USD Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Wells Fargo

My hearts still in it, just wish the Jacks would show some heart early in the game. This USD team is not one that should continue to control pace and lead the game against a better SDSU team. Unless I am over-estimating this SDSU's team ability. Mueller hits a 3 USD now up 37-28, Giever misses another ill-advised shot and USD rebounds and is fouled. USD now up 38-28. Need a little mini-run before the half.

No doubt, we can still win this game, but its not that kind of performance thus far. If your not disappointed your in denial. USD hits a 3 now up 41-28. Time to buck-up boys.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The U will cool down in the second half like always. However, the Jacks need to step it up if they want to take advantage of the Yote's second half swoon.

Comment

Need to get out and stop the 3's. 7-11 in the first half. That's too many to give up.

Basically Jacks need to play defense. 44 points is too many to give up in a half.

Not in denial but not ready to panic yet. In fact, I like the thought of the Yotes thinking they have it, then taking it away. But I'd be much happier if we were up by 20 at the half, no doubt. More beer will help...
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Can't hit lay-ups, can't defend the three, no inside play, can't hit free-throws, can't take care of the ball.  Looks like a team that will be going home early to me at this point.  Sure not showing the heart of a champion. >

I am VERY frustrated. Go State!

Comment

Hansen hits another 3 at the buzzer, 14 points for him thanks to no defense from the Jacks. USD up 44-30. This is embarassing and if you think otherwise you need to open you eyes. No excuse for this performance. Similar first half as Tuesday but against a better team. It will be tough to overcome this deficit unless a different team shows up in the 2nd half.

I'm always a fan but I am a fan who expects a certain level of competence. Granted, USD deserves credit for a decent half, but they did not play their best. We just played as bad as we could. No inside game despite Jone' return and an absolute lack of any defensive intensity and rebounding. This game is about where it should be.

That said, Jacks need to come out and win the 2nd half. In order to win the game we need to outscore USD by 15 points in the 2nd half (obviously). We do this by holding them under 70 points (as I said last week at half-time) and let our offense come to us by working the ball inside and taking open outside shots when they are available. Must come out of the locker room with defensive intensity or we will be headed home.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Oh, definitely. They continue to play this way they're one and done in the NCAA regional.

The only way back is overwhelming defensive intensity. Don't know if the Jacks have it in them...I hope so.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

20 minutes is a lot of time. I am never comfortable against the Jacks until the final buzzer.

Comment

It would be nice to score against a poor USD defense.  After all, they give up nearly 80 points a game in conference and 75 out of conference, behind only Augie and MSU (barely).  Just no excuses for the Jacks.  Clearly a lack of desire/heart and maybe even confidence.  What has happened to this team?  That don't expect to win any games anymore?  Is it Nagy who is bringing them down?  I am at a loss.

goyotes, you should be more than pleased to be up by 14. Don't worry about the outcome, celebrate the lead.

Comment

So far so good, Jacks score first 5 points of the 2nd half. Better keep it up for 20 minutes, though...
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I wonder if it's not fatigue...too many games against too many good teams...
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Still haven't made it home. I don't see any mention of Jones in this thread. Has he been doing much?

Comment

Like most Jacks he is missing lay-ups and missing free throws. 5:52 remaining USD 60 - SDSU 52. We might win one in the regionals but we could also have a one and done NCAA. Its too bad this team had a lot of potential. Still love SDSU!

Comment

andy is the only one who is playing, they have hit eleven threes, we are shooting 34%, and we are only down 9. We are in this gaime but in no way do we deserve to win.

Lets go rabbits.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Jacks shooting 33% from the field, USD shooting 55% from the 3-point line. Enough said. If this doesn't change dramatically we lose. USD will not miss many free throws. Credit to Mueller for hitting some big shots. Critical of Jacks for missing many lay-ups and free throws. I don't want to hear any excuses from anyone. Great teams win despite the situation. Are we a great team? Thats in doubt right now.

Comment

I don't understand how we're only down 5 with over 2 minutes to go. We've played horribly, but are still in the game...

GO RABBITS!!!!
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X