Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Now, that, we are, back , to, the, task, of, new, prospects, do, the, Jackrabbits, have, any, firm, prospects, or, verbals? It would seem likely that some news would be trickling out about some interested prospects. We should have 3 scholarship slots with Bittle, Marshall, and Parks as seniors.
    Most of our recruiting activity I hear about in the region are for kids in the 2017 class. I would guess that if these scholarships get used for the 2016 class, it will go to a player outside the region or JuCo. A high major transfer could be a possibility as well.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Most of our recruiting activity I hear about in the region are for kids in the 2017 class. I would guess that if these scholarships get used for the 2016 class, it will go to a player outside the region or JuCo. A high major transfer could be a possibility as well.
      Looking ahead to 2017, we have Connor Devine's spot opened. He is the only junior this year. It could be likely to carry a scholarship forward if there are recruits that are high on the radar. Meanwhile, there does not seem to be any noise out there for 2016 recruits.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It will be interesting if we hear anything about visits next weekend - you would think Hobo Day would be the prime time to bring recruits in. Hopefully we are in on some recruits that may be hoping to get high-major offers. Sometimes you have to get closer to the signing period for things to shake out with them. With a need for immediate help for guards a year from now,a JUCO could be a definite possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          I don't think 2016 is a very deep class in Minnesota for Div.I players. Both 2017 and 18 are considered to be deeper with quality prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            It will be interesting if we hear anything about visits next weekend - you would think Hobo Day would be the prime time to bring recruits in. Hopefully we are in on some recruits that may be hoping to get high-major offers. Sometimes you have to get closer to the signing period for things to shake out with them. With a need for immediate help for guards a year from now,a JUCO could be a definite possibility.
            This.
            For the record, I hope there isn't a dependency going forward on JuCo. Love home-developed talent of kids who want to be here from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              This.
              For the record, I hope there isn't a dependency going forward on JuCo. Love home-developed talent of kids who want to be here from the beginning.
              Need to get the best recruit available. We have 2 players right now that prove you don't need to have them for 4 years to be successful.

Comment

Loudon Vollbrecht has committed to SDSU...http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/new...rer_id=1504886

Comment

He also thinks highly of Nagy...https://twitter.com/KaneCountyPreps/...85481196179456

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    Loudon Vollbrecht has committed to SDSU...http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/new...rer_id=1504886
                    Great news ! The early signing period runs through tomorrow, so hopefully he signs on the dotted line before he leaves town.

Comment

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Does he know nagy has either looked or had his name considered for for other jobs the last few years?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Does he know nagy has either looked or had his name considered for for other jobs the last few years?
                        What does this have to do with his tweet or anything else for that matter??
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          What does this have to do with his tweet or anything else for that matter??
                          Did you read his tweet??
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is a nice get for the coaching staff. Don't think we've had anyone here even close to the kids size and sounds like he competed well against high major posts this summer. Wish I could find some decent basketball highlights, but being that he was such a big football recruit, those are pretty much all I can find.

Found one clip of an alley op dunk on twitter, which at least shows his athleticism for a guy his size.

https://twitter.com/MikeySchroeder1/...92850042978304
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I wonder what his build will be after he concentrates only on basketball. He has a football build now but I don't expect him to be a Forbes but a strong post that has a good touch around the hoop. NDSU has had success with simular post players it will be nice to have one of our own to battle with them

Comment

This is a good direction for the program and all we need now is the LOI. He should be healed by next October.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X