Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs. Bison

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
    If the majority of teams played the style of NDSU and Denver I would not watch college basketball, period. I want to claw my eyes out watching those schools play. Could you imagine watching NDSU vs Denver? Couldn't pay me to watch that….
    I think the difference between Denver and NDSU is the defense more than offense. NDSU did not give up any easy shots the entire game, and they seem to have more steals than we did. Their passing seems to be steal-free and very systematic. Like "Knew it" said they kind of put their opponents to sleep. Had they Paul Miller and the point guard, last night, the outcome could have been different. I am not a bison fan nor do I play one on television, but they got a very good game plan.

Comment

Nice win, although the Bison were missing 2 key players. Would have been nice to beat them more soundly, but I will take it.

Glad to see us quit with switching on their weave offense. In the past, this has allowed them to run their offense until they get the mismatch they want, which allowed them to take the shot they want. It was shooting fish in a barrel.

Daum is going to be an absolute beast in this league. NDSU and USD both double teamed him and he still Dauminated both games. It is almost scary how good he could be, there aren't many players with his skillset in all of college basketball, much less the Summit.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
        Sit Bittle on Saturday. Absolutely love watching him play with his hustle and grit, but he is struggling right now. He seems to have kind of ran out of gas after coming back from the knee injury. I think a week and a half off/light work might re-energize him and get him back to 100% healthy for the tourney.
        According to Nagy rest isn't going to do any good. He's going to struggle with whatever (knee or Achilles) is bothering him for the remainder of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I'd be interested to see AJ Jacobson in a more wide open offense. He's one of the best players in the SL easily, and I think he'll end up being a better version of Taylor Braun. Dude is a stud that can score in so many ways.
          I'm not so sure. I don't think he beats many people off the dribble without their weave, which would relegate him to mostly 3 point shooting. Basically, I think he would be better than Chad White, but nowhere near Taylor Braun. He is good, don't get me wrong.

Just my opinion.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I'm not so sure. I don't think he beats many people off the dribble without their weave, which would relegate him to mostly 3 point shooting. Basically, I think he would be better than Chad White, but nowhere near Taylor Braun. He is good, don't get me wrong.

Just my opinion.
            I disagree, I guess. To be fair, I said he'd end up better. Not that he is better now. I think the better Chad White comparison is an insult to his game, and I'm a Chad White fan. Jacobson can create his own shot wherever and whenever.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I checked out bisonville's reactions to the game and there is a lot of complaining about 'homer calls' and 'ticky-tack' fouls in the post, especially in the 2nd half. I expect some complaining, but it got to the point where they "aren't worried" about facing us in Sioux Falls as long as the refs are fair. Just curious if anyone who was there could give an unbiased opinion of whether they have a legit beef, or if it's just making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                I wasn't able to watch the game, but I checked out bisonville's reactions to the game and there is a lot of complaining about 'homer calls' and 'ticky-tack' fouls in the post, especially in the 2nd half. I expect some complaining, but it got to the point where they "aren't worried" about facing us in Sioux Falls as long as the refs are fair. Just curious if anyone who was there could give an unbiased opinion of whether they have a legit beef, or if it's just making excuses.
                Pretty much excuses. They had no answer for Daum!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  A few observations about last night:

1. I WILL TAKE ANY WIN OVER THE BISON, PERIOD!!! They have had our number. Good to get that monkey off our back! Let's not forget they were down two players.
                  2. The Jacks committed to pounding the rock low to Daum in the second half. He had a mismatch. He either got a good shot, got to the line, or found a wide open shooter. This needs to happen all the time!!!
                  3. The Bison found a way to isolate #3 on Marshall on the offensive end and he was able to post him up. They did the same with Jacobsen. Other teams will see that and expect to see a lot of it in Sioux Falls.
                  4. Great to see Telly finding his shooting form. Still throwing a few ugly ones up but his percentage lately is good. Still would love to see him drive to the hoop more.
                  5. Ian Thiessen was solid last night. He was very active on both ends. That is huge!
                  6. Bittle is struggling due to being banged up. You have to love his passion and heart!!! The team feeds on that. He is just trying to do a little too much with the ball.
                  7. Moffitt had an unexpectedly sloppy game. That will sit in his craw and he will tighten it up and be solid next week.
                  8. This was the game that we needed to keep building confidence headed into Summit Tourney. They play like that we will be hard to beat.

Summit Tourney is going to be a blast! Can't wait! Let's make it loud in there!

SUPERBUNNY
                  2. Now Mike has to learn how to kick it out when he feels the double or triple team. If he dribbles it out or holds on to it to long the defense recovers and we have no advantage. Cody was excellent at kicking it to his shooters which gave us an advantage. That's an area Mike needs to work on.
                  3. Well considering he might have only scored once on a post up I don't think that is a concern. The surprise was him knocking down 3 pointers which I bet wasn't on the scouting report. Im willing to bet we had him on the scouting report as a non factor on the offensive end.
                  6. Jake is still finding his rhythm and timing, he'll be alright.
                  Overall, I thought we held onto the ball much to long and as a result ended up with 3-4 really poor shots at the end of the shot clock. I think Mike and Ian are giving us solid post play. I will feel confident in our chances to win the SL championship ONLY if our guard play wins the guard battles.

Comment

It is always difficult to know how the refs will call a block/screen. The best guy who could set a screen was Zach Horstman. He was planted and there was no leaning other than slightly forward. The guards could peel around him and leave the chaser falling to the floor after contact. The foul on Dex Werner was not of that variety. He shifted forward a bit at contact to enhance the screen or maybe the guard did not cut close enough. Most of the time the Jackrabbits were going behind the screen on defense since the weave was not taking early shots in the clock. Dex is a huge hustle machine and he is also a physical guy who is not the quickest or enjoying great footwork. If he only gets 3 fouls a game, I would say the refs were generous. The few passes to him in the paint on offense did not always result in a shot because he is more attitude and hustle than basketball talent. The Jackrabbits could also whine about a few fouls called on the perimeter. The Jackrabbits shot 2 more free throws than the bison and the bison were fouling late in the game to stretch the clock.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Bison foul on every play, the refs didn't call enough on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I would hate to tell you it was just excuses...but there is no beef today...it is Lent after all.

Comment

Fun game last night. Good win for the team. The day off at the conference tournament (if we win game one) is huge. Rest those old guys (Sr's) legs 😉

With that being said Frost has turned into Dodger Stadium. Please don't stand and let's get out of here before the game ends. "Gotta' beat the traffic."

Go Rabbits!

Comment

There were a few questionable calls, but both ways. The reason that SDSU got more of them is that they pounded the paint and penetrated while looking to score while NDSU weaved for 20 seconds a possession.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Anytime the Jacks have beat them the last 5 years, it's always been about the officiating. The last two years it was Cody was a flopper, and before that it was because Nate got all the calls. I don't think it was ever because the Jacks just might have been the better team that game.

Comment

The refs weren't consistent on both sides. They would call some tiny thing on one side then not call more obvious fouls on the other side. This happened to both teams and as a fan it's really frustrating. If they would be consistent there would be less yelling at them from the student section about their intelligence or whatever. Some of the refs this year really need to figure out what they want to call fouls then either always call them or never call them at all.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X