USD Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Wells Fargo

I too attended the game in Omaha. We came out with a little fire but usd played us physical. We still outrebounded them by 14 or 15 though. Need to get better looks. We are getting our shots in the paint but always contested. No excuse, still need to finish. USD shot the lights out tonight. Give them credit. I see josh is credited with 5 steals but what that doesn't show is how many times andy and Q. took him to the bucket. My only wish is that we may get a chance in the regional to get rid of the disgusting taste in my mouth and the pain in my stomach. We are not playing well but we are not done yet. Let's give the boys a little support. Believe it or not, they are working their ass off out there and I would find it hard to believe they didn't give it their all tonight. We do expect more from them and they no doubt expect more out of themselves. Let's go home, lick our wounds, pour a little salt in them just to remember the pain, come back and make a statement...

Comment

I stayed for about one half of the UNO and NDSU game.
      Being close to the UNO bench it was fun to watch McKenna the UNO coach.  This man is for real as a coach and UNO seems to be right were we would like to be in winnging games at the end of the season.

It also gave me a chance to watch Ty Graham close up. He is an interesting little fella.  Contray to whats been published in the Omaha World Hearld, Graham did not turn down an offer from SDSU to go to UNO.

This little squirt(Graham) has a mind of his own.  McKenna was correcting him all night long. He was never where he was suppose be and I wondered why he pulled Graham so much.  The reason is  that Graham thinks way to much for himself and really is not a good team player.

Graham is a senior and the coach should not have to be doing so much correction work at this point in a player's career. I got a feeling that Coach McKenna will not miss Graham too much next year.

My take about recruiting two years ago is: Nagy, after getting a good look at this kid said no thank you. There was no offer made to Mr. Graham. There was a offer made to Q and the rest is history.

I think the best thing we can say about Coach Nagy is that he builds a team and wants team players and little Graham would not have fit in the program at SDSU.  
      I think I am right here. I do hope the best for Ty Graham. You got to compliement Graham for developing his shooting skills. There had to be countless hours on in the gym and elsewhere a hoop and ball can be found.

Graham is lucky he got the offer from UNO.

Without Graham, UNO is a good program and will continue to be.  I wish Nagy had went after Ryan Curtiss, No 50. Now there is a solid inside player that can really pul ldown those rebounds and has an aggressive inside shooting game.

Comment

Terrible loss for the Jacks. I hope we make the regional which will almost certainly be in Denver (99%). Best we can hope for is a #6 seed. If a suprise team wins both the RMAC and NSIC crowns then we may be the odd team out. Metro, UNK, NSU, UNO, USD, and Bemidji are all in. That leaves 2 spots. I for one am hoping UNK or Metro wins the RMAC and NSU or Bemidji wins the NSIC. This prevents a 3rd team from snagging an automatic bid an lowering the available slots to only 1.

If the expected teams win the RMAC and NSIC I don't see any at large teams with better credentials than us, even though we tanked at the end of the year. So I will be cheering for Metro and UNK as well as NSU and Bemidji tonight.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think some people are taking this too far. Our play has been subpar lately, but this team still has the talent to go all the way. I think sometimes we forget that these are student athletes. I can't imagine trying to balance school and sports at the collegiate level. I think this week will be great for the team, since they are on spring break. Hopefully the players can have some good practices, work on some of the basics (layups, free throws), and come to to regionals at the top of their game. I think it sucks that we lost to usd, but we came back from a pretty good half time deficit and we had a chance to win the game. If we correct the small things, that game is ours. I'm still very confident in this team, and I still expect big things at the regional. We have great coaching and great talent. A good week of practice and we could be back to our earlier season form.

Comment

I must respectfully disagree with you Charger13. Nothing about the last 5 games indicates that the Jacks are ready to "go all the way". Our defense on the perimeter is not nearly good enough and we don't have someone who can shut down the other teams best player. Our offense has been horrible over the last 4 games against teams with marginal defensive ability. To expect more than a respectable showing at the regional (if we get a bid) is not being realistic.

Metro wins their semifinal game but Bemidji was upset by UMD in the NSIC. Northern plays Winona tonight and Kearney plays Mesa St. If UMD wins the NSIC I suspect NSU and Bemidji will be selected. This leaves only 1 spot for SDSU. If the committee chooses a 3rd team from the RMAC, we are left out. I really do not expect this to happen, but crazier things have. Never count your eggs before they hatch.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Listening to the UNO-USD game. UNO leads 24-11. Coyotes got 9 turnovers to UNO'S 5. With 9 minutes to go in the first half, the Coyotes seem to have dug a hole. Sound familiar

Meto defeated Fort Lewis.

Comment

41-28 at halftime. UNO leads.

Comment

Jackmd,
                  it would be hard for the committee to select Bemdji over us for a spot in the region. We both lost in the semifinals of our conference tourneys, we play in the tougher conference, and have more wins. Plus we beat them head to head. If they did get selected over us i think we would have a case for an argument. We would maybe even have a chance to get in over northern if they don't win the NSIC tourney, the way we tore them apart earlier this season, but definately Bemidji. Although i still don't know if we deserve a spot the way we are playing, thats why we play the whole season. Just my opinion, what do you all think? As much as my confidence in this team is down, we could easily make some noise the rest of the way. If we shoot 45% instead of 35% (or lower) in any of those last four games we probably win every one. We just need some people to shoot like they are capable of. They have shown the talent through their careers.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Ok maybe going all the way is wishful thinking, but I still think this team could end on a good note. We have great players that have had some bad games. They have got to get going again sometime. A good week of practice could really turn things around. I'm really surprised at how negative a lot of the posters have gotten. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and how people react to the recent games is up to them, but I still expect a good showing at the regionals.

Comment

UNO wins the NCC 82-70. The Coyote broadcasters think their could be a rematch of UN0-USD in Denver.
                      Who knows.

Charger 13

Its been a tough season. I would like to be surprised by two things. One we get selected to the North Central Regional. Two we win the Regional. I dont know how we will do it, but if our guys are pensive what can we expect from fans. Its enough to make you start thinking Twins and Cubs baseball. Our basketball season is over if we continue this slump.

Comment

Bemidji won the regular season NSIC championship and split with NSU, who will get a regional bid.  BSU is ranked #7 in the region.  The loss to SDSU was early in the season and BSU is 8-2 over their last 10 games.  

I understand and you understand that the NCC is leaps and bounds ahead of the NSIC, but does the committee understand this.  Jacks have lost 3 of their last 4 games and have played poorly over the last half of the season.  In our favor, is the fact that BSU has lost to SDSU, USD, NDSU, SCSU, and UND this year not a single win over an NCC team.  

I agree with you, we should be in over BSU but will the committee see it that way?

Comment

Working...
                        X