GDT: SDSU @ NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ NDSU

Nagy: "It's like watching the same story over and over again playing these guys. Feels like they lull us to sleep."

"We're probably not as good of a shooting team as we thought, so we're going to have to figure out other ways to score."

Says he's not sure if he likes starting both Daum and Theisen. Said it's not like they're scoring more in the post with those guys starting.

"When you go on the road, you find out who is really tough. I'm just not convinced we have a tough team. We need to practice."

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Nagy: "It's like watching the same story over and over again playing these guys. Feels like they lull us to sleep."

"We're probably not as good of a shooting team as we thought, so we're going to have to figure out other ways to score."

Says he's not sure if he likes starting both Daum and Theisen. Said it's not like they're scoring more in the post with those guys starting.

"When you go on the road, you find out who is really tough. I'm just not convinced we have a tough team. We need to practice."
      The hot start to the season hid a few flaws. Playing against teams that are familiar with SDSU brings out those flaws.

Will getting the guys back help? Yes, but they aren't the reason this team can't shoot better than I do in rec league. It's getting close to gut check time for this team. It will be interesting to see how they respond. Their play on the road, not counting Minnesota and TCU, has not been good.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Two f'ing points off the bench? What's that about?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Have you ever played or shot in a facility that's not designed for basketball?
          Have you?

Comment

They struggle driving too. We have 2 guys who are in walking boots during the week. 1 starter and 1 key reserve. Your telling me this team isn't better with bittle or flatten?
            What makes you think Flatten is going to make an impact this year? He averaged 10 min/game last year and just over 3 pts/game while shooting 35% from 2 and 28% from 3. By comparison Anders Broman had slightly better numbers the year before. Hes missed an awful lot of practice time so anyone expecting him to make a huge impact this year is likely smoking something.

He has a high upside but he needs experience.

Comment

They didn't beat us in equestrian did they?
              Good one Goon rep points given.

Comment

Have you ever played or shot in a facility that's not designed for basketball?
                ncaa tournament is not played in any facility designed for BBall
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

At the beginning of the season I didn't think I would be saying things like this. After watching today I don't think I want to see the Bison again in March. Hopefully beat them at home next month and not see them again. Sometimes teams just don't match with certain teams.

With that being said someone needs to step up and make a shot - especially on the road. I believe I heard today during the broadcast that SDSU is the worst shooting team in Summit League play. WOW!

Long way to go.......

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Conference games only shooting percentages -
                    FG Pct - 38.9%
                    3 Pt. Pct - 28.8%
                    Ft Pct - 70.6%

Hopefully it's a slump. Never would've thought this back in December.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Surprised how soft SDSU was today in the first half. I think your a much different team with Jake Bittle on the floor. Going to be wild conference season.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                        Surprised how soft SDSU was today in the first half...
                        Why? How is that different from standard operating procedure in years past (in Fargo)?
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Why? How is that different from standard operating procedure in years past (in Fargo)?
                          Just our SOP up there.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                            Surprised how soft SDSU was today in the first half. I think your a much different team with Jake Bittle on the floor. Going to be wild conference season.
                            Having Bittle would have been helpful, but not essential. It is a matter of shutting down NDSU offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Nothing, we need to find ways to shut their offense down. Miller/Brown filled in for LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Nothing, we need to find ways to shut their offense down. Miller/Brown filled in for LA.
                                First game we lost not allowing 70 points. Our offense and being Pu$$ies when we go north beat us....again. Last in the ****ing league in shooting % are you kidding me??

Sooo sick of this ****.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X