Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU @ NDSU

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Guys, can the Jacks still get an at-large bid? Asking for a friend...
    I'd guess the IUPUI and UMKC losses will pretty much end any chance of an at-large to the NCAA's. Just not enough good wins on the resume to overcome them in my opinion.

Comment

A couple thoughts:

-I don't have much faith that this team can string together 3 wins in Sioux Falls in March.

-I would be shocked to win in Vermillion later this year.

-Based on DI records, it would be safer to bet on our football team winning in Fargo (1-7) than it would be to bet on our MBB team winning in Fargo (1-10).

So frustrating.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        A couple thoughts:

-I don't have much faith that this team can string together 3 wins in Sioux Falls in March.

-I would be shocked to win in Vermillion later this year.

-Based on DI records, it would be safer to bet on our football team winning in Fargo (1-7) than it would be to bet on our MBB team winning in Fargo (1-10).

So frustrating.
        Seriously? Is it dark and gloomy in South Dakota today or what. Bittle is out, half the starting lineup can't practice and yep; Nagy seems to have an issue playing the Bison in Fargo. NDSU is one of the ugliest team in the Summit to watch. They are also a miserable team for us to play due to their style. We need some toughness and Bittle gives us that. I'm not worried about the Bison in Frost, they do worry me in SF. Can we string three in a row? Healthy yes, beat up like we are now no. It is a long season, we will be fine.

I'm far angrier about the women's game. Though lets be honest, it was USD and Seekamp's Superbowl. Read the quotes. We let them come in and emotionally out play us. That should never happen at home.

Comment

Couple more thoughts:

Any team that shuffles around on defense for 30 seconds waiting for NDSU to gain a mismatch and choose their shot (AKA SDSU on Saturday) is going to have a bad time.

There is no doubt Marshall is a great player. If he is in fact unable to practice (as has been reported), how can he suit up to play? If he is that fragile (harsh word I know), can we depend on him for 3 games in 4 days in March?

Man, it seems like it has been a frustrating 8 months to be a Jackrabbit fan.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

A couple thoughts:

Maybe not with the team as it is constructed right now. But get Bittle back, get the rest of the team healthy,and the Jacks have as good a chance as anyone. I think Parks back is more of a problem than we know - he seems to be settling for more jump shots and not taking it to the basket like in the past. If the Jacks can get back to playing like they did through mid-December, I can't think of any other Summit team I would favor over them.

Comment

As far as the health of the team goes, I do not believe George, Jake (and possibly others) will be anywhere near 100% for the remainder of the season. It is what it is...
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Guys, can the Jacks still get an at-large bid? Asking for a friend...
                Sure. If they win their remaining games except for the SL Championship game, the Jacks would be 27-6 with a RPI around 25. That at least would put them firmly on the bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Agree 100%.
                  Disagree. Nagy certainly should shoulder a large amount of responsibility for that debacle but you can't absolve the players when they have those horrific shooting percentages.

Comment

Nagy needs to figure out a better way to defend the dribble weave. NDSU and USD have both used it to beat us.

Comment

Couple more thoughts:

Any team that shuffles around on defense for 30 seconds waiting for NDSU to gain a mismatch and choose their shot (AKA SDSU on Saturday) is going to have a bad time.

There is no doubt Marshall is a great player. If he is in fact unable to practice (as has been reported), how can he suit up to play? If he is that fragile (harsh word I know), can we depend on him for 3 games in 4 days in March?]
                      I thought the reason Marshall wasn't practicing as much was to give him additional rest due to the fact he's played heavy minutes from day one since his leg injury.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
                        I thought the reason Marshall wasn't practicing as much was to give him additional rest due to the fact he's played heavy minutes from day one since his leg injury.
                        It's precautionary measure to prevent aggravating or reinjuring his foot which was a stress fracture.

A few years ago we had a rash of stress fracture injuries on our women's team (had like 2 or 3 down at the same time). At that time there was some question about whether some things they were doing in practice had anything to do with the number of injuries. Can the same now be said about the men? Is there a drill or something else in practice that puts more stress on the feet or that had a higher probability or causing a stress fracture?

JackMD, can you comment on stress fractures?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          It's precautionary measure to prevent aggravating or reinjuring his foot which was a stress fracture.

A few years ago we had a rash of stress fracture injuries on our women's team (had like 2 or 3 down at the same time). At that time there was some question about whether some things they were doing in practice had anything to do with the number of injuries. Can the same now be said about the men? Is there a drill or something else in practice that puts more stress on the feet or that had a higher probability or causing a stress fracture?

JackMD, can you comment on stress fractures?
                          Overuse injury. Because George has had some other injuries in the past this may have changed his running/landing mechanics and how he absorbs impact forces.

Many teams at both the Pro & College are now using tracking units (Catapult & GPSports are two examples) to look at training workloads/volumes of their players during practices. One NBA team, that I have personally seen first hand, uses a unit that counts the number of vertical jumps, above a certain value, to monitor their practice session.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Overuse injury. Because George has had some other injuries in the past this may have changed his running/landing mechanics and how he absorbs impact forces.

Many teams at both the Pro & College are now using tracking units (Catapult & GPSports are two examples) to look at training workloads/volumes of their players during practices. One NBA team, that I have personally seen first hand, uses a unit that counts the number of vertical jumps, above a certain value, to monitor their practice session.
                            I know there is always speculation about using team shoes etc as being an issue. Not sure how much truth there is. But I know different brand shoes hurt my feet for sports then others. Not sure if just uncomfortable or bad support could lead to injury. Not sure how common team shoes are. Seems like players wear different styles and colors then others most of the time.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I know there is always speculation about using team shoes etc as being an issue. Not sure how much truth there is. But I know different brand shoes hurt my feet for sports then others. Not sure if just uncomfortable or bad support could lead to injury. Not sure how common team shoes are. Seems like players wear different styles and colors then others most of the time.
                              Things I would look at: Training volume, changes in training volume, proper recovery/days off, injuries and/or past injuries that may be influencing changes in movement mechanics, and diet.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Things I would look at: Training volume, changes in training volume, proper recovery/days off, injuries and/or past injuries that may be influencing changes in movement mechanics, and diet.
                                Or look at the staff. IMO, we lost one of the best in the business this past year. Don't get me wrong, i know nothing about his replacement, they might be fantastic but Owen got rave reviews from everyone i talked to during his time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X