💪🐇

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Glad to see us quit with switching on their weave offense. In the past, this has allowed them to run their offense until they get the mismatch they want, which allowed them to take the shot they want. It was shooting fish in a barrel.
          In the first half we would also always go under the screeen. It was frustrating. When you know they were going to either drive or take a jump shot with like 4 seconds to go on the shot clock. Wished we would have gone zone to sort of take away that dribble weave. Seems we struggle guarding that. NDSU and USD use it and we struggle. Would have liked to see some double teams when they were looking to drive. cut them off or a little help defense would have helped IMHO. They would just wait till they had AJ on Reed or who ever they wanted on marshall to attack. IF they didnt who ever had the ball would just launch some 3s.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I disagree, I guess. To be fair, I said he'd end up better. Not that he is better now. I think the better Chad White comparison is an insult to his game, and I'm a Chad White fan. Jacobson can create his own shot wherever and whenever.
            I did say better than Chad White.

I just don't see Jacobson being a "take over" type player like Braun was. Maybe he will be, he is still young.

IMO, they have similar skillsets with Jacobson being more athletic and better handles. But he isn't athletic enough to get around a defender without an advantage. The only time he creates his own shot that I've noticed is out of the dribble weave. I haven't noticed them running isolation for Jacobson like they did for Braun/Alexander, although that could change.

Basically, the Bison offense suits him perfectly. He is a very good player.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I wasn't able to watch the game, but I checked out bisonville's reactions to the game and there is a lot of complaining about 'homer calls' and 'ticky-tack' fouls in the post, especially in the 2nd half. I expect some complaining, but it got to the point where they "aren't worried" about facing us in Sioux Falls as long as the refs are fair. Just curious if anyone who was there could give an unbiased opinion of whether they have a legit beef, or if it's just making excuses.
              In my unbiased opinion, Daum did NDSU like Bjoklund used to do SDSU. Daum is light years better than any post they have playing.

Their complaining is sour grapes.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Their complaining is SOP.
                Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Fixed it for you.
                  I think the correct idiom in context would be "ButReffing!"

This however tilts the slippery smackish slope a bit more steeply. I hereby warn myself.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I'd be interested to see AJ Jacobson in a more wide open offense. He's one of the best players in the SL easily, and I think he'll end up being a better version of Taylor Braun. Dude is a stud that can score in so many ways.
                    My opinion has shifted a few times on Jacobson, but if you just looked at him against SDSU you'd think he has the potential to be a future conference MVP candidate. Against others... not as much.

But overall, I don't see a Taylor Braun ceiling for AJ because he doesn't have the quickness Taylor Braun had, and I'm not sure he'll be able to compensate for this to reach that level.

I do, however, see some resemblance in their games, and the first thing that comes to mind is both their abilities to finish near the basket. AJ relies a little more on his size to create the space needed (the spin he does when he has his back to the basket is very impressive) while Braun would use his length and quickness more.

AJ has a better outside shot than Braun (though Taylor started to figure that out by his senior year), but Braun was significantly better at creating off the dribble. I'll have to agree with SF Rabbit on the fact the weave might suit Jacobson well because it gives him the opportunity to get the ball while moving and naturally creates enough space for AJ to get momentum moving toward the basket. It also helps get him matched up on smaller players if the opposing team switches, which sets up nicely for him to use his size.

So, overall, I think Jacobson is an all-conference type player, but I'm not so sure he'll reach MVP caliber.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                    X