USD Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Wells Fargo

I think as a team you have to call this SDSU squad underachievers.  They have the talent that they should have run away with the NCC.  After Tuesday's performance you would be hard pressed to say that we are any better then middle of the pack.  They have not shown the ability to just turn it on, so I have little hope for the regionals.

Very frustrated > Still love you Jacks!

Comment

Still trying to be optimistic...

Sitting, watching, and resting the rest of the weekend might be the best thing for the Jacks...

Something's not right...they're not shooting well and their heads just aren't in the game. If I was Nagy I'd give them the rest of the weekend off, have them come back Tuesday and see where we are. Hopefully we don't slip to a #8 seed and have to play Metro right out of the gate.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jackmd, you're an asshole

Comment

pb, you're a retard.

Comment

Bball fan: Not nice. Go to your corner.

Everyone's pretty upset right now...we don't need to turn on each other...that would be a U thing.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I just hope we make the regionals. We need to pull for the favorites in the RMAC and NSIC, otherwise it is football season.

Go State!

Comment

absolutely terrible, we shouldn't be worried about playing metro when we struggle against everyone and anyone. Hopefully Nagy can work some magic, but he cant hit shots and layups for the team. and freethrows > > >
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Credit to USD, they are clearly a better team than we are right now. At best we are the 3rd best team in the NCC. If NDSU pulls 2 upsets and wins the championship we should not go to the regional, which would not be inappropriate.

If we make the regional, I expect nothing from this team as they stand right now. We will be a #6 seed at best and could be the #8 seed playing Metro in the 1st round. Maybe this would be best.

Either way, being realistic, we have virtually no shot at winning the region. The way we have played the last 5 games (including a lucky win over MSU) in no way indicates that we are a team that can even win a single game in the region. Close wins over poor MSU and UND teams are nothing to be excited about. Perhaps we all should have seen this coming. I think Nagy did, he just couldn't come out and say it.

We don't deserve to be in the post-season but probably will be. Who else deserves the spot? The way we are playing now it would be an upset if we advance beyond the semifinal game of the regional. The Jacks players should hang their heads over this loss. There is no shame in that when you've had your ass handed to you.

SDSU comes to the court to win each and every game. I'm not sure these player understand that and I think this is frustrating. Someone should take the blame, but I need help deciding who. Maybe I'm wrong and we have just run into a USD team that is going to win it all. I really doubt this. Piss poor job Jacks. Pack your bags and head back to Brookings. Good luck to USD tomorrow. The better men won tonight.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Nagy said Wenig most likely broke his foot in warmups,
                    great news. > > >
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

So..... You say we might get S. Utah on the football schedule. Thats great ! I sure like our new FOOTBALL schedule.
                      WHAT THE H*LL IS GOING ON HERE! > > >

Comment

No, I don't think USD is that good. They'll make the regional. I don't think anyone's going to beat Metro though.

SDSU is the one team in the country in D-II that in my opinion has a shot to beat Metro, but only if we were playing with the confidence we had after the Michigan Tech game.

I think UNO and specifically Ty Graham cut the heart out of this team somehow, maybe even as early as that game in Brookings. There's just no confidence, no swagger at all left. We're reduced to being an average team at the worst time of the year.

The Jacks are still a good team, they just don't think they are any more. I don't know if there's a cure for that.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

pb,

Please tell me what makes you think I'm not a nice person? Is it that I expect a certain level of performance from a team that has been ranked in the top 10 all year? Is it that I am a spirited supporter but also willing to offer criticism when appropriate? I suspect the issue is with you and no one has been willing to raise it.

Please send me a personal message explaining yourself as I will be sending you one. No hard feelings, just interested in some reasoning for your statement. I may seem like a "mean" person to you but I suspect you have misinterperted something I said. I suspect we can work things out.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by pb
                            Jackmd, you're an asshole
                            No reply thus far from pb. Perhaps I will hear from you later.

In the meantime, I would like to say (and please don't interpert this as mean, pb) that fans like yourself (if you are a Jackrabbit fan) are difficult to understand. Typically you are nowhere to be found when the teams are struggling or the university is being criticized for the move to DI. Look at a fans like SDSUFAN, 89rabbit, Alumguy, etc.. who have stood behind this university through thick and thin and have been integral in the move to DI. I hope to model myself after them and be considered in their company.

Like many of the so called fans and occasional posters on this site, I suspect you will post a few threads here and there, none with any substance or quality, and then return to whatever you find more important not thinking one bit about SDSU or what the future holds for SDSU. What we really need are people who are in this thing for the long haul. I am one of those people whether you like it or not.

I am only trying to be honest here and please correct me if I'm wrong about you. First impressions are not always right, but they are first. Give me a reason to change my impression of you. I may not be willing to reconsider my stance on the SDSU move to DI (staunch support, in case you can't tell) but I may be moved to change my opinion of you but the ball is in your court (pun intended). Again, I look forward to hearing from you.

Nice grammer by the way. (you may misconstrue this as mean, its just a little shot that you should be able to handle) Maybe I'm expecting too much from you and this makes you upset. Or perhaps, instead of recognizing your mistake and correcting it in the future, you instead regress and revert to calling me "mean", again.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Look at a fans like SDSUFAN, 89rabbit, Alumguy, etc.. who have stood behind this university through thick and thin and have been integral in the move to DI.  I hope to model myself after them and be considered in their company.
                              jackmd,

Thank you for the kind words. You make me blush. :-[ I for one enjoy having you on the board and as part of the Jackrabbit family. Your passion is very much appreciated.

Go State!

Comment

Having been to the game and having watch one half of the UNO-NDSU game, the will to win does not seem to be the same for the Jack as it is for other three teams.  We continue to struggle and I was sitting about 20 feet from the SDSU bench.  Our guys dont want to lose, but there is frustration, especially with Derrick Schantz.  I was glad to see see him knock a few buckets towards the end.

I sense a tentivness that seems to create missed buckets that should have gone in.

Green and Beran both need to become more aggressive offensive and defensively. If they dont they will continue to make turnovers and give up fouls.  Right now USD's Turner Trafholtz is miles ahead of these two and he is only a sophomore and maybe one more year of experience than Beran and Green.  These two need to pick up the pace. Both are not where I thought they would be by this time of season. A couple of off season projects for some one on the staff.

Jones probably was not feeling that well phyically, but you could sense the desire to get out there and do damage. USD constantly double teamed him and Matt struggled at the free throw line.

We got some real work cut out for us if we make the regional.  With 26 wins its hard to deny us a spot, SDSU will not stand a chance of hosting though.

Comment

Working...
                                X