GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

If the Jacks hold on and Omaha wins (they are up 18), the Jacks only hope of a #1 seed is IPFW losing twice.

Omaha would be locked into #3 and IPFW beat them twice, so they'd own the tiebreaker over the Jacks.

Comment

Not pretty, but the W is the important thing. I think we're basically locked into the No. 2 seed. If that's the case, I think we rest Bittle until the conference tourney and hope for the best. Glad to have a nice W over the Bi-zon.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Final: SDSU 71, NDSU 59. The line was SDSU -10.

Daum leads with 20 and 6; Marshall with 15; Tellinghuisen with 14; Parks with 11 and 7.

Bison, who went 5-13 from deep in the first half, go 0-8 in the second half.

Jacks have clinched the #2 seed in the SLT. Only way for a #1 seed is for IPFW to lose twice.

Comment

Good solid win. Home win streak survives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Classic clunky game against NDSU. We ended up hitting 70 points though. The defense could have been better in the first half, but if you are expecting to score 80+ against NDSU you have not been paying attention.

It was fun watching Daum work those NDSU posts over. I'll take three more years of that!

Comment

Daum dominate again! Finish strong with win over ORU.

Comment

Congrats on the win. Didn't get to turn on the game until about 9 minutes left in the second half (kids had basketball practice). From the description here I kinda wish I had watched the first half instead! Anyway, good luck to finish the season and in the tournament (unless you play us).

Comment

Good win but this whole NDSU defense is incredible because they only give up what 69 pts per game is overblown. It's their offense as much as anything that controls their points allowed. That offense is garbage unless you can shoot 50% from the 3pt line or have an Alexander etc that can create with 4 seconds on the clock. How many desperation 3's in the first half did they make with 3 seconds on the clock without any penetration or really any reason one of the Jack defenders should fight through a screen. Their bigs are a non factor in 90% of their offense. Blah.

I guess they can bore you to death so it can be effective.
                  Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

The second half found more attempts to penetrate the paint. The bison started to double Daum who did a fantastic job of kicking out when needed. The penetration also found the bison picking up more fouls. 9 turnovers for the Jackrabbits was an acceptable number. Daum should get some good recognition when the individual honors are awarded for the season. (6th man should be a lock by now.) Team free throws is at the level needed to be successful at tournament time. NDSU did not attempt an inside game as Theisen and Daum did not pick up any personal fouls. (The Jackrabbits did not have a block in the game.) Moffit and Marshall both had 4 fouls as Bittle and Parks had 3 fouls each. Parks and Marshall seemed to stay fresh enough with 36 & 34 minutes each. The bison were short handed as Jacobsen and Dupree played the entire game and Brown played 38 minutes. They could have been getting a bit tired running the weave late in the game. Senior Day will have very little pressure for the seniors. They can play a bit more relaxed and maybe keep the home winning streak alive for next year.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A few observations about last night:

1. I WILL TAKE ANY WIN OVER THE BISON, PERIOD!!! They have had our number. Good to get that monkey off our back! Let's not forget they were down two players.
                      2. The Jacks committed to pounding the rock low to Daum in the second half. He had a mismatch. He either got a good shot, got to the line, or found a wide open shooter. This needs to happen all the time!!!
                      3. The Bison found a way to isolate #3 on Marshall on the offensive end and he was able to post him up. They did the same with Jacobsen. Other teams will see that and expect to see a lot of it in Sioux Falls.
                      4. Great to see Telly finding his shooting form. Still throwing a few ugly ones up but his percentage lately is good. Still would love to see him drive to the hoop more.
                      5. Ian Thiessen was solid last night. He was very active on both ends. That is huge!
                      6. Bittle is struggling due to being banged up. You have to love his passion and heart!!! The team feeds on that. He is just trying to do a little too much with the ball.
                      7. Moffitt had an unexpectedly sloppy game. That will sit in his craw and he will tighten it up and be solid next week.
                      8. This was the game that we needed to keep building confidence headed into Summit Tourney. They play like that we will be hard to beat.

Summit Tourney is going to be a blast! Can't wait! Let's make it loud in there!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'd be interested to see AJ Jacobson in a more wide open offense. He's one of the best players in the SL easily, and I think he'll end up being a better version of Taylor Braun. Dude is a stud that can score in so many ways.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          I'd be interested to see AJ Jacobson in a more wide open offense. He's one of the best players in the SL easily, and I think he'll end up being a better version of Taylor Braun. Dude is a stud that can score in so many ways.
                          I'm not sure where he stands in the SL league best player hierarchy but that offense does not play to his strengths overall.
                          Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Sit Bittle on Saturday. Absolutely love watching him play with his hustle and grit, but he is struggling right now. He seems to have kind of ran out of gas after coming back from the knee injury. I think a week and a half off/light work might re-energize him and get him back to 100% healthy for the tourney. We are going to need him to have some solid games for us to win it in Sioux Falls. He's a very solid player that is just slowed a little right now by injury. Saturday's game is totally meaningless we are locked in to the 2 seed regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              He's a player for sure. I'm not ready to put him ahead on Braun.

Daum is a stud. Teams are going to have to double him which should open up the 3 point line for spot-ups and open cutting lanes for Daum to dump the ball off. Not to mention that he can score in a variety of ways. The offense needs to go through him. Theisen....I think you know where I stand on him.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If the majority of teams played the style of NDSU and Denver I would not watch college basketball, period. I want to claw my eyes out watching those schools play. Could you imagine watching NDSU vs Denver? Couldn't pay me to watch that….

Comment

Working...
                                X